Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:25:17 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Garbage Pail Kids Movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Garbage Pail Kids Movie  (Read 72344 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 02:03:57 AM »

Appropriately, while other franchises of the 80's, like Care Bears, GI Joe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and others have re surged in popularity, I have yet to see these kids come back!  Heck, I didn't even know such a thing existed until the Nostalgia Critic reviewed this movie!

Actually, they are back, they've had several new series of cards come out, mainly parodying stars of today.  Dunno where one can find them though, Wal-Mart and Target, for whatever reason, quite selling them. www.garbagepailkids.com

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jay
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 01:19:37 PM »

Oh, well I guess I just never paid attention to it.  I might be living under a rock, but considering this film, maybe I'm one of the lucky ones!

I would applaud them making these kids resemble their animated versions, but by having midgets in rubber suits?  That's just wrong!
Usually, I would say the mistake was making a live action adaptation of a cartoon, as has been the case with most such films.  In this case, however, the mistake was in the source material.  The Garbage Pail Kids are disgusting, unsettling, and downright unlovable!  It may have been ok for a Cartoon series, but not much else.
Alex
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »

Didn't someone on "Family Guy" buy this? Lookingup
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:39 PM »

Yes, it was Adam West on one of the crappy newer episodes. He was daring himself to watch it without the lights on, which was funny, but then again Adam West is always funny.

This movie is one of the few that almost defeated me, I love the cards, but this was a nightmare.

I pride myself in my ability to watch and at times enjoy the worst of the worst, but I still haven't taken on the champion, Manos.
ChunkeeOne
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 06:51:14 AM »

No, it's not crazy to like this movie. It just falls under the 80's movie that make you scratch your head and wonder, "Were things really that lame?" I liked it in a morbid kind of way. As in I like it when people attempt to do something that should not have been attempted by real people. The only thing I remember vividly from this movie is when Dodger shoves himself into a duffel bag to avoid detection from the "thugs". Being a little guy, myself and being a little curious guy at that, I am here to tell you, it is actually possible to fit a human being inside a zipped duffel. Note: I did it for fun. I was nothing like little Dodger, because I've never been a pansy.
AlienatorDonut
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 12:03:23 PM »

Calling this literal trash "A Bad Movie" is an understatement. Garbage Pail Kids is the only bad movie from 1987 to be WORSE than Jaws: The Revenge.
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 12:36:36 PM »

Yes, it was Adam West on one of the crappy newer episodes. He was daring himself to watch it without the lights on, which was funny, but then again Adam West is always funny.

This movie is one of the few that almost defeated me, I love the cards, but this was a nightmare.

I pride myself in my ability to watch and at times enjoy the worst of the worst, but I still haven't taken on the champion, Manos.

Just a quick update, I've long since watched Manos, and I loved it (way better than this). That being said, I don't think it's the champion, it has too much of its own charm, like a fever dream. No, the reigning supreme demigod of truly bad movies, at least to me, has to be...Birdemic: Shock and Terror, which makes Garbage Pail Kids look like freaking Star Wars.
DeanM
New Visitor

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2013, 07:17:49 PM »

Exhume Ed Wood, give him a ton of bad acid, show him all of the campaigns against neurological or disability discrimination, and the film he makes might come out something like this. Except better.

I think the problem with this film is, essentially, for a film that is meant to be about the ultimate outsiders and how they are treated by the mainstream, it is way too dispassionate and cynical. Ed Wood would have made a film in which he cloys at the audience for about 90 minutes that these disgusting (and, truth be told, quite unnervingly-realised) characters have something to contribute to our world. That they might do, but in the film proper, any attempt to make that case is quickly forgotten in a slew of gross-out gags. Essentially, it is just a geek show (in the true sense of the term, not "geek" as in the moronic "culture") for the children who had been collecting the cards at the time. Every attempt to make a point about discrimination and its endemic nature in society is lost because it is delivered in an unsubtle and clueless (as well as classless) way.

Ed Wood's Garbage Pail Kids film would probably have at least one of the titular children being murdered by what Devo refer to as a jocko homo. Same level of subtlety, but far more elegant in delivery. I cannot believe I just said Ed Wood would make a more elegant film than someone...
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 09:20:16 AM »

There's a Garbage Pail Kids movie.... Oh god, please help.  Buggedout

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Garbage Pail Kids Movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.