Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:18:02 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT teaser!!!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT teaser!!!!!  (Read 6397 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: July 29, 2007, 01:50:27 PM »

Still dont know how I feel about Ledger as the Joker....

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf09jf0O1X8
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:56:34 PM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 02:57:54 PM »

I think that may have been the most pointless teaser I've ever seen... then again, if I didn't have the internet and forgot the little playing card nod at the end of Batman Begins, it might have mattered to me... am I too cynical?

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 04:20:23 PM »

I think that may have been the most pointless teaser I've ever seen... then again, if I didn't have the internet and forgot the little playing card nod at the end of Batman Begins, it might have mattered to me... am I too cynical?

Nope...matter of fact you're dead on.  I'm looking forward to the rebirth of the Joker but Heath Ledger...hmmmm. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 05:09:06 AM »

Wow! That got me all geared up! I MUST SEE IT!
(drip  drip  drip  drip) <-------the sound of sarcasm.  Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:29:04 AM »

Hmmmm . . .  that's not enough for me to pass judgement one way or the other.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 01:36:11 PM »

Well, I actually think it does it's job quite well.  It is a teaser after all.  Most teasers don't show footage from the film and I do love the little bit of dialog from the joker at the end.  I'm still not sure what I think about Ledger being the joker, but I do seriously want to see this flick.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 04:35:31 PM »

That's the irritating part though. They can use dialog from the movie, that's fine, but they can't give us any images to go along with it? They can't even give us that shot of the Joker that's already been whoring itself all over the internet since it was released? And despite how anyone may feel about Ledger as the Joker (truth be told I have at least some faith that it could work), it sounds more like he's just doing a bad Jack Nicholson impression from what we hear in the teaser.... a really bad Jack Nicholson impression. I still have hope that the movie will be good, but between the teaser and that "bat pod" thing we've seen, there hasn't been a lot to back up that hope...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
KYGOTC

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 05:01:51 PM »

it sounds more like he's just doing a bad Jack Nicholson impression from what we hear in the teaser.... a really bad Jack Nicholson impression. I still have hope that the movie will be good, but between the teaser and that "bat pod" thing we've seen, there hasn't been a lot to back up that hope...

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking!! I think they should've had Ledger read some of the comics and watch the tv shows so that he would have more to base his acting on then just J.N., which personaly, i didnt really think HE was the best choice for Joker either. And what this "Bat pod" thing?

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 06:38:47 PM »

it sounds more like he's just doing a bad Jack Nicholson impression from what we hear in the teaser.... a really bad Jack Nicholson impression. I still have hope that the movie will be good, but between the teaser and that "bat pod" thing we've seen, there hasn't been a lot to back up that hope...

Thats EXACTLY what I was thinking!! I think they should've had Ledger read some of the comics and watch the tv shows so that he would have more to base his acting on then just J.N., which personaly, i didnt really think HE was the best choice for Joker either. And what this "Bat pod" thing?

With the exception of being old and fat and bald, I had no problem with Nicholson's portrayal of the Joker. I think he made the Clown Prince of Crime every bit as psychotic and depraved as he should be, especially if you're thinking circa The Killing Joke. I haven't seen enough of Ledger as the character to say whether he'll be good or bad, I just don't like the idea of Ledger trying to imitate Nicholson rather than doing his own take on the character.

As for the Bat Pod, that's what the new Bat ATV thing is being referred to as. Someone posted a link to the image in recent months. It kinda reminds me of one of the bikes from Tron, only with big ass tires like those on the Bat Hummer in Batman Begins... oh, and without all the neon tubing... as this isn't another Joel Schumacher Bat movie after all...

KYGOTC

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 01:34:18 PM »

Here's some tipical leaked blurry photos.

Jim H

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »

They did make Ledger read some comics, I specifically remember the Killing Joke being one of them.

Edit to add: I don't see how you can say from this little bit he's riffing on Nicholson.  I just watched a couple scenes from the original Batman flick (and I've seen the entire film recently), and I just don't see it. 

Small | Large

Here's Nicholson.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 02:32:18 PM by Jim H » Logged
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »

Edit to add: I don't see how you can say from this little bit he's riffing on Nicholson.  I just watched a couple scenes from the original Batman flick (and I've seen the entire film recently), and I just don't see it. 

I don't know if his entire act is similar to Nicholson, I just said that his voice in the teaser sounds much like every bad Nicholson Joker impression I've ever heard. I am curious to see what the rest of his act looks like though.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT teaser!!!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.