Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:03:35 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Freaked (1993) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Freaked (1993)  (Read 8773 times)
TheFilmFiend
Dedicated Viewer

Uncerimonious rice pudding eater.

« on: July 30, 2007, 10:34:04 PM »

Does anyone else love Tom Stern and Alex Winter's bizarro comedy Freaked as much as I do? Anchor Bay gave it the spiffy two-disc treatment a few years back, yet most people still haven't heard of it. Fans of severely warped mid-90's humor should definitely appreciate its odd sensibilities.

The Film Fiend - Cinematic scribblings to stimulate your pineal gland.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:36:19 PM »

Freaked is one of my favorites from the 90s.  I watched it religiously when it originally made it's rounds on HBO.  I actually won the DVD set a couple of years back from a website for knowing the trivia questions they were asking about the flick.

Where else can you find Rastafarian eyeballs with legs and machine guns?!?!?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
TheFilmFiend
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:38:34 PM »

Where else can you find Rastafarian eyeballs with legs and machine guns?!?!?

felgekarp
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 03:41:41 AM »

Its' one of those films I need to add to my collection.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »

Finally other people have heard of it.

I mentiion it to people, and they look at me like, "What kind of drugs are you on?"

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
TheFilmFiend
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 07:43:56 PM »

Finally other people have heard of it.

I mentiion it to people, and they look at me like, "What kind of drugs are you on?"

I get the same reaction. It's definitely not for everyone, though I think quite a few would enjoy it if they'd give it a chance.

Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 07:56:47 PM »

It's certainly a very strange film, and has it's own strange type of comedy.  I've shown it to a few people and very few get it like I do.  Along with the crazy visuals, the script is fantastic:

Twelve milkmen IS theoretically possible. Thirteen is silly. Looks like there's one milkman too many, Coogan!

A lot of milkmen on the same route. No wonder they fight.

Hilarious!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 10:25:27 PM »

Best part is when the freaks are telling Rick how they came to be, and you see the wrench on the floor, and you see that it used to be a hammer.  Mr. T starts crying cause it's such a sad story.

My favorite line would be Randy Quaid "Styrofoam cup."  Great.

TheFilmFiend
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 06:20:18 PM »

The underground slideshow is one of my favorite bits.

"It's my Bar Mitzvah!"

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »

I love the guy that's randomly picketing, but he "Likes Ike."  Odd.

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »

Hahahahaha. This is an awesome movie! One of my favorite things about this movie is the fact that Keanu Reeves is Ortiz the Dog Boy. I've never seen Keanu in a role where he actually has a personality. Must be seen to be believed!  BounceGiggle

Skaboi... you didn't win that DVD on my site, did you? I gave away three copies of the movie and the original script (God how it hurt me to hand that away) a few years back at the Vault.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 11:18:41 AM »

Hahahahaha. This is an awesome movie! One of my favorite things about this movie is the fact that Keanu Reeves is Ortiz the Dog Boy. I've never seen Keanu in a role where he actually has a personality. Must be seen to be believed!  BounceGiggle

Skaboi... you didn't win that DVD on my site, did you? I gave away three copies of the movie and the original script (God how it hurt me to hand that away) a few years back at the Vault.

You're the same Jordan!?  I didn't realize that!  Yep, I won it from your site.  Sadly, I didn't win the script but I did win one of the DVD copies.  Quite happy with it as well!   Smile

MoronBoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »

Back in middle school I remember a friend of mine talking about this sick, disgusting, and very unfunny movie that he watched with the other guy from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure on TV. He just downright hated the movie.

A few years later I pick up the DVD of this movie and realize this was the movie he was talking about so many years ago, but I loved this flick. He seen it on my shelf a few months ago and said, "Dude, you have that movie?! I loved that movie when I was a kid. Watched it all the time!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 10:02:20 PM »

I love this movie more every time I watch it. 

I had a crush on Julie.  She's on General Hospital now.  Looks a bit older, but still good.

Plus, I love keeping it around.  A friend was telling me how it was wrong to hate the Matrix (I hated it.)  I was like, "So Keanu's such a great actor, huh?  Watch this."  Pop in Freaked and how Keanu's Ortiz, and he freaks out like, "C'mon man."

Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »

You're the same Jordan!?  I didn't realize that!  Yep, I won it from your site.  Sadly, I didn't win the script but I did win one of the DVD copies.  Quite happy with it as well!   Smile

LOL! Yup, I'm the same guy. That was an odd fluke and I had fun making that contest page. Sadly, the PR guy from Anchor Bay that contacted me and got the whole thing set up moved on to a different company after that, so no more cool freebies.  Bluesad

Glad to hear that the DVD has found a good home and that you've been enjoying it.  TeddyR

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Freaked (1993) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.