Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:11:40 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Where Eagles Dare « previous next »
Poll
Question: What would you rate this film?
Best dang action flick ever - 2 (22.2%)
Good action film - 6 (66.7%)
average - 1 (11.1%)
not that good - 0 (0%)
it sucked - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where Eagles Dare  (Read 7126 times)
flackbait
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« on: July 20, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »

This is probably one of the most well known action films of all time. So,what do you think about it?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 06:06:47 PM »

I voted for "Good action film," but I think it's better than just "good."  It's more in the "very good / excellent" range.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 08:01:46 PM »

I really like this film and it is one of many on my wish list for DVDs to buy, but I only voted it as an "average" action film.  I don't really think of it as an "action" film.  Yes, it's a war movie and yes, there's action, but I think the movie works because of the drama and suspense (especially regarding Richard Burton's character).

This is probably one of the most well known action films of all time.

Surely you jest?  Or am I that out of the loop?  It is my opinion that this movie is one of the most underappreciated war films because it is so little known.

The man who wrote the novel this movie is based on, Alistair MacLean, also wrote the novels that "The Guns of Navarone (1961)", "Ice Station Zebra (1968)" and "Force 10 from Navarone (1978)" were based on (as well as many others).  All of these are good movies in their own right.  (I know, I know, I'm going to get flamed for "Force 10", but *I* like it.  TongueOut )

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
flackbait

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 08:32:43 PM »

I really like this film and it is one of many on my wish list for DVDs to buy, but I only voted it as an "average" action film.  I don't really think of it as an "action" film.  Yes, it's a war movie and yes, there's action, but I think the movie works because of the drama and suspense (especially regarding Richard Burton's character).

This is probably one of the most well known action films of all time.

Surely you jest?  Or am I that out of the loop?  It is my opinion that this movie is one of the most underappreciated war films because it is so little known.

The man who wrote the novel this movie is based on, Alistair MacLean, also wrote the novels that "The Guns of Navarone (1961)", "Ice Station Zebra (1968)" and "Force 10 from Navarone (1978)" were based on (as well as many others).  All of these are good movies in their own right.  (I know, I know, I'm going to get flamed for "Force 10", but *I* like it.  TongueOut )
Okay its one of the most well known for warbuffs. Also it depends on where your from. For example I hear in britain they show it every year around christmas time. 
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 03:18:11 PM »

I'm from sweden and I have never heard about it  Bluesad
Neville

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »

I voted for "Best dang action flick ever". It takes a while to reach into the all-out action section, but when it does, it's plain amazing. Almost like a dramatised version of one of those present-day WWII FPS games.

As for the rest of the film, it certainly is above average, but a bit slow moving. The plot twists are nevertheless a lot of fun, specially in that scene where Richard Burton confronts the nazi officers.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
flackbait

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 02:48:29 PM »

I'm from sweden and I have never heard about it  Bluesad
I highly recomend you track it down and watch it if your an action film fan. I would look it up on imdb before you lay down your hardearned money on it though(this film aint for everyone).
As for the rest of the film, it certainly is above average, but a bit slow moving. The plot twists are nevertheless a lot of fun, specially in that scene where Richard Burton confronts the nazi officers.
That was the funniest bit in the whole movie.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 02:55:59 PM »

I had to go with Best Dang Action Flick Ever (though it definitely isn't try DIE HARD or BULLITT or HEROIC TRIO or...) but this was my favorite film growing up.  First time I caught it might have been 1970 or so, on one of the network's "Saturday Night Movie" or somesuch.  I watched the whole thing recently on TCM and it was like catching up with an old friend; damn! 
I do like WHERE EAGLES DARE.   Thumbup karma flackbait

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2007, 03:17:33 PM »

I have checked Imbd, and I seams like a movie I should like. I will probably not fanatical go from store to store burning down the ones that don't have it, but if I run into accidentally in a store that haves it, I will buy it.
flackbait

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2007, 04:24:02 PM »

I do like WHERE EAGLES DARE.    karma flackbait
Thank you. I find it surprising that you hadn't seen it in 30 years and still remember it very well.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 10:40:18 PM »

Thank you. I find it surprising that you hadn't seen it in 30 years and still remember it very well.
I wrote the first time I'd seen it was about 1970 (which is closer to 40 years) but I've seen it since several times...hadn't seen it since the 1980s, so...it was like catching up with an old... Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
flackbait

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 12:50:39 PM »

I wrote the first time I'd seen it was about 1970 (which is closer to 40 years) but I've seen it since several times...hadn't seen it since the 1980s, so...it was like catching up with an old... Wink
Ahh, I missed the key word there, first.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Where Eagles Dare « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.