Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:42:54 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! ~ good DUMB FILM « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! ~ good DUMB FILM  (Read 11317 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: July 12, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »

When I started a thread about DUMB FILMS, it had occurred to me to revisit it periodically to update with the latest DUMB FILM I'd looked at.  Then I realized I should simply start a new thread each time I was compelled to (such as with SLEEPAWAY CAMP).  In that original DUMB FILM thread, it was suggested to me that I should have differentiated between good dumb and bad dumb.  I've thought about that a lot. 

Well, FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! (1965) is the QUEEN of BAD MOVIES and a perfect example of a good DUMB FILM.  Its movies like this that inspire websites like this.  Noted for its three chesty leads Tura Satana, Lori Williams and Haji, its classically "so BAD its GOOD" complete with sexploitive romps, drag racing, a lecherous old cripple, nubile innocent, musclebound moron, liquid eyeliner, girl on guy murder, and doped and drunk beauties.  With a seriously implausible plot, grossly bad acting, and just enough sex and violence to keep you riveted, this film never takes itself so seriously that it spoils the cheesy fun.  Simply put, FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! is Sleaze Cinema at its most innocently amusing.   Tura Satana, though no actress, is a sheer force of nature.  It's wonderful to watch every character cower before her.  I would like to say that the only thing bigger than this gal's cannons is her derriere, but alternately purring and roaring at friend and foe alike, the "biggest" prize would have to go to her mouth! 

This thread was inspired thanks to CHEEZEFLIX who posted a notice about FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! being on TCM last night and I finally got to look at all of it.  Last time TCM showed it starting at 2am, I fell asleep!    Drink
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 10:33:07 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:55:04 PM »

Ah, this is a good one.  It's hard to feel sorry for most of the characters, but...gosh darn, would you look at Tura Satana's breasts!

The review:
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/fp***ycat/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 05:38:48 PM »

That was fun but should point out the review has spoilers...Thanks for the link! 

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »

That was fun but should point out the review has spoilers...Thanks for the link! 

My apologies.  My reviews do often contain spoilers.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:34:05 PM »

No need to me, I've seen the thing!  Smile  Besdies that, I have no problem with so-called "spoilers" (I don't really believe in such a thing).  However, through being around, I've learned spoilers is a sensitive subject for many.   TeddyR

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:03:19 AM »

No need to me, I've seen the thing!  Smile  Besdies that, I have no problem with so-called "spoilers" (I don't really believe in such a thing).  However, through being around, I've learned spoilers is a sensitive subject for many.   TeddyR
I agree with you Allhallowsday on the subject of spoilers. It doesn't matter if I know the ending. What I'm interested in is "how" they shot the film, what kind of characters are involved, does the story have that something special to make it unique. Your probably more of a film student than the average movie goer.

By the way I missed my chance to see FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! again on TV.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:21:28 AM by Scott » Logged

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 06:03:32 AM »

This is one of those on my "must see!' list that somehow allways eludes me! DAM! We have satilitte...but Tara knocked the price down which meant buying a package...that being the lousy 'family and childrens' programs...and TCM ain't on it.  Bluesad
sigh. Someday....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:39:34 PM »

This is a wonderful film. I picked this up on Laserdisc recently on ebay. Well worth it as the laserdisc transfer of this film is beautiful. Its part of the Russ Meyer BOSOMANIA collection as a double feature with Moto Psycho.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 11:36:46 PM »

I ... I ... I feel so honored, I'd like to thank the academy, oh wait I didn't win anything. Damn! All I did was to inspire a thread.

Anyway FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! is likely Russ Meyer's crowning achievement so what does that tell you? I think this is to rerun on Sept 3 at like 3AM. You can't help but like this film if for no other reason than the babes with Russ is famous for and other such cinematic masterpieces as Lorna (1964), Mondo Topless (1966), Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970), Supervixens (1975) and so many more ... ok not many, but a few.

There is a film called "Pervert" out that is a tribute to Russ, you might want to check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460898/

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 11:57:53 PM »

I ... I ... I feel so honored, I'd like to thank the academy, oh wait I didn't win anything. Damn! All I did was to inspire a thread.

Anyway FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! is likely Russ Meyer's crowning achievement so what does that tell you? I think this is to rerun on Sept 3 at like 3AM. You can't help but like this film if for no other reason than the babes with Russ is famous for and other such cinematic masterpieces as Lorna (1964), Mondo Topless (1966), Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970), Supervixens (1975) and so many more ... ok not many, but a few.

There is a film called "Pervert" out that is a tribute to Russ, you might want to check it out.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460898/
And I thought you were going to say: "You like me!  You really like me!!!"  Thanks for contributing Cheezeflixz, karma for jumping out of an airplane!  (Hope I spelled effeething all-lite!)

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 12:01:26 AM »

And I thought you were going to say: "You like me!  You really like me!!!"

I'm not delusional.  TongueOut

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 12:45:45 AM »

Just oxygen starved?   Twirling  45,000 feet?   Twirling  eh-heh.  eh-heh. 

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007, 12:53:08 AM »

20 years ago perhaps, nowadays my feet stay firmly on the ground. We had a saying before the jump, "gravity kills"

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »

20 years ago perhaps, nowadays my feet stay firmly on the ground. We had a saying before the jump, "gravity kills"
Getting back to Tura Satana . . .  Buggedout  She still haunts my dreams . . . and defies gravity!  Wink
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:08:02 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 10:29:41 PM »

This film is available right now on YouTube.  If you've not seen it, it's like a primer on Bad Movies.  It may be the greatest Bad movie I've ever looked at, but, now that it's available on YouTube (and they take 'em down routinely) it should be exploited.  

Small | Large

RUSS MEYER and TURA SATANA are both deceased, so maybe that's why you can see this sh!t masterpiece.  

THE QUEEN OF BAD MOVIES!!!  I keep lookin' at it!! 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 10:33:14 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL! ~ good DUMB FILM « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.