Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:52:50 AM
714152 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A movie that's bad because it overexaggerates « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: A movie that's bad because it overexaggerates  (Read 11519 times)
Menard
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 08:11:27 PM »

It seems you totally miss the point.

I didn't miss any point. You're a moron; I got that on the first reading.
Menard
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 08:18:17 PM »

I don't mean to feed the troll, and I really don't mean to come off sounding like a troll myself, but I personally hated Red Dawn.

Maybe we need to hang up a sign for Wee Willy which reads Don't Feed the Troll. TeddyR

I am not defending or recommending the movie; I did not like it either. It is just that Wee Willy's reasoning is, as always, preposterous and nothing but baiting.

Apparently he does this, as someone mentioned, to get a hard-on. I would like to add that once he gets his hard-on, he probably finishes it off by giving himself oral gratification*.

*No kids, don't make me spell that out.
Menard
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 08:20:12 PM »

This is not an insult...and I'm not trying to be a wise ass...

Good...

...that's my job. TongueOut
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 09:15:39 PM »

QUOTE:  "cough* War of 1812, Mexican/American War, Spanish/American War *cough*"

I'm certainly  not taking up for WireWizard, but as a teacher of U S History, let me clarify here -

Only in the War of 1812 was the U S invaded.  The British sailed up the Potomac and burned Washington DC, then tried to sieze Baltimore but were turned back at Ft. McHenry (hello, Star-Spangled Banner!).  Then they tried to invade both New York and New Orleans in the last year of the war and were decisively defeated by Thomas MacDonough at the Battle of Plattsburg, and then by the far-better-known Andrew Jackson at New Orleans.

In the Mexican American War, there was an "incident" on the North bank of the Rio Grande - the territory ceded by Santa Anna after his capture at San Jacinto, but that cession was never recognized by the Mexican government.  Still, the Republic of Texas claimed the Rio Grande as the border, and when the U S annexed Texas 10 years later they inherited that claim and posted troops on the river for the sole purpose of provoking an incident.  As soon as there were shots fired, Pres. Polk got his declaration of war ("American blood has been shed on American soil by a foreign agressor" he said, although Congressman Abraham Lincoln of Illinois commented that the President of Mexico could have made the same claim with equal justice).  America then invaded Mexico, whipped Santa Anna's army at Buena Vista, and Gen. Winfield Scott led an amphibious invasion at Vera Cruz with 11,000 men, who then marched overland and siezed Mexico City.  THAT is how we got California, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Nevade into the Union. It was one of our least justified but best fought wars!

As far as the Spanish American War goes,  there were Zero incursions into U S territory.  The USS Maine blew up and sunk in Havana Bay, we declared war on Spain, whipped them in six months, and acquired a nice little empire for ourselves.  It lasted just long enough to make Teddy Roosevelt a national hero and set him on his path to the Presidency . . .

sorry, but it's summer and I miss lecturing!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Menard
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »

sorry, but it's summer and I miss lecturing!

We don't.
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 10:03:49 PM »

Hyperridiculous

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 11:38:21 PM »

I don't mean to feed the troll, and I really don't mean to come off sounding like a troll myself, but I personally hated Red Dawn.

I never cared for it either, I watched it one evening at a friend's insistance, only to have to watch it again in government class the next week, and was even quized on it. Basically I wasted my own time watching it, which enabled me to sleep through it in calss. I remember it being way boring, and way drawn out. Didn't like it, but not for the retarded reasons the OP tried to point out. . .

Also, I remember getting points docked for not spelling "Swazye" right (mis-spelled again, didn't I). I always knew my school was retarded, , , ,

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 12:18:12 PM »

WW- Why?...I know,YOU know,WE ALL know, that you do this because it gives you some kinda hard on. But what exactly is the nature of your perversion? This is not an insult...and I'm not trying to be a wise ass...I really am wondering about your motives. I post here because it's fun. I enjoy exchanging views and just general gabbing. You seem to enjoy abuse.Am I wrong?  Question

Aw c'mon, RCMerchant.  I like you and I like the rest of you.  I enjoy having these little debates and the bunch of you are the best debaters I have come across.  If you think my enjoyment of debates is a perversion, then you're free to think that.  It doesn't make me like you any less.  Yer clearly a very educated person RCMerchant.  I wouldn't doubt it if you had a Master's degree in some field.  You know I enjoy tearing apart movies for their flawed views of reality and you all tell me the reality flaws are mostly artistic licences.  Now, I'm having a backyard barbecue this weekend and yer all invited, drink provided of course.

[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 12:21:45 PM by WyreWizard » Logged

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2007, 01:17:19 PM »

Any film which greatly over exaggerates the weaknesses in the US military by any foreign power on Earth is in my view a bad film.

That's not debating, that's just proving that you are incapable of reviewing a film honestly. I suppose you don't like the Terminator or Alien movies because it depicts humans as being vulnerable? Setting up a bunch of straw-man arguements to try and drive your points home doesn't help, but rather makes it look as if you EXPECT a thrashing to ensue.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2007, 01:33:49 PM »

Any film which greatly over exaggerates the weaknesses in the US military by any foreign power on Earth is in my view a bad film.

That's not debating, that's just proving that you are incapable of reviewing a film honestly. I suppose you don't like the Terminator or Alien movies because it depicts humans as being vulnerable? Setting up a bunch of straw-man arguements to try and drive your points home doesn't help, but rather makes it look as if you EXPECT a thrashing to ensue.

Drink  Here ghouck, have a bottle of Quik and a package of twinkies on me.  No, I'm not giving reviews of films, I'm just stating my opinion of them.  If you've seen my movie posts before, you know I give my opinion of movies I like and ones I don't.  In all honestly, I have never seen a film without any reality errors.  I'm not just talking SciFi, horror, fantasy and comedy flicks.  I'm also talking about romances, mysteries, dramas and the like.

Anyways ghouck, your opinion is greatly appreciated  TeddyR  Feel free to take a slice or two of pepperoni pizza.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Raffine

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »

What are some movies you like?

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2007, 01:40:52 PM »

It seems you totally miss the point.

I didn't miss any point. You're a moron; I got that on the first reading.

I will not dignify that with a response.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »

No, I'm not giving reviews of films, I'm just stating my opinion of them.

You said you love to debate, , and I don't see how what you are doing can be considered debating. .

In all honestly, I have never seen a film without any reality errors.

So you must not like ANY movies, since reality errors seems to be a big hang-up for you. .

have a bottle of Quik and a package of twinkies on me
You actually eat that crap? weird. . .

Feel free to take a slice or two of pepperoni pizza
It's "taco day", and the tacos here are much better than the pizza.

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2007, 01:57:51 PM »

What are some movies you like?

Here have a Frankenstein Pez dispenser, a dozen Pez packets and a bottle of Coke to wash it all down.  Now I'll admit I don't watch a whole lot of movies since I am usually turned off to them by their trailers.  I don't go to the theaters very often.  Most times, I go to take a date there or my nephew and nieces.

But some movies I have liked:  Rosemary's Baby, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Dirty Harry, All Star Wars films, Bridges of Madison County, Minority Report, Logan's Run, Xanadu, Battle Beyond the Stars, just to name a few.

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2007, 02:04:12 PM »

You said you love to debate, , and I don't see how what you are doing can be considered debating. .

I apolgize for confusing you, but I hoped people would pick which points they wish to debate and they have done so with success in the past.

So you must not like ANY movies, since reality errors seems to be a big hang-up for you. .

I like a few films

You actually eat that crap? weird. . .

No, I just give stuff like that to the trick or treaters that knock on my door every year

It's "taco day", and the tacos here are much better than the pizza.

I take from that response yer probly from the Southwest.  I visited Santa Fe New Mexico once.  They had some of the best Tex-Mex I've ever tried.  So if its tacos you want, its tacos you get, crispy or soft-shelled
And some salsa and any drink of yer choice.  TeddyR

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A movie that's bad because it overexaggerates « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.