Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:17:02 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Jon Lovitz beats the crap out of Andy Dick (update 7-23-07) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Jon Lovitz beats the crap out of Andy Dick (update 7-23-07)  (Read 12938 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« on: July 18, 2007, 07:16:47 PM »

Go, Jon!

The New York Post says Jon Lovitz roughed up Andy Dick at the Laugh Factory in L.A. last week. Owner Jamie Masada said, “Jon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of Andy’s nose.”

Lovitz confirmed the altercation happened, adding, “All the comedians are glad I did it because this guy is a (bleep).”

Apparently Dick was the one who gave Brynn Hartman cocaine at a 1997 Christmas party after she had been sober for 10 years. Five months later she killed her husband, Phil Hartman, Lovitz’s “SNL” castmate and close friend, then herself.

MORE ...

UPDATE 7-23-2007
Lovitz Advises Dick To "Avoid Me Like the Plague"

Funnyman Jon Lovitz is deadly serious after urging former pal Andy Dick to "avoid me like the plague" after the two comics came to blows at a Hollywood comedy club last week. Rat Race star Lovitz attacked Dick after a show at his regular Wednesday night Laugh Factory stand-up performance when the bespectacled comic refused to apologize for once threatening his fellow comedian's life. Lovitz growls, "I was just waiting for him to say he was sorry, and he didn't. I lost my temper. If I see him again I would do the same thing." The two former friends fell out a decade ago when Lovitz accused Dick of re-addicting tragic comedian Phil Hartman's wife to cocaine - just months before she shot her husband. And then a year ago, Lovitz claims Dick threatened his life when they met at a restaurant. He recalls, "He looks at me and says, 'I put the Phil Hartman hex on you. You're the next one to die.' He threatened my life. Everybody's thanking me for beating him up... I think he should avoid me like the plague."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 11:40:13 PM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 09:20:15 PM »

Lovitz, I'll buy you a drink if we ever meet.   Cheers

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 10:28:02 PM »

Jon Lovitz is officially now my hero.  He got to do what pretty much any sane person in America would want to do to Andy Dick.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 10:38:57 PM »

Wild, Can't say I blame Lovits at all. Lovits was also on Newsradio after Phil died, and was rumored to have said it was one of the most painful things he had ever done. Andy Dick only made a good punching bag on that show, which I think is the extent of his talent.

Lovits and Hartman were in one episode together, Lovits played a patient at a mental institution where Hartman ended up. Together they made one of Newsradio's best episodes in that one. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 10:46:57 PM »

Every time I'm seen Mr. DICK on a show or at an event he has been exactly what his name implies. I've mused to myself when someone would knock the crap out of him, now I know. High Fives to Jon Lovitz, my hats off to you.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 10:29:23 AM »

Karma for Mr. Lovitz, for Mr. Flixz...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 09:30:36 PM »

I've always liked Jon Lovitz especially on The Critic.  If I met in person, I would shake his hand buy him a stake dinner and buy him a drink.

Andy Dick is very annoying.  I would have done the same thing to him myself.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2007, 12:19:16 AM »

Three cheers for Jay Sherman!
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007, 12:41:51 AM »

Jon Lovitz, you sir ROCK!!!.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Raffine

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2007, 12:21:06 PM »

Idea for a new E! Network reality show:

BEAT THAT DICK: Every week a special celebrity guest beats the crap out of Andy Dick.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Snivelly
Bad Movie Lover

....a heady mix of ignorance and enthusiasm.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 01:35:07 PM »

BEAT THAT DICK: Every week a special celebrity guest beats the crap out of Andy Dick.

I'd watch that show.  Maybe they could do a special where they take him to other parts of the world and get his ass beaten in famous places, like the Eiffel Tower, the pyramids of Giza, etc.....

Does anyone know if there's any video of this event?  I'm surprised it took this long for someone to stomp on Dick, but I'm glad it was Lovitz.  And yes, The Critic was a great show.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't the sport for you.
raj

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 03:56:30 PM »

That would be the one reality show I'd watch.  If that cocaine story is true, Andy Dick is utter scum and Jon Lovitz was way to easy on him.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »

I love it!  Especially since people tell me at work I look quite a bit like John Lovitz.  I didn't know what to think about that at first, but now that he's stepped up and became the one who finally gave Andy Dick what was coming to him, I wear that sentiment as a badge of honor.   TeddyR
Torgo

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 10:47:58 PM »

I'd buy that for a dollar!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 11:25:40 PM »

I've liked Lovitz for years.  SNL, The Critic, several movies.  He had every right to do it.  I liked NewsRadio, but couldn't say that Andy was my favorite part.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Jon Lovitz beats the crap out of Andy Dick (update 7-23-07) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.