Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:12:50 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Champions Of Justice (1971) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Champions Of Justice (1971)  (Read 2976 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 08, 2007, 02:35:04 PM »

CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE (1971) - Wow, this is must viewing and probably the best masked Mexican wrestling movie ever. The film starts out with our masked hero's riding motorcycles through the city streets at night. Among some of them are Mil Mascaras, Blue Demon, El Medico, Black Shadow who take on a mad scientist who has abducted all of the Miss Mexico contestants. The mad scientist has 9 red caped, machine gun toting masked midgets who do the kidnapping and later they are given supernatural strength by the mad doctor to take on Blue Demon and the rest. They fight everywhere from in a small airplane to underwater. There are a couple scenes where the midgets loose their strength and they are shown being thrown everywhere and they are obviously dolls and it looks so ridiculous that you must see it. El Medico is also seen driving around in a cool 70's dune buggy.

Thumbup Thumbup (8 out of 10 Stars) I even dare to say this is a 9 out of 10. Highly recommended.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 02:37:20 PM by Scott » Logged

Evan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 05:25:30 PM »

I really liked Champions of Justice too. My favorite part was the midgets with the machine gun attacking the ring. This film is the first Luchadore film I have completely seen and got me interested in the Mexican horror genre. I also highly reccomend this movie.
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 07:29:50 AM »

CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE is also in blazing color. The sight of the caped/masked midgets beating the tar out of our hero's and the abduction of the beauty constestants is to funny. How about Mil Mascaras getting shot it the shoulder while in the ring rolling in pain. Then they just put a small patch on his arm and then he's ok. Usually these films have two obligatory in ring wrestling matches that last 10 minutes each, but this one only has the one match unless you count the fight in the labratory. They also freeze the beauty contestants is freeze chambers and then put them in crates.

SANTO VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN b/w which is my second favorite lucha libre film. The other wrestler vs monster films from Mexico are ok, but not as good as CHAMPIONS OF JUSTICE and SANTO VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN.

carabinero
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 02:58:55 PM »

Let's not forget El Rayo de Jalisco (Jalisco's Lightning, the Luchador with black mask and lightning in the front) also appearing in this movie. This luchador spawned as a character for a movie, and then evolved into a very famous real life wrestler, instead of the opposite...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Champions Of Justice (1971) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.