Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:37:20 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  $55 bottle of WATER??? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: $55 bottle of WATER???  (Read 14726 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 01:18:51 PM »

Red Fla-Vor-Ice gives you cancer and the green ones make you horny - so I've heard.

I'm not sure about the blue ones, but they are handy to keep in mind when some wise-ass claims there is no such thing as 'blue food'.

Hillbilly Popsicles-I must have some cancerous,horny kids...they live on these things!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 01:20:16 AM »

Thanks, Andrew, I had considered something like a sport bottle at one point, but disposable is an important consideration for me. If it gets dropped, crushed, or lost - no biggie. And it happens a lot at work. Plus I did throw one down in a bad moment at work when a piece of equipment kept failing whenever I turned my back on it, literally, managed to split it open and send water everywhere, made a really impressive sound though.

Besides drink clear liquid from an unmarked bottle at work inevitably leads someone to ask the obvious question, "Water?" My usual answer is "Gin."

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
BTM

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 08:24:38 PM »

Not always, I think a lot of times problems with things never come out right away usually after 2 to 4 years and after a decent amount of people die.

Yeah, but also a lot bogus health "risks" come out in the news that are wildly exaggerated so they can buy air time.  Like the "dangers" of exploding Bic Lighters which killed a whopping ONE person. 

Meanwhile, heart disease kills about 400,000 people each year, but that doesn't make for exciting journalism.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 08:27:13 PM »

Is that true?
I love taking my water out of the freezer and drinking it with ice crystals.

i think its bs.  A health risk like this would come out in the news if it was real. 
[/quote]

Not always, I think a lot of times problems with things never come out right away usually after 2 to 4 years and after a decent amount of people die.
[/quote]

BTW, the email (like most of it's type) is complete BS.  I check it out on snopes.com (a good site to go to the next time you get one of these 'warnings" in the mail.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/petbottles.asp

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Raffine

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 08:29:14 PM »

Hillbilly Popsicles-I must have some cancerous,horny kids...they live on these things!

Heck, after I posted that I got myself one of the purple ones from my freezer.

I buy 'em at the Dollar General Store. I think the 100 pack is $2.00!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2007, 01:20:03 AM »

Fla-Vor-Ice and ramen...you could feed yourself for about $2 a day.  Isn't it scary how cheap they are?  I'm almost certain that ramen is a weird kind of worm that boils to the surface and is harvested by child workers.  Fla-Vor-Ice must be made from liquefied people or something like that.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 09:25:38 AM »

Well what I've thought for a long time turns out to be true ... I've stuck to my guns that this was often the case and even in my own house I was told I didn't know what I was talking about as Ms Cheeze stood there sucking on her $2.50 a liter bottle water, 4X the cost of gas. Well Aquafina is the single biggest bottled water brand, and its bottles are currently labeled "P.W.S." The new labels will spell out "public water source."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003809534_aquafina28.html

Anybody remember back in the day when Perrier was busted for selling nothing more than tap water, and all those status hungry folks where is shock? Seems they have benzene in the water, something found in tap water but nothing in spring water.

Meanwhile the healthy seeking bottled water drinkers are creating more waste ...

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 09:50:58 AM »

BounceGiggle

South Africa's water is, for the most part, the cleanest water anywhere and those that drink EL SPITTO and LOS BACKWASH bottled water locally are probably just trying to show that they can afford to drink the stuff, which is quite expensive here.

No, I'm with Captain Haddock on the mineral water issue: I drink tap water and nothing else resembling H2O, unless I am on the road somewhere, then I will buy a bottle of Eau De Toilette and drink it.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 07:18:19 PM »

Pretty sure most bottled water isn't even as good for you as most tap water, especially tap water filtered through a Brita jug. I'd assume that's even more true in rural places like where I live where there's very little pollution.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 07:27:12 PM »

Tap water is, by and large, quite pure.  I drink lots of water daily and it all comes from the water fountain in our building.  I just fill up my big cup or jug and take it back to my shop. 

Brita filters are an activated charcoal.  That means it should capture some chemical contaminants and will improve the taste.  It will not do anything for stuff like bacteria or protozoa.  Still, if you don't like the taste of your tap water, a Brita filter should solve the problem.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 11:26:39 PM »

I have been drinking tap water that comes from a well everyday for almost 10 years and I haven't gotten sick yet. I see no reason to buy bottled water unless I'm at a jobsite or on the road, otherwise its just a waste of my money.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  $55 bottle of WATER??? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.