Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:26:01 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lucifer Complex (1978) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Lucifer Complex (1978)  (Read 8245 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: July 22, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »

THE LUCIFER COMPLEX (1978) This is a terrible movie that takes place in the future of 1986 starring Robert Vaughn as some kind of agent/special forces guy who is sent to check out an island off the coast of South America only to be shot down. After being shot down he is pursued and captured by Nazi types. Robert Vaughn is placed in a hospital and shown around the place by a brilliant doctor, but Vaughn isn't interested because they are some kind of Nazi operation. The doctor convinces him briefly that it is some kind of disorder from his WWII days. Then a girl breaks into his room with an axe to escape the hospital staff and mentions to Vaughn that they are all Nazi's. They escape the hospital and go to the consentration camp which houses a lot of women prisoners. You quickly realise that this is the set from HOGANS HEROE'S(1965-1971) and they even use Col. Klinks office, the towers, and prisoner barracks from the show just like ILSA, SHE WOLF OF THE S.S. (1975). Military weapon buff's will get a giant kick out of the battle during the prison break. The beginning starts out extremely boring with some guy on an island in the South Pacific with a "super computer" telling us how he can get info in a micro-second, yet he has to scan lot's of historical film images for some reason. I think what happened here is someone started a film with Robert Vaughn and didn't finish it and someone picked it up and added the stupid guy narration at the beginning and end of the film to complete the usual movie time length.

Thumbdown Thumbdown (3 out of 10 Stars) Bumped up to three stars because they used the Hogan's Heroe's movie set.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:56:25 PM by Scott » Logged

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:47:33 PM »

I watched this a few months ago (another Mill Creek 50 Movie Pack feature) and posted some comments here.  I agree.  This is a really bad flick.  An embarrassing situation for everyone involved.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 02:07:50 AM »

Spanish clones? What happenned to the Aryan Superman?
Couchtr26

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »

I also loved the whole 1940's era vehicles when it was supposed to be set in the 80's.  I had to laugh at the thought as though nothing changed between WW II and then. 

Ah, the good old days.
cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 03:15:03 PM »

Plus a WW 2 Sherman tank with a US white star on it, nice touch.
Couchtr26

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Plus a WW 2 Sherman tank with a US white star on it, nice touch.

Yeah, wasn't paying attention and quick scanned through it earlier.  Mostly, I remember the half tracks. 

Ah, the good old days.
cowofzot
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 05:36:27 PM »

Perhaps we could expand the thread to include other post WW 2 Nazi type flicks. Iron Sky etc.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Lucifer Complex (1978) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.