Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:06:07 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Spookies rules you idiots « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Spookies rules you idiots  (Read 13125 times)
SPOOKIES RULZ
« on: July 24, 2007, 11:30:31 PM »

Shocked, i found a review of Spookies on this site about bad movies. It really is a good B-movie and not nearly as bad as the webmaster mould infer. Who decides what movies are bad? Him? Moreover....i'd like to know what he thinks are "good movies". Granted, when you enjoy The Piano and The English Patient as possibly this toff does then you are not going to get much enjoyment out of Spookies.
One more point. I am a 24 year old who watched Spookies religiously as a child. The storyline is in fact very easy to follow and was back then, so as to his claims that the movie is hard to follow i think places a rather large shadow over the intelligence of this man. Did he even really watch the movie or just write what he saw on the screen? Oh yeh farting zombies, check, exploding reaper thats dumb, check, rubber burial chamber thats dumb, check. Well....im sticking up for Spookies. The fact you named the site bad movies shows you are just not prepared to be objective anyway....look buddy everyone can watch movies woo hoo youre real talented....do us all a favour and stop reviewing them. Spookies rules haha!
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 12:05:38 AM »

If you paid a little stricter attention to the site, or even the Spookies review, you'd see we adore bad movies.  This is a place to draw attention to the detriment of film, awarding the titles the viewership and discourse they so rightly deserve.  How could Spookies be anything but a bad movie?  I don't remember seeing any of the Hollywood A-list involved in the project, nor do I recall Oprah promoting its theatrical release.  TeddyR

Now, Andrew also gave C.H.U.D. 2 slimes, which is blasphemous!  But he's only human and the odd mistake isn't so inappropriate.  Haha.

++josh;
Menard
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:24:41 AM »

Shocked, i found a review of Spookies on this site about bad movies. It really is a good B-movie and not nearly as bad as the webmaster mould infer. Who decides what movies are bad? Him? Moreover....i'd like to know what he thinks are "good movies". Granted, when you enjoy The Piano and The English Patient as possibly this toff does then you are not going to get much enjoyment out of Spookies.
One more point. I am a 24 year old who watched Spookies religiously as a child. The storyline is in fact very easy to follow and was back then, so as to his claims that the movie is hard to follow i think places a rather large shadow over the intelligence of this man. Did he even really watch the movie or just write what he saw on the screen? Oh yeh farting zombies, check, exploding reaper thats dumb, check, rubber burial chamber thats dumb, check. Well....im sticking up for Spookies. The fact you named the site bad movies shows you are just not prepared to be objective anyway....look buddy everyone can watch movies woo hoo youre real talented....do us all a favour and stop reviewing them. Spookies rules haha!

Quite frankly, troll, having been raised on this movie certainly shows as your attempt (and failed at that) at writing is just as hard to follow as the movie.

I would tell you to buckle down and improve on your writing skills (dear god, I hope you don't speak like that) while you are in college, but I find it difficult to imagine you having made it out of high school.

Now with regard to your questioning of the intelligence of the reviewer...
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 10:43:07 AM »

Ah, it has been a little while since I have heard from a certified Internet moron.  Good to see that the species is not completely extinct.

What I need to say has already been said:  your post barely qualifies as English and you obviously did not read the review, let alone understand the site.

Now with regard to your questioning of the intelligence of the reviewer...

The reviewer is definitely a dumb Marine.  It is surprising that he is capable of anything besides eating and hurting people that annoy him.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 11:13:25 AM »

Oh yeh farting zombies, check, exploding reaper thats dumb, check, rubber burial chamber thats dumb, check.

You're a complete mental inferior...check...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Menard
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 11:20:51 AM »

Ah, it has been a little while since I have heard from a certified Internet moron.  Good to see that the species is not completely extinct.

And you get after me for lobbing insults. Lookingup

Don't worry, I'll follow your example.

The reviewer is definitely a dumb Marine.  It is surprising that he is capable of anything besides eating and hurting people that annoy him.

While I am considering, and laughing on the inside, all of the potential responses I could make to that, I can't help but comment that it is probably not that prudent to offer free ammo to someone shooting at you.

That aside, feel free to provide me with all the ammo you wish; I promise to take full advantage of it.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 11:31:34 AM »

Oh come now, WyreWizard was not calling you an idiot (he does avoid being insulting to other board members) and I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing when he makes a controversial post.  Besides, he seems to put some time and thought into what he posts and does not seem to be malicious.  This was just a random Internet troll who wanted to be insulting and put no thought or effort into it.

I don't think I have ever claimed to be anything more than a Marine with a public education.  The only "certification" I possess for writing about b-movies is that I do love them dearly and try to approach writing about them as an opportunity to share what I have seen with other fans.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 12:04:32 PM »

Oh come now, WyreWizard was not calling you an idiot (he does avoid being insulting to other board members) and I am pretty sure he knows what he is doing when he makes a controversial post.  Besides, he seems to put some time and thought into what he posts and does not seem to be malicious.  This was just a random Internet troll who wanted to be insulting and put no thought or effort into it.

I don't think I have ever claimed to be anything more than a Marine with a public education.  The only "certification" I possess for writing about b-movies is that I do love them dearly and try to approach writing about them as an opportunity to share what I have seen with other fans.

I don't go around randomly insulting insulting people on the board (even if it seems like it at times).

My memory of Wee Willy will always be this, which will always define WW in my mind as a piece of tripesh*t who doesn't deserve any dignity.

I don't hate him, nor do I give a damn about him. If he wants to bait this board, I'll be happy to bait him right back.

I took extreme measures not to be insulting to TOA that one time, and that piece of sh*t took extreme measures to be nothing but insulting to me.

I don't like those like Wee Willy and TOA who look upon people as their entertainment value to them, and nothing more.

Did Wee Willy insult me?

Of course not, not even close; though I thought his comment about not even dignifying a remark I made was a little hypocritical, but that's not anything.

Ehhh...I lost my train of thought; nothing unique for me. TongueOut

Kooshmeister
The King of Koosh!
Bad Movie Lover

Must have caffeine...

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »

I just have one question: farting zombies? What is he talking about?! Is he insane?
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 04:31:41 PM »

Insanity is a movie that doesn't feature farting zombies!  Just think how Citizen Kane or Gone with the Wind would have turned out without their gaseous undead scenes!

Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 04:41:41 PM »

I just have one question: farting zombies? What is he talking about?! Is he insane?

That's a pretty accurate description of one batch of monsters that pop out of the cellar's floor.  Flatulent zombies indeed.

I don't go around randomly insulting insulting people on the board (even if it seems like it at times).

My memory of Wee Willy will always be this, which will always define WW in my mind as a piece of tripesh*t who doesn't deserve any dignity.

I don't hate him, nor do I give a damn about him. If he wants to bait this board, I'll be happy to bait him right back.

No, I don't believe you casually throw around insults.  I do think you are, as my mom calls some, "ornery."  In reference to that post, I always took it as so silly that it was an invented set of stories.

It's actually a good thing that WyreWizard posts what he does and everyone doesn't respond with nothing more than insults.  What his posts often incite is people laying out their arguments for the opposing (prevalent) viewpoint.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 09:34:57 PM »

I do think you are, as my mom calls some, "ornery."

Don't hold back; I'm worse than that.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 02:11:59 AM »

BounceGiggle You don't want to hear what my mom calls me sometimes!  BounceGiggle

That was a great review, Andrew, thanks.

Just one thing, I've never seen the film Spookies but in the images on the review page, there is a picture of someone who looks like a bargain-basement Angus Scrimm.

Is it him? I hope not.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 04:50:44 AM »

Just one thing, I've never seen the film Spookies but in the images on the review page, there is a picture of someone who looks like a bargain-basement Angus Scrimm.

Is it him? I hope not.  Buggedout

Fear not, that was just Imitation of Scrimm.  The Tall Man's integrity is still more or less intact.  TeddyR

++josh;
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 05:57:16 AM »

Smile Thanks, Dodging.  Smile

Boyyyyyyy.............. was that a relief!  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  Spookies rules you idiots « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.