Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:20:08 PM
714313 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your favorite style/type of video games to play? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What is your favorite style/type of video games to play?  (Read 14693 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 04:06:36 PM »

The only great thing that the Sega CD has was the Sonic CD game which was re-released as part of a 2nd Sonic compilation for the Gamecube.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »

The only great thing that the Sega CD has was the Sonic CD game which was re-released as part of a 2nd Sonic compilation for the Gamecube.

I noticed that compilation at GameStop but haven't picked it up yet because I've never been a huge Sonic fan. I've heard Sonic CD was a good title though. Exceptionally memorable aspects of the game Torgo?

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 09:58:11 PM »

Does anyone remember Sega Channel?

My friends used to have that, and I used to love playing it.  I liked Earthworm Jim, Ballz (I think that's it.  It's a fighting game, but the characters are made of various sized multicolored balls), Comix Zone, and a few others. 

Sonic was great on the old Sega, as well as Mortal Kombat.  I used to also like this one X-Men game for it as well, and the old NHL game, from like, 1993.  I loved Sega, even though I never actually had it.

I had NES, and used to rock the BattleToads, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game, Blades of Steel, Back To The Future, and American Gladiator games for it.  I loved being a kid.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 10:08:49 PM »

I noticed that compilation at GameStop but haven't picked it up yet because I've never been a huge Sonic fan. I've heard Sonic CD was a good title though. Exceptionally memorable aspects of the game Torgo?

The neat aspect is that while traversing through the levels you can activate these kind of sign things that will either take the level you're in back into the past or into the future.  Sometimes, you need to go back and forth between them to get past obstacles in later levels.    The way they change the look of each of the levels depending on if you go back or forwards in time is really cool.

It sounds kind of confusing, but it actually work really well.  The only small gripe I have about the Gamecube version is that the control doesn't seem to be quite as dead on as the Sega CD version, but it's still good.

I should mention however that my favorite Sonic game to date is part 3.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:42:51 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What is your favorite style/type of video games to play? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.