Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:14:50 PM
713360 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Testosterone Tuesday... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Testosterone Tuesday...  (Read 5354 times)
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« on: July 31, 2007, 03:29:34 PM »

Went to Blockbuster to exchange some DVDs today and picked up today's new release machismo flicks 300, Pathfinder and Nomad. I know that there were a few members on here interested in seeing Nomad and a number that have already seen 300. Any opinions to throw out before I watch them? Any suggestion as to which order I should perhaps watch them in? Have at it ladies and gentlemen...

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »

THE 300 is the only one of those titles that I have already seen, and I loved it!  I also rented Pathfinder to watch tonight.  I would suggest that you watch THE 300 when you have time to think about it awhile afterward . . . I found it to be a majestic and very profound movie.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 07:50:23 PM »

Went to Blockbuster to exchange some DVDs today and picked up today's new release machismo flicks 300, Pathfinder and Nomad. I know that there were a few members on here interested in seeing Nomad and a number that have already seen 300. Any opinions to throw out before I watch them? Any suggestion as to which order I should perhaps watch them in? Have at it ladies and gentlemen...

Well did the same BB exchange and got Nomad a couple of days ago. It was ok I was expecting a little more, but it's a decent renter, doubt it will go into the collection.

I have Pathfinder for later tonight picked it up today and all the 300 were out. I though about just buying it for $13.99 but I figure they'll come out with a super duper extended directors cut since it's been such a hit thus far. So why buy it now when I know a bigger better one will be released later ... I'm guessing right about Christmas.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 09:43:19 PM »

Thanks gents. I got a little behind on a few things tonight, so my viewing will have to wait till tomorrow. Did anybody bother to see Pathfinder in the theater, or are we all in the same "wait till it comes out on DVD" boat?

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 10:18:23 PM »

Thanks gents. I got a little behind on a few things tonight, so my viewing will have to wait till tomorrow. Did anybody bother to see Pathfinder in the theater, or are we all in the same "wait till it comes out on DVD" boat?

Well in my rinky-dink town in my neck of the woods they only show PG-13 or below, it mainly cater to kids (that's cool kids need movies too) and my home system is about bigger and better than the theater. To get the R and above I have to go to the BIG city (POP. 23,000 sa-lute). So yeah I just normally wait for the DVD.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:29:48 AM »

Well, at least you have a good excuse Cheeze, I'm just too lazy or cheap to go to the theaters. Heh heh.  Wink

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 01:29:11 AM »

PATHFINDER No real spoilers.

Ok I've watched Pathfinder now and it's OK ... that's right I said OK. Not great, not oh-ah-wow, just OK. I know it's a comic book/graphic novel so I'm overlooking all the multitude of historical/factual errors. (I'm not having a Wyre Wizard Moment) so I won't spoil it for you but watch for the following ....

Horses - since when did Icelandic Vikings take horses on sea voyages? Or have them for that matter. Did get them in North America the Spanish didn't bring them until the 1500's. Easy to over look so I'll let it slide.

Black Viking - ok I give where there black Vikings? I'm guess no. We're talking Scandinavians natives here not the dark continent natives.

Stock Footage Avalanche - yes stock footage in a $26,000,000.00 film, where did the money go. Show me the money, no BIG stars, no BIG CGI (nothing you couldn't do on a home PC), no epic battles.

You'll learn hanging over a fire upside down will not singe your hair, vikings have horns and speak old norse/modern Icelandic (poorly), but oddly Indians speak English very well. Indians will keep there pointy sticks and not take the far superior sword from the dead vikings and you learn a few other things too.

HOWEVER ... really cool sets, awesome customs; very Frazetta, very rich in textures, albeit a bit to dark at times. But sadly there is no T&A and Moon Bloodgood naked would have done a lot of this film.

It's worth watching, but it's only worth buying once it's cheap and up against 300 that won't take long.

I'll call it 3 or of 5
 Thumbup Thumbup Thumbup

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 08:06:27 AM »

I like that it's got a Frazetta look to it, so that very much intrigues me. In a perverse sorta way, the stock footage avalanche also intrigues me too. Heh heh.  TongueOut

I'll probably give my two cents on it next week. Thanks for the quick 'n' dirty.  Thumbup

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Testosterone Tuesday... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.