Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:01:54 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Which film series do you like most? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Which of these film series did you like most?
Harry Potter - 3 (12%)
Pirates of the Carribean - 1 (4%)
Lord of the Rings - 16 (64%)
Spiderman - 4 (16%)
X-Men - 1 (4%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Which film series do you like most?  (Read 10981 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: July 17, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »

Which of these film did you like the most? I liked the first Harry Potter film and the first Pirate Of The Carribean, and the last two Lord Of The Ring films. Haven't even watch a Spiderman film and only saw one of the X-Men films.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:33:13 PM by Scott » Logged

Torgo

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »

Lord of the Rings. 

particularly the extended cuts.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:27:50 PM »

LORD OF THE RINGS, beyond any doubt.  I waited my whole life for that movie series, and it was AWESOME!!! Now I can't wait for THE HOBBIT!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:44:28 PM »

Harry- Good, but the shift in directors kind of thows it off.

Pirates- I still have yet to see the third one, but I don't like how the last two films feel like they're one film sliced into two pieces.

Lord of the Rings- Just all around well made films.  The only problem is the rewatch value is a bit low for me, since I rarely have enough time to sit through a whole LotR movie.

Spider-Man- The first was great, but the other two kind of lacked.  The third one just had way too many villains.

X-men- Kind of a mixed bag.  The first one was okay, but it felt like it lacked an all around sense of direction.  The second one was great, but the third one was like a beautiful trainwreck.  You know, kind of like watching the movie adaptation of the anime X.
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 12:40:12 AM »

Out of those choices, I'll go with Harry Potter.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 06:45:22 AM »

Phantasm TeddyR

I really don't prefer any of the above franchises, Spider Man series was pretty good but didn't deserve the sheer hype it got. I'm afraid I'm not "in with the canon" enough to get Lord of the Rings. Harry Potter films usually have a fair amount of innocent fun, even in the darker ones (I've seen up to pt 4), but the actors really grind the nerves at times.

Pirates or X-Men was probably the best, both are out there enough to hold my attention and deliver likeable characters to keep the plot going.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:50:58 AM »

Out of all of those the only one I watched was X-men and I'm not a huge fan of it.  I've never say any of the LOTR films, mainly because I have trouble watch long films in One sitting.  I never got into HArry Potter so I never watched the films.  The other just don't have appeal to me at all.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 08:13:49 AM »

Lord of the Rings for me, I can watch those films over and over.  The battle of Helms Deep is one of the most spectacular things I've seen in recent memory.  Harry Potter I never really got into, I've watched a few when there's nothing else on and they're entertaining enough, but just not my cup of tea.  Saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean and it was surprisingly good.  Didn't care much for Spiderman and have no interest in those X-men movies.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 04:27:10 PM »

THE GODFATHER and JAMES BOND, but they aren't on the list, so I voted for SPIDER-MAN

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 05:01:24 PM »

I am not terribly big on blockbusters.  In my opinion, films should never cost more than a few thousand dollars to make.  Down the unions!  Thumbdown  TeddyR

I decided a few years back to keep my distance from anything Harry Potter, so I can't comment on those.  Nor have I seen any of the Pirates movies.  And actually, until reading this thread I didn't realize there were three of them.  Haha.

While Lord of the Rings is an amazing adaptation, I'm not a fan of the Tolkien series in the first place, so I didn't really enjoy the films.

Sifting through what's left, I voted for Spiderman because that's the closet thing to Evil Dead listed.

++josh;
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 05:48:11 PM »

I went with Spider Man.

In all honesty, I've never seen the Rings flicks, only saw the first Pirates, and only the first 3 Potter.

I've been a Spider Man fan my whole life, and felt as good as the first was, the second one was amazing.  Didn't see 3, but may pick up the dvd.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
TheFilmFiend
Dedicated Viewer

Uncerimonious rice pudding eater.

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 07:45:51 PM »

Out of the choices, I went with Lord of the Rings.

If I had more hours in the day, I'd watch the extended editions constantly.

The Film Fiend - Cinematic scribblings to stimulate your pineal gland.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 09:39:11 PM »

Love Lord of the Rings.

Only liked the 3rd instalment of Spiderman.  I still have trouble believing Toby Maguire as Spiderman.  He's too whiney for my tastes and he looks like he's 15 years old.  As for Mary Jane, she's weak and insipid and also too whiney.  And she's a bit of a slag bag jumping from one guy to the next.

I liked the Pirates movies.  Good old fashioned rollicking adventures.  Haven't seen at World's End yet, but looking forward to enjoying it.

After LOTR, I love the X-Men movies.  Can't wait for the next one, if they make any more.  I really hope Mystique gets her powers back.  It was shocking the way she lost them so quickly and the was abandoned by Magneto.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:02 PM »

Lord of the Rings for sure. It's the only one on the list I can honestly say maintained a high level of quality through all its movies. Each chapter was as good or better than the last. And it did justice to the books.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 08:33:05 AM »

(Warning: Post contains possible spoilers)

Lord of The Rings: I love all of them.  Yeah, they're long, but they're detailed and entertaining. 

Pirates:  One go around was enough for me and these films.  They just get dull after a while.

Spiderman:  I was disappointed with the third one. The studio got scared that people would feel cheated by them not putting Venom in it, and rushed him into the final battle, when he really should have gotten his own film. 

X-Men: again, the third one was a real let-down.  They turned what could have been a great ensemble cast of old and new mutants into the Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry show.  Everyone else becomes a throwaway character, Cyclops and Professor X are killed for little reason other than to give the above mentioned even more screen time, and a brewing rivalry between iceman and Pyro finally culminates in a lame "clashing beam" fight that lasts about 30 seconds.  They could have done so much better than this. 

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Which film series do you like most? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.