Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:52:33 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funny thing in movies that I can't seem to find. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Funny thing in movies that I can't seem to find.  (Read 8455 times)
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 10:56:02 AM »

Well, the alien-hunting crazies in Spaced Invaders did something like that in one scene, as noted in our esteemed moderator's review of that movie:

--53 mins - Humans: 1, Martians: 0, Cats: -1

I also recall a Saturday Night Live Skit where a table full of mobsters were dumping on each other in various ways; the guy on the lowest end of the pecking order, since he can't dump on anyone else, first throws his fork at a cat offscreen, and then pulls his pistol and fires at it.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:09:07 AM by Inyarear » Logged
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2007, 05:28:20 PM »

Ya want cat yowles?
MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL!
More cat abuse then any other flick.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
peter johnson

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 01:29:34 AM »

Aw, shoot -- everyone named the ones I would've named . . .
I guess it's sort of on-topic, but the first use of a HUMAN scream that appears to start onscreen, but morphs into that of the air-brakes of a bus pulling up in the next scene, something we've seen alot since then, was Val Lewton's "Cat People"(1931).
Marty Feldman used the gag often in his "Marty Feldman's Comedy Machine" TV show in the late '60's, so maybe that's what inspired Mel to use it in Young Frankenstein -- I really don't know . . .
peter huh?/denny cat scream

I have no idea what this means.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 11:15:36 AM »

Lol, seems like it's everywhere, or at least everywhere I'm interested. I watch alot of Mel Brooks, Monty Python, and catoons. I have never watched duckman though, I'll have to check it out. Funny how, as one person said, they do it almost every episode. Just like on MXC, there's ALWAYS someone with the name "Bobaganush". Sealab 2021, one of my favortie cartoons, does that alot: Takes a line of an object that is part of one episode, and cram it in somewhere else, weather it fits or not.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 01:48:13 AM »

It kind of happens in the Steve Martin comedy The Man With Two Brains.  Dr. Steve is performing brain surgery on some schmoe, and then says "will someone get that cat out of here!", which is followed by cat screeching.

"Scalpel... Forceps... Retractors... Get that cat out of here..."

"Mreow!"
Automan2000
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 03:38:10 AM »

It was used in Orgazmo when Chodaboy fired the cock-rocket.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 11:31:54 AM »

This actually happens twice in "Underdog," which I actually liked more than I thought I would

There is one instance earlier in the film, than there is this one.

Underdog and Polly Purebreed go on a dinner date at the top of this building, and they are eating spaghetti, ala Lady and the Tramp, and they are down to the last meatball, and it is "You eat it." "No, you eat it." "No, you eat it." And somewere between "No, you eat it" and "No, you eat it," the meatball rolls off the plate, falls off the building, and hits the ground. And you hear this cat yowl, as the meatball hits it.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 02:59:52 PM »

I heard it in Mr. and Mrs. Smith also .  .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Funny thing in movies that I can't seem to find. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.