Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:39:35 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Garbage Pail Kids Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Garbage Pail Kids Movie  (Read 72335 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 03:36:46 PM »

You know, just watching the poker clip really made me want to take a belt sander to my eyeballs.  But thats just me.  Wonderful review, but I would not watch the film for anything.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 06:57:11 PM »

Damn you.

I know I'm going to rent this.

Watch this.

Hate you.

Then myself. Bluesad

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Justin
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 01:00:36 PM »

Oh, I love this bad movie, its a childhood classic of mine, along with HOWARD THE DUCK.

Then again, I'm a collector of the cards, so of course, I'm going to love & cherish the movie.
I just wish a soundtrack for the move was available.

"We can do anything by working with each other!"  Cheers
Justy
Bad Movie Lover

Oh the humanity!

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 07:28:04 AM »

I can't believe that I never heard of this movie. In 87 I was 14 so I imagine that  I was concerned about things like girls, my computer and being a freshmen in high school. Even with all I'm surprised that this is my first exposure. I am thankful though.

-----------------------------------------
"Hey that's great, but who're the Chefs?"
-----------------------------------------
sen8r
Dedicated Viewer

Sen8r of late nite Bad movies!

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2007, 07:42:29 PM »

This is one of the worst ideas ever.  I am an avid bad movie lover, but the Garbage Pail movie was too far.  No offense to the fans, but I didn't like the trading cards while I was in school either!  Thumbdown

I'm Up All Nite!
collars
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2007, 04:36:14 AM »

I always had a crush on the Blythe character since I was a kid. I love Blythe.
The Dungeonmaster
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 10:59:32 PM »

I personally find this movie hilarious and awesome. Though if you dig it up purely for nostalgia, you will be really slapped in the face! haha.
David Drummond
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 11:13:18 AM »

Outstanding analysis. Kudos to Ethan for the spot-on review, and to Andrew, for holding the gun to Ethan's head and making him press PLAY.  BounceGiggle

I saw this... thing on Showtime back in '89, and I was stupefied. Literally. The film totally sapped my will to change the channel, turn off the TV, or even get up and just run like hell as fast and as far away from it as I could. Instead, I just sat there, zombie-like, as my gorge rose higher and higher still, and I could feel my eyeballs... crystallizing. Yet I could not budge. I felt like Alex deLarge in the Ludovico chair.  Buggedout 

Ohhh, I viddied well, my brothers. And when it was finally over, and the very last production credit (and for pity's sake why would anybody take CREDIT for this???) had crawled, like a fat malevolent slug, up the television screen, I looked to the merciless heavens and thought, "By all that is holy, I have just witnessed the worst piece of excrement ever committed to celluloid this side of the Vogon empire. And NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE ME!!"

So, I thank you... Andrew, Ethan. Thank you confirming my incomprehensibly hideous experience at the hands of the Topps Chewing Gum suits, and the infinite room full of monkeys they so recklessly employed.

Oh yeah, and lemme tell you something, Mister B. Call Gitmo. Get ahold of the president.  F'God's sake tell 'em: forget about waterboarding. USE THIS MOVIE. Those sumb***hes will tell you EVERYTHING you want to know!

But seriously,
David Drummond
Rhonda
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 04:55:43 PM »

I first saw this movie shortly after the VHS release when I was 8 or 9, rented by my mom, who would have been in her mid-40's at the time.

I remember laughing out loud many times, but the memory that gets me is that MY MOM was laughing so hard that she had tears streaming down her face. 

Years later, she refused to watch "Jackass" because it looked "too obnoxious".  However, she loved "Road Trip".  Question
windy winston
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008, 05:01:32 PM »

Whoever thought it would be a good idea to make this film should be congratulated on a job well done.  Garbage Pail Kids the Movie has greatly affects my every day life in that I apply the life lessons taught throughout the film: stealing tools from the poor, being a complete a***ole, being a  drunken rude fool is completely acceptable in today’s society.  The choice of characters in this film is pure theatrical genius.  The script is well written and each seen is implemented with such grace.  Bravo!

"Concentrate and What you do - Buckle down it's up to you" Nat Nerd
"This sucker's got gut's - he's with me!" - when Windy crashes through the bar room window like a maniac and unleashes a can on a few bikers
"Here's to all the little sucker's in the world" - when the bikers are toasting Windy and Ali Gator
movieguy247
New Visitor

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 05:14:08 AM »

I saw a huge cardboard advertisement for this in '87 at my local megaplex in PA but it never opened. I had to wait until Feb. '88 to rent the video. As expected, it's a huge piece of 1980s crap! I can't believe this is on DVD and "Howard The Duck" is not. WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of those "family movies" that no parent in their right mind would allow their children to watch!
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 01:42:33 PM »

I can't believe this is on DVD and "Howard The Duck" is not. WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of those "family movies" that no parent in their right mind would allow their children to watch!

Uuuuggg....Howard the Duck doesn't ease my stomach pains any less.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2008, 10:43:16 PM »

I watched this movie for the first time tonight, and while it was positively awful I could not bring myself to completely hate it.  The film itself was bereft of humor, good acting, and plot, but there was something about the 80's-ness of this film that kept me from despising it. 
Jay
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »

Fortunately for me, this franchise's craze was before my time!  The characters on the cards were ugly, nasty, and above all, unsettling!  And then to recreate them as midgets in masks, eughh!  There's something quite disturbing about puppets and guys in costumes trying to look like humans and be nasty like them as well!

What it all comes down to is that this bandwagon was never meant to be a feature film!  It should have never went outside of the trading cards!

Appropriately, while other franchises of the 80's, like Care Bears, GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and others have re surged in popularity, I have yet to see these kids come back!  Heck, I didn't even know such a thing existed until the Nostalgia Critic reviewed this movie!
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 08:49:32 PM »

Why did this movie suck so bad?
Did the film-makers just not know who their audience were?
It could've been a Cult flick like "Meet the Feebles" if they wanted it to be, but never a family movie.
What were they thinking!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Garbage Pail Kids Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.