Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:26:16 PM
714192 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Korean creature feature called HOST « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A Korean creature feature called HOST  (Read 11552 times)
TheFilmFiend
Dedicated Viewer

Uncerimonious rice pudding eater.

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 05:33:04 PM »

There's been a ton of great cinema coming out of Korea over the last few years.

A Tale of Two Sisters, Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, R-Point are some that I've seen that are great.  (Well, R-Point is merely really good, but I still thought it deserves a recommendation). 

Save the Green Planet is another good one.

Agreed.

Thumbup

The Film Fiend - Cinematic scribblings to stimulate your pineal gland.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 08:03:44 PM »

I should hopefully be getting a chance to check out Save the Green Planet soon.

I've read a lot about it and the premise sounds extremely warped and interesting. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »

Save The Green Planet is a hell of a fun one.  I happened upon it by chance, and was completely blown away.  It has an extremely strange sense of humor that fits the film perfectly.

I highly recommend it.   Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Jim H

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2007, 01:05:26 PM »

The Host was OK.  Some good creature moments, especially the opening, and I like the slacker father character.  The film has waaaaay too much going on, and the plot threads feel stretched far beyond the breaking point though.  And I just didn't care about a lot of the side stuff, like the American military and some of the melodrama.  The ending was also ridiculous. 

Overall, I liked it, but not much.

The dubbing was BAD!!!!

Ya know, there is a very simple solution to that problem. 
peter johnson

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 01:19:05 AM »

To me, the bad dubbing added a comedic level to the picture that I quite enjoyed --
Really, REALLY loved the opening sequence with the monster, where at first the people are feeding it like a duck in a park pond, and then it swims away from the crowd, and then much much further down the shore, you suddenly realize that it's come ashore and is now EATING PEOPLE!!!  RUNNN!!! -- now, that was brilliant.
In general, thought it was much too long, but perhaps in Korea the audiences really love drawn-out sorrow that way. 
The young girl is definitely dead at the end -- sorry . . .
Now, I despite the length, I also really really loved the final poignant scene at the very end, wherein the young orphan/beggar boy and the brain-damaged father are the only ones left:  Crippled and damaged humanity, alone together in that isolated food-vending trailer, isolated in that vacant field near the shore, as the snow comes down, yet vigilant for another monster . . . LIKE KIM IL SUNG!!!!
peter allegory/denny gojira

I have no idea what this means.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 07:19:34 PM »

A really decent mopnster movie.  It's a shame tha Americans arn't interested in good monster movies anymore.  The horror movies are all torture flicks or re-makes of Japanese ghost stories.

I also liked how the monster showed up early and in broad daylight.  The movie was saying "Yeah, we got a monster-and we're not afraid to show it"

I hope we see more new monster movies soon.  I have hopes for "Cloverfield"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:31:03 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 07:27:13 PM »

I read an article in Fangoria where the director of the film was interviewed.  He was saying that in all of these monster flicks, you wait for over half of the film to see the creature.  He didn't want that.  He wanted the viewer to get a look at the creature from the beginning.  I love that even though the creature is featured quite prominently early in the film, you don't get a really good look at it until way into the film.  I think it adds a ton more mystery and anticipation when done like that.  You get to see just enough of the creature to get curious but not enough to ruin of the rest of the flick. 

I really think that The Orphanage did an awesome job with the creature CGI.  It's not only a huge, menacing creature but also graceful in all of it's movements.  It's certainly one of the best monsters in modern film. 

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Neville

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2007, 02:57:24 PM »

Try Youtube, it's probaby there already.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Korean creature feature called HOST « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.