Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:46:46 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So what are our hobbies (BESIDES B movies)???? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: So what are our hobbies (BESIDES B movies)????  (Read 29737 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »

I also love to annoy my redneck neighbors that live across the street from me whenever possible.

I love to abuse bigots. My neighbor across the street flies a confederate flag (I do mean on a flagpole in his yard). He keeps his distance and is polite to me in person, but he is one backstabbing son-of-a-b***h.

My appearance throws bigots, and I just like to keep them guessing.

I am part Cherokee, but some people will dig to find out my heritage*. I have been called Saddam, Chico, and a few other nicknames, which is fine by me as it gives me plenty of opportunity to abuse them.

*What comes off bigotted about inquiring as to my heritage is that bigots will inquire about it to find out if I am...uh...'okay' and not one of those people. It doesn't bother me what they think my heritage is.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 10:50:22 PM »

I also love to annoy my redneck neighbors that live across the street from me whenever possible.

I love to abuse bigots. My neighbor across the street flies a confederate flag (I do mean on a flagpole in his yard). He keeps his distance and is polite to me in person, but he is one backstabbing son-of-a-b***h.

I am part Cherokee, but some people will dig to find out my heritage*. I have been called Saddam, Chico, and a few other nicknames, which is fine by me as it gives me plenty of opportunity to abuse them.

*What comes off bigotted about inquiring as to my heritage is that bigots will inquire about it to find out if I am...uh...'okay' and not one of those people. It doesn't bother me what they think my heritage is.

I bought my 1st house  a little over 2 and 1/2 years ago.  It's in a pretty good neighborhood but the people who live across the street from me define white trash.  For the most part they leave me along and I leave them alone. But late last year, one of the girls that lives there (it's like a clown car in their double wide, I'm still to this date not sure how many actually live there) backed into my car as I was leaving for work.

Since then, they have been really rude to me at times as they feel that I went overboard by calling a cop to have him document the accident, put her at fault as she was and give her a ticket because she didn't watch where she was going.

She has an older brother who has this Mohawk thing on his head that he's let grow out so now I call him "Flock of Redneck" who has made some comments to me since then about why I called the police.  I told him "Well, because your sister backed into my car and caused 1000 dollars worth of damage on a public street".

so now, anytime they can, they'll have music blaring at various points during the day (usually Skynyrd) as I like to keep my doors open and my storm door screens up.  They also will rev their engines to no end since then and spin their tires in the road as they're taking off (which is stupid because they only have a few feet before they turn left or right onto one of the main roads anyway).

they also got mad at me feeding their cat as they don't take care of it and I'm a big cat person.  Their cat is really sweet and has taken to just living on my side deck area and they had the nerve to tell me they didn't appreciate me feeding their cat.     

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Menard
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 11:10:24 PM »

Their cat is really sweet and has taken to just living on my side deck area and they had the nerve to tell me they didn't appreciate me feeding their cat.     

I am thinking of a segment in the original Tales from the Crypt movie involving a flaming a$$hole and his dog. But, I digress, the cat probably couldn't devour that much and it is probably spoiled meat with which to begin.

Growing up in trailer parks has provided an assortment of trailer trash for neighbors. The bigger the family, the worse they are.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 11:40:25 PM »

I bought my 1st house  a little over 2 and 1/2 years ago.  ... But late last year, one of the girls that lives there ... backed into my car as I was leaving for work.  Since then, they have been really rude to me ...She has an older brother who has this Mohawk thing on his head that he's let grow out so now I call him "Flock of Redneck" who has made some comments to me since then about why I called the police.... so now, anytime they can, they'll have music blaring at various points during the day ....

they also got mad at me feeding their cat as they don't take care of it and I'm a big cat person.  Their cat is really sweet and has taken to just living on my side deck area and they had the nerve to tell me they didn't appreciate me feeding their cat.     
Torgo, I can relate, in bizarrely different, yet relevant ways like my neighbor's cat having its kittens behind my shed and me finding homes for all of them, but anyway, you must release yourself from any feeling of "untowards" because it will perpetuate the situation.  Try to enjoy the summer, and your home, and if necessary, their Skynyrd.  Play your own music, no matter how corny, loud enough that you can hear it.  Remember, there are ordinances against noise, so, be considerate, but be direct, as you have been.  Karma and POWER to the people!   Smile 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Menard
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2007, 11:45:28 PM »

Torgo, I can relate, in bizarrely different, yet relevant ways like my neighbor's cat having its kittens behind my shed and me finding homes for all of them, but anyway, you must release yourself from any feeling of "untowards" because it will perpetuate the situation.  Try to enjoy the summer, and your home, and if necessary, their Skynyrd.  Play your own music, no matter how corny, loud enough that you can hear it.  Remember, there are ordinances against noise, so, be considerate, but be direct, as you have been.  Karma and POWER to the people!   Smile 

Naw...that's called suckass.

I much prefer the method called...kickass. TeddyR
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007, 12:07:54 AM »

Naw...that's called suckass.

I much prefer the method called...kickass. TeddyR
How many of your neighbors have you corrected, Menard?  One must choose to live amongst people or not.  I don't think it's "suckass."  "Kickass" my ass.   TeddyR

Menard
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

One must choose to live amongst people or not.

Or rule them.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 12:23:21 AM »

One must choose to live amongst people or not.

Or rule them.
You are such a badass!  You are so cool!    Lookingup BounceGiggle

Menard
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 12:41:16 AM »

TeddyR

Sarcasm will get you nowhere.

Unabashed flattery and grovelling will get you nowhere either, but feel free to do that all you want; it comes with the territory.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007, 12:51:31 AM »

Sarcasm will get you nowhere.

You don't believe me???  Question No, dear, that's not sarcasm.   TeddyR
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:56:18 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007, 05:46:41 AM »

Woodworking
Gardening
Reading
Running

LEGOs:

Paintball:

Converting Warhammer 40K figures:

(the green parts were made from scratch using two-part epoxy and wire)

Painting those same figures:

Playing the game:

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007, 06:08:46 AM »

Andrew-Your figures look very Gigeresque (Gigeresque?)....wellyou know what I mean....bio-mechanical. Cool!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007, 11:57:14 AM »

There are many people out there Menard who are like that (minus the flag). They are secret racist many times.  They are just plain "bad" people.

People generally hate my personality and my constitution.  These are worthless people. Just stay away from them till our numbers grow.  Smile

Menard, as a friend I wouldn't desire or advise you to abuse them in return even in joking, but don't give in to them either.  Thumbup

I'm usually quite when people abuse me personally until they start abusing someone else. Then I get involved.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 06:50:08 PM by Scott » Logged

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007, 12:41:41 PM »

Boy, it didn't take long for this post to go "South".  I've been to lots of places and they all have their version of the "Redneck".   Rednecks are usually quite obvious, it's the subtle ones you gotta look out for.

I had to quit having any contact with one of my best friends from childhood, because he was so bigoted towards African Americans and I didn't want that crap around my kids when they were growing up.  I actually like meeting and socializing with people from other cultures and backgrounds. It tends to give you a different perspective on the world.

Back to point of the thread, I collect a lot of Star Trek stuff (and no Menard, I don't wear a uniform to work).  I've never been to a convention (some of those people scare me). I also have a large collection of Science Fiction Magazines (Starlog, Twilight Zone, Science Fiction Age, and Asimov's).

I like to build plastic models. I'm doing mostly Star Trek and Star Wars right now, but I hope to start building some real space stuff in the future. I like painting them and designing lighting systems for them.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »

I had quite a miniatures collection years ago.

I was into science fiction and particularly where gaming was involved. I had a lot of Laserburn and Martian Metals miniatures (both 15mm scale), largely used for Traveller but I was using them for armies for Galacta (full disclosure: my name is in the credits of the game).

Alas, during a move the entire collection was lost.

Painting miniatures was not one of my favorite things, as I have never had the manual dexterity to do it justice. As the Laserburn and MM miniatures I was using for the game were largely powersuited characters, painting was relatively simple: I had a metallic base I had mixed; a dab here and there for eyegear and weapons; a light coating of india ink (it would spread out, due to being so thin, and highlight shadows, creases, etc.; and a matte finish.

Of course, the most helpful item was a strip of balsa wood to which many of them were glued, allowing me to paint lots of them at the same time and having the bases already attached when I was done.

A very good friend of mine, who largely got me into gaming, has a huge collection, with the largest part dedicated to John Carter of Mars (of which the majority are customized miniatures, and some even special castings made for him by miniatures companies). He even built a city out of Castillos which he would set up at conventions. But I never quite got into any subject as much as he did (wish I could figure out how he found the time to collect, customize, catalog, read so heavily, work for a living, raise a family, etc.)

I only have three miniatures collections at present, and very small at that. The largest is primarily plastic miniatures which I have collected from every source I could find for the Advanced Heroquest game. The others are lead and new-metal miniatures for Conan (my own collection, not from any specific line) and a post-apocalyptic theme (Dark Future has been so hard to come by).

The Conan miniatures are for the Conan RPG which TSR published in the early 80s. The post-apocalyptic miniatures are for FGU's Aftermath RPG.

All of the Advanced Heroquest stuff takes up its own trunk, and then some (I have bunches of floorplans from many games which work for a fantasy theme).

Have I bored you enough? TongueOut
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  So what are our hobbies (BESIDES B movies)???? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.