Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:19:01 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tourist Trap (1979) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tourist Trap (1979)  (Read 5306 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: July 20, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »

I was very impressed by this late 70's horror flick.  While the acting is generally sub par, with the exception of mr chuck connors as the owner of said trap,  and the music kind of corny,  the story remains strong throughout.  The two films that come to mind are "axe" and "texas chainsaw massacre".  My guess is this played at drive ins as there is very little gore or nudity.  But it's very effective.

Whenever I see movies set in the south I always look for a southern political subtext.  there seems to be a consistent anti authority, anti goverment strain running through alot of these films.  As a committed libertarian  I can relate.  So stuff like "Dixie Dynamite"  is right up my alley even though I'm from Boston and have never ridden a horse.

In this case though,  the big city folks are the victims ,  though the inspiration for the people stalking them is the fact that the federal government built a highway near them and ruined their wax museum's business.   So start a convenience store or something buddy.  better yet, move.  some people don't see it that way.

Definately a diamond in the rough.    The trailers for the other movies put our by this company looked much less promising.  Troma type fake "b movies". 

highly recommended  Thumbup
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 07:47:51 PM »

I first saw TOURIST TRAP on Showtime back in about 1981. One of the best horror movies of the '70! For another  cool -Chuck as a nut- movie,try the MAD BOMBER! (and it has Neville (EATEN ALIVE) Brandt in it too!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 07:49:39 PM »

I still need to see this one.  I kept catching bits and pieces of it on USA when they showed it a few times back when they had Saturday Nightmares.  I never did finish the film, but not for lack of interest. 
Kroogur
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 08:03:27 PM »

This is a great movie! I saw it in the early '80s and i rent it now and again it was creepy then and it still holds up well after all these years definately a bad movie must see Thumbup TeddyR
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 08:22:02 AM »

just goes to show,  budget and time passing and whatnot don't matter if you have a good story.
Dr. Zoidberg
New Visitor

The Crustacean Doctor

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 12:39:33 AM »

hey whats up. Im new here. I hope to have a lotta fun TeddyR

anyway, Tourist Trap is a cool movie. I got the dvd last christmas.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 12:48:34 AM »

Welcome to the forum De Zoidberg.

First things, First ...
Avatars must be 100 by 100 pixels or less and 30 KB or less in file size.

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Tourist Trap (1979) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.