Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:10 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The F-Word « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you use the F-Word?
Every day - 16 (66.7%)
A few times a week - 5 (20.8%)
A couple times per month - 1 (4.2%)
A few times per year - 1 (4.2%)
Once a year - 0 (0%)
I never use the F-Word - 1 (4.2%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The F-Word  (Read 10967 times)
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 08:53:20 PM »

I don't normally use profanity, even at work, I find that I tend to say the same thing all the time, lately its been "Now that can't be good", use the words "douche-baggery" to describe some of our customers more outrageous requests, picked that up here by the way, but as I tend to say the same thing no matter where I am, using profanity would get me in trouble. One benefit of this rare usage of profanity is that when I do use it people know I'm really angry and should not be fooled with. In the 36+ years I've shared with Poogie I've heard her use the "F" word 3 times, each time I took it as a signal to me to be real quite and sneak out of the house, when she's that upset, she could make Godzilla cringe.
Once a guy who was upset with me about something started in with "YOU MOTHERF***ER", I replied "that's right, I am." Got a blank look from him then I said "I'm married, we have kids, think about it."   

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 10:02:34 PM »

Sorry, I was in the process of making my post more pretentious just as you quoted it.  Haha.  Thanks, though.  TeddyR
Not pretentious at all, pedantic f*ck...oop, there I go again!  TeddyR  I was wondering where skaboi got the quote!   Smile

Hahaha.
Cheers

You know, one thing that just came to mind:  John Waters mentions frequently how fascinated he is with the Japanese cut of Pink Flamingos, particularly the fuzzy orbs placed over genitalia.  To him it makes the film even filthier.

While it's true I'll work John Waters and/or dinosaurs into any topic I can, there was a point:  Language doesn't offend me in the slightest, spoken or written, but I do have more of a reaction to *ed words than explicitly spelled out ones.  Then again, as a Kurt Vonnegut fan, I will always associate an * with his doodle of an a***ole.  Haha.

++josh;
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 10:10:48 PM »

Then again, as a Kurt Vonnegut fan, I will always associate an * with his doodle of an a***ole.  Haha.
How 'bout: "Here's where the babies come from..." followed by doodle.   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Torgo

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 10:16:39 PM »

If you met some of the idiots that I work with, than you would see why I use the F word multiple times every day.   TeddyR 

But I don't cuss nearly as much as I used to in my late teens early 20's especially (I'm 32 at the moment).  I could've peeled paint back in those days.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 11:31:32 PM »

++josh;
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 11:39:36 PM »

Poo-tee-weet?

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 11:43:38 PM »

Tourettes!!!! I don't have it....but you might  think so.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2007, 12:43:17 AM »

I found this interesting article over at howstuffworks.com that goes into detail about swearing and how it works.

Check it out...
http://people.howstuffworks.com/swearing.htm

By the way, what's up with that symbol above?
I don't get it.
DodgingGrunge
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2007, 01:31:24 AM »

I found this interesting article over at howstuffworks.com that goes into detail about swearing and how it works.

Check it out...
http://people.howstuffworks.com/swearing.htm

By the way, what's up with that symbol above?
I don't get it.

Thumbup Great article!  I used to scour that site religiously.

The above symbol is a doodle by author Kurt Vonnegut, JR (Slaughterhouse Five, Cat's Cradle, etc.) of an anus.  In his time, he was a fairly revolutionary author.  Insofar as this thread is concerned, Vonnegut was not one to shy away from obscenity when it proved a point.  And one such point was the above doodle, which was printed as a chapter heading (among other doodles) in his highly unconventional opus Breakfast of Champions.  His books are very easy, but insightful reads.  If you haven't yet experienced his world I'd recommend it.

++josh;
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2007, 01:40:49 AM »

His books are very easy, but insightful reads.  If you haven't yet experienced his world I'd recommend it.

Thanks for the info.
I've heard of Vonnegut before but have never read any of his writings.
I just may have to check out some of his works sometime soon.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2007, 06:07:34 AM »

Smile As the Honourable BadMovies.org Minister for South African Affairs, I think I should post a list of South African swear words that all of you can use and almost no-one will know what you're saying.  Smile

Just be careful where you use them and who you say them to as there are a lot of us spread all over the world: I made this mistake in Turin in 2003 when I nearly got knocked over by a guy on a scooter, I swore at him in Afrikaans ("Jou ma se moer!"*) at which he braked sharply and swore straight back at me in the same language.  Buggedout I iz lucky he not hit me.  TeddyR

* Untranslatable term of abuse: a devastating insult.  Twirling
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 06:10:12 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Raffine

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »

Poo-tee-weet?

Hi ho.

AND: So it goes.

The above symbol is a doodle by author Kurt Vonnegut, JR (Slaughterhouse Five, Cat's Cradle, etc.) of an anus.

He even incorporated it into his signature.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 03:41:45 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 03:51:24 PM »

A wise man once pointed out that if you use the F-word to say good morning to someone, what are you going to say when you hit your thumb with a hammer?

Four years in the Navy gave me an extensive profane vocabulary in several languages (my Chief Petty Officer knew obscenities in a dozen languages and could cuss a man out for 10 minutes without repeating the same swear word!).  However, I try not to use profanity if I can help it - I teach school and work with kids every day, for one thing, and am trying to model appropriate behavior for them.

When I am really worked up, I use a handy Latin phrase:

"Sugit facientor womitas!!!!!"

- loosely translated, "That sucks and it makes me want to throw up!!!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Torgo

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

His books are very easy, but insightful reads.  If you haven't yet experienced his world I'd recommend it.

Thanks for the info.
I've heard of Vonnegut before but have never read any of his writings.
I just may have to check out some of his works sometime soon.

I've got Slaughterhouse Five and Cat's Cradle myself. Great books.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The F-Word « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.