Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:53:15 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  1-18-08 (Cloverfield) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1-18-08 (Cloverfield)  (Read 7165 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: July 26, 2007, 09:27:22 AM »

Not sure where this post should go, so admins - move as you see fit.

So, JJ Abrams is doing a new film as well as the new Star Trek film.  Apparently people online have been freaking out about this thing for a while now, but I hadn't heard about it until last night when I caught the trailer.  I was completely floored.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/hd/

The trailer shows the style of the film.  The film is apparently being filmed with regular hand held cameras.  It starts with a large group of people at a party in a large city.  The camea person makes their way to the roof after a blackout only to see a huge explosion on the other side of the city.  Everyone starts freaking out as debris begins to destroy their building.  They make it to the street as more and more destruction begins.  It ends with the message: "In Theaters 1-18-08".  No title, nothing.

This thing has me more excited than any other film this year.  Apparently it will be shot completely on consumer cameras sort of like Blair Witch.  Some have speculated that it will be a new Godzilla film or even a version of the classic Rampage video game.  I'm sort of wondering if it isn't maybe the American remake of The Host.

So, anyone have any idea what's going on with this one?  Any news/information?  This thing looks completely awesome and I hope that JJ lets some information out at ComiCon this week.

Also, the official website is here:

http://www.1-18-08.com/

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 09:37:52 AM »

The POV of the story looks interesting (a giant monster movie see through the eyes of average joes that live in the city being attacked)...however, I hate "shaky, hand held camera-vison".  It's not that I get nauseated by shaky cameras.  I just don't like movies that are shot using this device.  (see: Blair Witch).

I might skip this one because of the shaky-cam.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Pilgermann

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:05:07 PM »

Supposedly this movie might be called Monstrous.  There're some really crappy photographs of it at the link below:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=22579

I really hope that the entire thing isn't shot like a home movie.  :(

Pilgermann

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 12:07:35 PM »

Oh, here're some better pictures:

http://www.cloverfieldnews.com/

akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 03:32:00 PM »

I might skip this one because of the shaky-cam.

Likewise.  I loathe shaky cam.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  1-18-08 (Cloverfield) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.