Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:39 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Alien monster movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien monster movie  (Read 5032 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 02, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »

This movie I remember is about an alien monster that escaped from some sort of prison or insane asylum space ship (operated by extremely  human-looking aliens) and came to Southern California.  It would inhabit the bodies of humans to avoid detection.  The only survivor of the prision ship, who looked like a blonde human female, came after the monster and teamed up with a police detective (maybe a private eye) to find and destroy the thing.

The movie was made and set in the 1980s.

Some things I remember:

One of the inmates on the ship was biting off his fingers.  He slapped his hand against a window in his door to show off the five bloody stumps and said something like, "I'm in pain!  Gimme my pills!"

The alien woman learned English by watched soap operas, particularly Santa Barabar.  She pronounced Santa Barbara as "San-TA Bar-bar-A".  It was really annoying.

There was a scene, on Earth, where some guy in a labcoat was scribbling on a chalkboard.  A younger woman, also in a labcoat, came in, tried to talk about their relationship or some such, but all the older man would say was, "DO YOUR WORK".  Eventually, spines came out of his face and he made to attack the woman.  I guess he was possessed by the creature.

There was some pointless scene where a bimbo the blonde alien woman befriended grabbed her laser gun, thinking it was a cigarette lighter, and kept pulling the trigger to get a flame.  She gunned down a motorcycle cop and a couple of other people before the alien woman got the gun back from her.  This scene was played for laughs, if you can believe it.

There was a scene where the alien woman tracked the monster to a sewer but it used some kind of mental assault to render her helpless before she could laser it to death.  Humans were apparently immune, so the detective had to drive it off with this handgun, which had little effect on the monster aside from getting it to leave.

This may or may not have been a TV movie; I remember we watched it on TV and that it was not a rented tape.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 07:57:28 AM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

Got it.  The movie was "Something is Out There".  According to the IMDB, it was a TV series pilot and the alien monster was never caught or destroyed.  Blah.  I'll have to try and see it, anyway.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096134/

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 07:02:29 PM »

Crazy coincidence, but within the last week I had read the entry in the Psychotronic Video Guide about this film and pegged it as one I want to see.  I knew it fit your description - then I saw that you already had the answer.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Alien monster movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.