Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:40:00 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  can't figure out the name of this movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: can't figure out the name of this movie  (Read 7108 times)
retroman dc
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Dedicated Viewer

Owner of Lost Highway B-movie & Cult Film Reviews

« on: July 23, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »

Hey all,

Hey all b-movie fans, I'm new to the board and need your help.
I saw this movie when I was like 9 years old and can only remember a few key scenes in towards the end of the film. There's a group of people that go exploring in cave and the remaing survivor emerges from the came to find that no one on earth is left. He walks around the city and eventually goes to a bowling allie and this giant teethed creature eats him ending the movie! haha! sad as that is...that's all I can remember. Seemed like it was a late 70's horror film. It was on regular television, one of those afternoon movies on a Saturday. anyways let me know what you think it was and I'll do a review of it my b-movie site www.dchighway.com

thanks,
-Retroman DC

Retroman DC
owner of Lost Highway B-movie and Cult Film Reviews
www.dchighway.com
Menard
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:25:56 PM »

anyways let me know what you think it was and I'll do a review of it my b-movie site...

That doesn't make much sense.

You are going to do a review of a movie, yet you don't have a copy or know if you can obtain one?

Other than your site appearing to be real, is this a legit request?

There is a 'what was that film' forum on this board where you can ask questions like this.
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »

I went ahead and moved the topic.  This is Steve from Lost Highway.  I'm betting that his intent is to find out the name of the movie, then he will find a copy and review it.  I have felt the same way about a couple of films over the years.  Didn't know the name, but remembered the film and wanted to find out the name so that I could review it.

From what I know of it, I think that this is probably your movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078749/

I heard about it at some point and it has been on my wish list since then.  I don't think it has had a US release on DVD.  I'm uncertain about a European DVD release.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »

It still came off like a spam post. Perhaps Steve might want to work on that a little.

Perhaps I should review the post. TongueOut
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 04:33:24 PM »

Lost Silver has it for $15 and Midnight Video has the VHS for $20

retromandc
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 06:44:53 PM »

Awesome!! I think that has to movie from the plot description in IMDB. Very cool Andrew Thanks! I'd have to dig a VCR out of mothballs to watch it but might be worth it. thanks cheezflix for finding it for purchase! I'm amazed it's even on tape.

Sorry I didn't my posting to sound like a spam.  I got to keep working at my writing skills I guess hence why I write a b-movie blog to help me improve that. I'm a graphic designer by trade but my obsession with b-movies had to have a voice. Smile

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 07:22:47 PM »

Awesome!! I think that has to movie from the plot description in IMDB. Very cool Andrew Thanks! I'd have to dig a VCR out of mothballs to watch it but might be worth it. thanks cheezflix for finding it for purchase! I'm amazed it's even on tape.

Sorry I didn't my posting to sound like a spam.  I got to keep working at my writing skills I guess hence why I write a b-movie blog to help me improve that. I'm a graphic designer by trade but my obsession with b-movies had to have a voice. Smile

Lost Silver has it on DVDR for $15 I'm going to assume it's an legal copy since they have a store front web site.

nada
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:02:25 AM »

Great site btw.
retroman dc
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Dedicated Viewer

Owner of Lost Highway B-movie & Cult Film Reviews

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »

thanks for the compliments. I really enjoy not just watching a ton of b-movies but the whole creative writing process for them. Though I'm at a lost of which movie to watch this weekend as my Netflix queue got all screwed up. I was going to watch Monster Squad but it has a long wait time so I might go down to the video store *gasp* and actually rent it instead of waiting. I barely remember seeing it when I was young. Seemed like it was Goonies with goblins:)

Retroman DC
owner of Lost Highway B-movie and Cult Film Reviews
www.dchighway.com
RapscallionJones
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Grim & Frostbitten

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 01:07:10 PM »

Lost Silver has it on DVDR for $15 I'm going to assume it's an legal copy since they have a store front web site.
It's the Byrne Act, baby!

Visit the b-movie blog
http://www.cinema-suicide.com
The required Myspace profile
http://www.myspace.com/cinemasuicide
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  can't figure out the name of this movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.