Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:22:55 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2007 - The Year of "Finally the released that horror movie on DVD" « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 2007 - The Year of "Finally the released that horror movie on DVD"  (Read 10461 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »

From Beyond? That's not Fulcio's Beyond right?

From Beyond is Stuart Gordon's 2nd film that him and most of the cast of Re-Animator made after that seminal horror flick.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
DistantJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 04:40:00 AM »

There's plenty of DVDs I'm still waiting for (if they happen at all), particularly B-Movies and Manga Films.

I'm in the UK so I get it extra bad. :( lol

What's the point in having a new medium if they're not going to put the bloody movies on it?!
Jim H

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 03:28:06 PM »

Thanks for that bit of information Torgo!  I didn't realize that anything was cut out of the scene for widescreen.  It's funny as it's normally the other way around.  I'll have to break out my MGM disc and try it in fullscreen.

Yeah, but sometimes the open matte versions actually reveal errors.  I believe it is a Fish Called Wanda where in a scene where Cleese is supposed to be naked you can see he is actually wearing jeans.

BTW, what's better on the full frame Howling?  One of my favorite horror films, and definitely my favorite werewolf film..  I'll have to check it out, as I believe my DVD has both versions.  On a side note, the commentary on the special edition is also quite good.
Torgo

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 08:56:22 PM »

BTW, what's better on the full frame Howling?  One of my favorite horror films, and definitely my favorite werewolf film..  I'll have to check it out, as I believe my DVD has both versions.  On a side note, the commentary on the special edition is also quite good.

While I always preach widescreen to everyone the majority of the time, The Howling and Return of the Living Dead are films that I prefer watching the open matte full screen versions.

As for what is extra on the full screen The Howling?  During the famous transformation scene you get to see all of the puppet head/animatronics in the full screen version as opposed to the widescreen one cutting off the ears.  It just gives a much better view of the effects.  I just think that it allows the images on screen to breathe a lot more as the widescreen version is just way too tight in some scenes. 

Joe Dante back in the early day almost always filmed his movies in full frame and just matted them down for theatrical release.     

Torgo

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 09:00:07 PM »

Does the new ROTLD have the Tar Zombie having a deeper voice or the croaky one? I like the DVD deeper voice much more.

I didn't know there were any different versions of the Tar Man scene floating around out there? There was more than one?

On the MGM DVD, he's got the croaky voice from what I remember. That's the way I always remember it being on VHS as well.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  2007 - The Year of "Finally the released that horror movie on DVD" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.