Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:46:00 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ani-maids! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ani-maids!  (Read 7703 times)
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 09, 2007, 11:57:11 AM »

I was reading an anime magazine the other day, and there was a section on the japanese obcession with sexy maid characters in TV shows and manga. Its gotten to the point where maid cafes (and corresponding butler cafes for the ladies) are popping up everywhere in japan. Just out of curiosity, is there any occupation (besides the obvious-strippers, prostitutes, nurses, etc) that you would find to be a real turn on? What job would you want your anime dream girl (or guy) to have? (Librarian? Firefighter? Astronaut? etc).

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:02:00 PM by Fausto » Logged

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 02:19:52 PM »

A librarian wouldn't be that too far off. I've worked with almost everyone else, including a man in a dog costume.
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »

Giant robot pilot.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
raj

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:34:39 AM »

Yes to maid, no to nurse (mom was a nurse).
Inyarear
Bad Movie Lover

Slimo! Slimo! Slimo!

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 03:09:23 AM »

Well, what I like in anime maidens is a girl who's supernatural. By this, I don't just mean she works with supernatural stuff (as in Sailor Moon and about fifty other animes featuring pretty girls firing off magical blasts) but that she is a supernatural creature herself. Case in point: Ceres the Tennyo from Ayashi No Ceres, seen here in the mirror next to her fully human host Aya.

While there's no exact translation for "tennyo" in our language, the tennyo in Japanese mythology are something like the fairies of ancient Irish mythology, i.e. full-sized powerful women who aren't quite deities themselves, but do serve as stand-ins for fate and divine decree, doling out rewards and punishments.

Apart from Ceres there, I haven't seen a lot of other distinctly supernatural women of this sort in my animes, but Ai from Video Girl Ai is also something like what I have in mind: a distinctly human girl who's nonetheless more than human as well.

What really pushes my buttons with this kind of girl is the mixture of intimacy and independence: she can bond with you in ways ordinary people can't, and yet she's not bound by all of the same physical restrictions you are. Her very occupation is both to keep and be kept by the guy; while a lot of these supernatural girls are obviously male fantasies personified, the ones in the better shows (such as these two) have minds of their own and can act on their own initiative. (In fact, in these two animes, they're often the ones running the show.)

I guess what I'm really saying is, if it comes down to what kind of anime girl I like, it's the kind who could haunt my house for me; it's not a paying occupation, but it would be very productive in its own way.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 03:00:49 PM »

Well, what I like in anime maidens is a girl who's supernatural. By this, I don't just mean she works with supernatural stuff (as in Sailor Moon and about fifty other animes featuring pretty girls firing off magical blasts) but that she is a supernatural creature herself. Case in point: Ceres the Tennyo from Ayashi No Ceres, seen here in the mirror next to her fully human host Aya.

While there's no exact translation for "tennyo" in our language, the tennyo in Japanese mythology are something like the fairies of ancient Irish mythology, i.e. full-sized powerful women who aren't quite deities themselves, but do serve as stand-ins for fate and divine decree, doling out rewards and punishments.

Apart from Ceres there, I haven't seen a lot of other distinctly supernatural women of this sort in my animes, but Ai from Video Girl Ai is also something like what I have in mind: a distinctly human girl who's nonetheless more than human as well.

What really pushes my buttons with this kind of girl is the mixture of intimacy and independence: she can bond with you in ways ordinary people can't, and yet she's not bound by all of the same physical restrictions you are. Her very occupation is both to keep and be kept by the guy; while a lot of these supernatural girls are obviously male fantasies personified, the ones in the better shows (such as these two) have minds of their own and can act on their own initiative. (In fact, in these two animes, they're often the ones running the show.)

I guess what I'm really saying is, if it comes down to what kind of anime girl I like, it's the kind who could haunt my house for me; it's not a paying occupation, but it would be very productive in its own way.

Going by your description, the title character in VAMPIRE PRINCESS MIYU does it for me

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:50:18 PM by alandhopewell » Logged

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 09:21:32 PM »

Gymnast ladies would be fine by me.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
AoTFan

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 12:13:30 AM »

Gymnast ladies would be fine by me.

Just FYI, you know that most gymnast would not have that big of uh... "assets" on them, right?  TeddyR

messedup
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 10:42:22 AM »

I guess you could call me a uniform-guy. Something like a sexy police woman etc...I could go for that.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

I guess you could call me a uniform-guy. Something like a sexy police woman etc...I could go for that.

Here you are....

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Ani-maids! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.