Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:18:43 PM
714345 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cult movie soundtracks « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Cult movie soundtracks  (Read 9202 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 07:54:17 PM »

^^ yeah, I thought it was, I didn't bother to check because I was sure I knew the name. I will just warn that further investigation into this guy's previous work is not really required because P>W>E>I were not very good, lol. strange how things pan out though, that band were fairly big in the uk for a while, last thing you would think is that some random guy like that would go into film soundtracks... for you U.S. guys this would be something like the equivalent of the bass player from 4-Non-Blondes suddenly doing the soundtrack to Kill Bill or something...maybe not quite like that  but similar. 

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2007, 09:19:20 AM »

Anything by this guy:

Of course, it could be argued his cult status was somewhat diminished when the United States Post Office issued a stamp in his honor.  TeddyR

Some of his lesser know works are among my favorites: HANGOVER SQUARE, WHITE WITCH DOCTOR, THE KENTUCKIAN, and THE NIGHT DIGGER.
Ozzymandias speaks: Many people have forgotten that he wrote the opening theme to Have Gun Will Travel and the first season theme to Twilight Zone. Twilight Zone switched to the more familiar theme in the second season and the opening theme for Have Gun Will Travel is overshadowed by the closing them that was added in the second season. The dramatic opening theme music by Hermman just says "Palidin is going to kick some ass."

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 04:18:55 PM »

I'm actually a fan of Pop Will Eat Itself's music. They were way ahead of their time IMO. 

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Jim H

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »

I like some of the stuff from Mean Guns.  I don't think much, if any, of it is original though.  Mambo, mambo!
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 01:29:25 PM »

"This is the Time... This is the Hour... This is...This."

"Hands Up
Vote Doctor Doom, it's the only choice...it's the only choice."

"Ich Bin Ein Auslander"

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Raffine

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 03:10:04 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Many people have forgotten that he wrote the opening theme to Have Gun Will Travel and the first season theme to Twilight Zone. Twilight Zone switched to the more familiar theme in the second season and the opening theme for Have Gun Will Travel is overshadowed by the closing them that was added in the second season. The dramatic opening theme music by Hermman just says "Palidin is going to kick some ass."

Raffine has listened!!!

There was a couple of great CDs released a couple of years ago of Herrmann's televison scores and 'stock music' suites, including the complete  Herrmann score for the pilot episode of HGWT. I'd never seen the series, but the "Herrmann Connection" was enough for me to get the first season on DVD. The TV western is definitely not one of my favorite genres, but I did enjoy that Paladin character. Cimarron Strip was another good thoughtful CBS western that's pretty much forgotten these days.

Herrmann also wrote a great deal of stock music for CBS television that cropped up in everything from Gunsmoke to Perry Mason to Lost in Space. If you've seen just about any CBS drama/sci-fi/western series from the 60s or 70s you've probably heard some of Benny's stock cues.   

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2007, 02:06:42 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Paladin was created by Sam Rolfe, who also created the Man From U.N.C.L.E. He was supposed to be a James Bond of the old West. This was based on the novels which didn't have the gadgets. Paladin made the TV Guide list of 100 Greatest TV Characters, because he is different than all the others at that time. He is well-educated, well-spoken, works for pay, city dwelling, non-law enforcement and wears black. Unusual for any Western hero.

BTW, the closing theme used later was written by a country singer (aptley named) Johnny Western. He watched the show and wrote the song for fun. He asked Rolfe and CBS if he could get permisson to use the show and character name. Rolfe and star Richard Boone liked it so we that it was adapted for the closing theme. Most people know it because of its inclusion on many TV theme albums and in the movie Stand By Me.

Flangepart

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 10:40:44 AM »

Ah,yes.
Cool character. Would love to have seen him team up with West and Gordon. Nice contrast!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cult movie soundtracks « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.