Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:07:27 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This concludes our broadcast day, thank you and good night. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: This concludes our broadcast day, thank you and good night.  (Read 13547 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 05:30:11 PM »

Here's a pix online of what cork lined caps looked like for you young whipper-snapper that's never seen them.

I do recall some bottle caps had tiny pics of baseball players under 'em too.
A couple of dollars could get you all sortsa cool stuff! Comics were 12 or 15 cents,cool Odd Rod and Weird Oh's bubblegum stickers ,those tiny wax bottles you chewed on and some kinda funky kool-aid in em', vampire teeth....boy,I miss the old Five and Dime Stores....(cue to the Rolling Stones... Whatta drag it is getting ooold...)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 05:44:47 PM »

Comics were 12 or 15 cents,

Ah, those were the days i never knew.... Bluesad

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 05:55:57 PM »

Cheez, what a great experience: getting to visit the local station as they aired the late movie.

The station was RIGHT behind my house about 200 feet from it and at first they ran us off and wouldn't let us hang around then they just started putting up with us until one day we got to be on air on a occasion it's was about like a midnight Romper room at that point. But we got older and stopped going around and the station got bought by a bigger station and all things change and not always for the better.

I remember about those cork-lined caps is you were always certain to scrape your fingers right above the nails trying to pick that cork out.

Dude you suppose to use a butter knife or a penny to get the cork out.

those tiny wax bottles you chewed on and some kinda funky kool-aid in em'

They still make them believe it or not .... check out http://www.oldtimecandy.com

Some of my personal favorites were and are, Mallo Cups with the cards inside that had money on them too, I was all about the cash baby. You saved the cards and send them in for more Mallo cups or some other little goofy gift like X-RAY glasses. I walked up and the railroad tracks pulling my little red Radio Flyer collecting coke bottles for the tune of 3 cents each. You could make a money doing that.
If it wasn't RC and Moonpies it was those 10 oz bottle of Dr Pepper and a bag of peanuts, we'd put the peanuts in the Dr Pepper, those small bottle of pop (soda, coke) always had a flavor all there own. They just tasted better in glass than they do in plastic and they were at there best when they had ice crystals floating in them.

ok who all had one of these ...

Susan
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 06:19:33 PM »

[ok who all had one of these ...

Me, and i still have it in my parents attic. Blue glitter banana seat and all. The embarassing part is my parents made me put a flag on the rear - which made no sense because when i first got it i wasn't allowed off the culdasack...lol
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 06:39:20 PM »

[ok who all had one of these ...

Me, and i still have it in my parents attic. Blue glitter banana seat and all. The embarassing part is my parents made me put a flag on the rear - which made no sense because when i first got it i wasn't allowed off the culdasack...lol

But did you have the phony tailpipes and the playing card clothes pinned to the fork? Did you cut off the forks of a old bike and add them to your making it a super stretched chopper? (So that when you turned you'd wipe out the add-on folks would come off and the wheel go rolling off.) I even saved up with my yard mowing money and bought the wheel generator front and rear lights and the speedometer. And I got the big prize a fat wide slick for the back tire, which you learn it doesn't stop very well on wet pavement going down hill. 

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 08:12:53 PM »

Well, you were lucky; my bikes were always hand-me-downs, and my first had been my oldest brother's and he was way older than I was!  One of my friend's had a stingray... he let me ride it and I envied him, embarressed at my OLD bike! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 08:24:04 PM »

Well, you were lucky; my bikes were always hand-me-downs, and my first had been my oldest brother's and he was way older than I was!  One of my friend's had a stingray... he let me ride it and I envied him, embarressed at my OLD bike! 
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger,stranger! I got my first bike in 1972, when I was 10. It was my older brother Mikes bike. It was huge,had a basket mounted on the back. All the other kids had cool bikes...I had a dork bike. I didn't get my Hiawatha untill about 2 years later.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 08:54:27 PM »

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger,stranger! I got my first bike in 1972, when I was 10. It was my older brother Mikes bike. It was huge,had a basket mounted on the back. All the other kids had cool bikes...I had a dork bike. I didn't get my Hiawatha untill about 2 years later.
Listening to HANK WILLIAMS "...and melt your cold cold heart..."  BounceGiggle

peter johnson

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2007, 02:46:10 AM »

Oh, Crap, I used to work on 2 of those shows:
HOMEMOVIES and MOVIE MAESOLEUM, both on KBDI-TV-12, broadcasting then out of Broomfield and Denver, Colorado.  I played so many sub-characters, I can't name them all.  I was "Bates" or "Dr. Bates" on MOVIE MAESOLEUM, opposite "Digger", who was a vampire/ghoul wannabe character,and the real star of the show.
Type in HOMEMOVIES, and you may get a link -- the old NBC cartoon, Homemovies, even has a link for us if you get them by mistake --
Hell, yeah, I remember that image of the station going off the air -- and I recall that poem with the short film of a jet from when I was in grad. school in Charlottesville, VA., around 1980 or so.  My then girlfriend was a strict atheist and always hissed whenever the "God" line came on.
Yes, I had one of those bikes, too, but the cheap Western Auto knockoff, and not the actual Schwinn Stingray, which is what is pictured.
The story of going next door to the studio at night recalls to me a time when I would watch "Dr. Madblood" on WAVY-TV-10 in Virginia.  This show came on at 2am, so one would think would be mostly for stoners and speeders and insomniacs.  Not so.  Every Saturday, Madblood would show childrens' artwork on those huge pieces of grade-school paper, referencing the show.  My question then and now was -- "What sort of parent is letting their 8 or 9 year old stay up to 4am to watch horror films!!??!!" 
I cite this as the reason Virginia is what it is today --
peter southern/denny politics

I have no idea what this means.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2007, 10:23:11 AM »

My  first bicycle was a blue 10-speed that I named Silver . . .  when I wore it out I got a nice gold 10-speed that I named Richtofen after the Red Baron . . . and yes, when I rode off on it, I yelled . . . .

"Hi-ho Richtofen, AWAY!!!!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Batmobile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 10:21:37 AM »

Ok, I've been lurking here a while but  time to reveal my true identity.The test pattern brought it all back in a flood. Yes there was a lot of snoozer crap in the Golden Age of TV but some true classics too. BRM  (Before Remote Controls) circa 1965-75 or so , I came home from school and watched every  rerun of Star Trek (the real one), I Love Lucy, Andy Griffith, I Dream Of Jeannie, Bewitched and Gilligan's Island, (even the black & white ones).  Anyone remember Mannix getting shot in the shoulder EVERY week?  His arm must have looked like swiss cheese. In the summer during the day Dark Shadows, The Dating Game, Newlywed Game (my big sister's fault) and Lets Make A Deal.   However, my favorite was always Batman!  I was a 6-year old fanboy to the max. Had a metal Batman lunchbox embossed with scenes from the show on all sides. Wonder what it would be worth now. Had a Batman cape from my halloween costume, the kind with the plastic mask with a rubber band which always broke. I saw the Batman Movie, with every villain and 10,000 new Bat-Gadgets (Bat-Boat, Bat-Chopper, Bat-Jet) in the theater, first run.  That was the peak of my fan career, and the show's too I guess.  Ah, those were the days...anyone got a cigarette?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 06:09:06 PM »

Sure! It's a Winston!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1cv9l3uu1c

Welcome to the board! (I smoke roll yer own Buglers myself!)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 06:20:39 PM »

Sure! It's a Winston!
Welcome to the board! (I smoke roll yer own Buglers myself!)
We've come a long way from cartoon characters promoting WINSTON cigarettes (or have we?)   Gotta love that.   Thumbup

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2007, 06:27:08 PM »

I had a pair of these, saved up my $0.75 plus $0.25 S/H and the damn things didn't work. Yes, I had visions of seeing babe nakkid and alas nothing ... don't remember what they did other than not work.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This concludes our broadcast day, thank you and good night. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.