Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:19:24 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)  (Read 16465 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 10:06:02 PM »

Also, one thing that they had censored at one points on the 1st bare bones DVD was when Baby Herman gooses the woman as he passes underneath her dress near the beginning.

They changed it on the 1st DVD to where his arm stayed at his side.

They restored this for the Vista Vision special edition DVD release to where his arm goes back up however his middle finger isn't extended anymore as it was in the theatrical release which made it a bit more than a normal goose.   TeddyR

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
daveblackeye15

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 12:40:55 PM »

I love this movie, I've loved it since I was five. It's just pure magic just like Back to the Future, pure fun!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 01:28:56 PM »

here they are today, next to some guy

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 10:50:59 AM »

In the credits, they say that the movie is based off of a book called "The Toontown Murders" (or something like that).  I've been trying to find the book for years and have had no luck...

"Roger Rabbit" was a mind blowing film...This was back when Robert Zemeckis actually made good movies.  I'm sorry, I didn't really like "Cast Away" and "The Polar Express".  Maybe "Beowulf" will change my mind.

Christopher Lloyd getting run over by a steamroller was a little too traumatic to my 10 year old mind at the time...but it still was amazing to see Donald and Daffy on the dueling pianos.   BounceGiggle

Actually, the film was based on the book "Who Censored Roger Rabbit?" by Gary K.. Wolf. I have the book, but like 99% of my books, it is boxed up, in storage, and inaccessible at this time. The film does the book justice.

What I awlays found surprising about the film, is how well the storyline works in it.

Of course, I love the film, and especially seeing all the cartoon characters in it. There are over fifty character from Walt Disney Studios, and almost twenty from Warner Brotjhers, Univeral, and Paramount. There will, most likely, never be a cartoon line up like that again. Even though, after its success, there was talkg of doing a sequel to it.

Of course, now that Eisner has left Disney, and Iger has taken over the company, and Spielberg and his Amblin Entertainment is looking to leave Paramount for a new home, the talk of a sequel is being revived.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 05:21:19 PM »

I'd love to see a sequel, but if only all the things could be aligned right.  But some sequels never seem to hold up.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 10:22:32 AM »

I'm kinda on the fence on this one. At the time, it was unlike any other mainstream movie, the animation and film were seemless. The story however, wasn't that great IMO. Roger being such an idiot just wasn't amusing to me, which is kinda surprising.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 07:40:32 PM »

I'd love to see a sequel, but if only all the things could be aligned right.  But some sequels never seem to hold up.

I liked the original and think a sequel would just tarnish it.  Blending animation and film just isn't done any more, in fact "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" was probably  the peak of it.  Any sequel would use CGI and it would be like the transformers movie where the style is totally changed.  One of the good parts of the movie was the nostalgia it rose. 

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 01:51:23 AM »

I loved this movie too.  The whole thing blew me away when I first saw it.  I found Roger's voice a little annoying and he was waaay over the top for my usual tastes, but it's still a stunner.

I also liked the fact that Spielberg's then wife Amy Irving did Jesicca's singing voice and Kathleen Turner was the BEST pick for the speaking voice

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2007, 11:57:21 AM »

Wow!  It's attack of the "Killer Bees" on the Bad Movie forums!  Welcome!   Wink

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 01:57:46 AM »

Wow!  It's attack of the "Killer Bees" on the Bad Movie forums!  Welcome!   Wink

Thanks  Smile

You guys are so nice.  But my actually name comes from a Tori Amos song "Taxi Ride".  It's just serendipitous that it's associated with bad movies.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 03:20:28 PM »

Thanks  Smile

You guys are so nice.  But my actually name comes from a Tori Amos song "Taxi Ride".  It's just serendipitous that it's associated with bad movies.

Karma for anything Tori!  TeddyR

It's been a while for me on this one...but if my grandmother hadn't taken me to see it in the theatre as a child I'd probably be a much more boring person today. All I can say is that, when 'Space Jam' came out, I knew I wouldn't see it, and I knew there'd never be another movie like Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

Thanks  Smile

Karma for anything Tori!  TeddyR

It's been a while for me on this one...but if my grandmother hadn't taken me to see it in the theatre as a child I'd probably be a much more boring person today. All I can say is that, when 'Space Jam' came out, I knew I wouldn't see it, and I knew there'd never be another movie like Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Space Jam was a departure, for sure.  Have you seen Looney Tunes: Back in Action?

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
BTB
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 12:59:46 AM »

God I love this movie but it ruined my life, Jessica had too much an impact on me.

Regarding the story , I regard it highly. Using toons instead of other minorities and according to the imdb trivia the plan with the cable cars is based historical events.

Also it's great that many former toon stars do have their appearances also Felix the Cat should really have been in there as well as Krazy Kat and....

To have no ideas and to express them
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.