Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:36:49 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Zombie Movies  (Read 6806 times)
David B
« on: February 21, 2002, 09:33:13 PM »

Just visited the website for the first time and I have to say I'm impressed!
However, some zombie movies appear to have gone unwatched as yet.
Check these out if you dare...

"Children of the living dead" - Tom Savini revisits the Night of the Living Dead many years later. Truely offensive!

"Chopper Chicks in Zombie Town" - Title = plot. Great zombie sung theme tune, 'We go marching into town, to have some fun and fool around!' The highjinks reach bizarre new levels when a bus load of blind kids show up weilding machine guns. Awesome!

"Raiders of the Living Dead" - I still have no idea what this was about. There seems to be 10 minutes of a completely different film showing at the start. Then zombies turn up and a kid makes a lazer gun out of his lazer disk player and goes on the rampage. In a league of it's own!

See them at your peril !
systemcr4sh
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2002, 09:44:51 PM »

I want to see chopper chicks, But the store that has it has the  cut r-rated pussified version, which I don't want to even bother with.
J.R.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2002, 10:00:14 PM »

Another is "City Of The Living Dead", a really cool zombie flick from the kings of the genre, Italians. They gave us so many great horror flicks and pizza. How can we ever repay them?
David B
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2002, 10:09:40 PM »

I've just thought of another! How could I forget...
"Zombie: Flesh Eaters" - Lucio Fulchi's gore fest that tried to steal Romero's thunder. No dice - but I'd say it had better zombies than Dawn of the Dead.
How about those final words from the newsreader over the radio, "..I've just had a report that zombies have entered the building; they're at the door; they're coming in IEEEEEEE!!!!"

It was rereleased in the UK on video claiming to be uncut. But that turned out ot be a lie - they'd taken all the gore out and left just plot. What was the point of that then?
chris
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2002, 12:52:50 AM »

Just bought Hell of the Living Dead.  Amazingly awful, but thourghly enjoyable.  Rips off just about evey zombie flick in exsitance, mainly Dawn of the Dead, and has more jungle stock footage than you can shake a stick at, but your jaw will hit the floor with some of it's incredibly inept scenes.  Gory and fun as hell, of the living dead.

However, if your looking for a good zombie flick, Cemetery Man should fit the bill nicely.
J.R.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2002, 01:06:37 AM »

I love Cemetary Man. One of the rare films that shows a gore pic doesn't have to be stupid or cheap-looking.
Lee
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2002, 10:33:56 AM »

Cemetery Man Rocks!!!!! You're never sure where the movie goes because it is all over the place! I love it! Also visually amazing!
StatCat
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2002, 07:05:38 PM »

Cemetery man isn't too heavy on focus to zombies a lot of times but it's still a great movie Probably Michele  Soavi's best followed by his first movie stage fright. I've heard the dellamorte Dellamore laserdisc has five extra minutes but I'm no sure if it's true. I have both versions on tape I'll have to check someday when I watch it again.

Hell of the Living Dead even uses music by Goblin from Dawn of he Dead to mention. Bruno Mattei's movies are really shamefully bad but enjoyable in a way. I bought rats and hell of the living dead so I guess I could be considereda  fan of his wretched films. He also directed Zombi 3 with Fulci (he had to leave eary because he was sick so Mattei took charage) Zombi 3 it's a lot better than Hell of the Living Dead I wish that zombi 3 would get a US release for people could be exposed to the wonders of a flying zombie head in a refridgerator .

Chopper Chicks in Zombie town I was dissapointed with besdies the fact of how many decapitations are featured in this movie.

Children of the living dead and raiders of the living dead are a waste of time really.

Zombie just was just rereleased by anchor bay so you should be able to find it if you're  looking for the dvd.
Chris K.
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2002, 08:32:53 PM »

As with classic (yes, I said CLASSIC) zombie flicks like NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD, LET SLEEPING CORPSES LIE, ZOMBIE, DAWN OF THE DEAD, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE BEYOND, DAY OF THE DEAD, and HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY we enter the new zombie film: comedy. Therefore, I still have to say the best zombie movie I have seen would be Peter Jackson's BRAINDEAD.

It's good in a good way and by God we need the 107 uncut version available.
StatCat
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2002, 01:06:58 PM »

Anyone here ever hear of Premutos: the fallen angel? It's a zombie film from Germany with an extreme amount of violence like braindead but I think it might possibly be even gorier. The whole last 30 minutes are zombie carnage straight through. I saw that alternative cinema (I think it was them) is going to finally release it this summer with the original german language track and subtitles, and a dubbed english track which is great because this movie never had subtitles at all. Also the documentery on the making of the film will be included. I think they are titling it Lord of the Dead for it's dvd release.
Howie D
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2002, 01:52:30 AM »

If your looking for the flick Braindead, and not the US version Dead Alive, goto blackestheart.com  They sell the true Peter Jackson Classic, which is the only true uncut version.  It's available on VHS copied from Japanese Laserdisc, and yes it includes the full corpse copulation sceene, as well as keeping the sceenes in the correct order.  The movie flows so much more elegantly than the cut to hell (even though it says unrated on the back cover) Dead Alive.
Bicuitrocious
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2002, 10:36:24 AM »

Fulci... BOOOOOO. Sure, I love zombie movies, but what makes them great is that we usually have at least ONE character to sympathize with or be interested in.
Romero always provides a personable character to identify with, and we want to see them succeed. Both of the Fulci ZOMBI movies I've watched have been okay (effects and make-up wise, with good action), but I was always waiting for all the characters to get whacked and devoured.

For a good zombie movie with a somewhat slow start, find Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (reviewed on this site.) It was pretty damn good, and the characters all had personalities... go figure. my illustrator and I saw a trailer for this on Brotherhood of Death (a GEM of the blaxploitation era...) and we had to find it.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Zombie Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.