Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:37:04 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  O.J.'s Book...Will You Buy It? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Will you buy OJ's Book, "If I Did It"?
Yes - 2 (20%)
No - 6 (60%)
Maybe - 2 (20%)
Who is OJ Simpson? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: O.J.'s Book...Will You Buy It?  (Read 7322 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 13, 2007, 05:31:44 PM »

It seems that OJ Simpson's controversial book, "If I Did It" will finally be published soon.
Because of all the hoopla recently, OJ will not receive any profits from the book.
Instead, Ron Goldman's family were awarded the rights to the book and profits from any sales that come from it.

I admit that I will probably buy a copy.
For some reason, this case has always fascinated me and it will be interesting to read.
No word yet on when it will be released.

Here's the full news article:
http://www.abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=3474640&page=1

How about you?
Will you buy it?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:54:49 AM by Ash » Logged
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 07:02:27 PM »

I probably will.  I like to take a look at what he thinks how he could have done it.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:38:33 PM »

Being a true crime buff...yeah-I'll buy it. Just out of morbid curiosity.

"if I Did It" Hmph. Wouldv'e been titled "WHY I Did It", if the case was handled right.
  I think he did it.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 09:03:39 PM »

Of course he did it.  The man was abusive and possessive of Nicole before the murders, and there was DNA evidence that virtually damned him.  His high-priced lawyers sprung him thanks to focusing everyone's attention away to a single crooked cop on the case, and he's done virtually nothing since to find any evidence showing he didn't do it. 

It's bad enough that channels like E! can't stop talking about the damn OJ trial to this day.  This is just more PR, more money, and more attention for the man, and I will have no part of it.  So no, I will not be buying this book. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:26 AM »

I won't put a penny in that damned murderer's pocket, not even indirectly.  Hatred  I'm still steamed about that gross miscarriage of justice . . . his appeals would have probably run out by now, too!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 10:20:56 AM »

Of course he did it. 

Ever read "Mindhunter" by John Douglas?  Douglas essentially 'invented' psychological profiling at the FBI.  Anyway, in a latter chapter of "Mindhunter," he profiles Goldman's and Brown's killer.  His profile cannot produce a name, of course, but it matches OJ uncannily.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
BTM

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 09:45:04 PM »

Well, personally, I RARELY buy books, at least, not NEW books.  The only new books I've bought were ones I really want to own (or just read) that I could get through the library.  Usually if I do buy books they're used, at second hand book stores or on eBay or half.

So, while I might glance through or even read the book, I wouldn't buy it, even without all the moral implications.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:20:43 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 09:49:44 PM »

Ever read "Mindhunter" by John Douglas?  Douglas essentially 'invented' psychological profiling at the FBI.  Anyway, in a latter chapter of "Mindhunter," he profiles Goldman's and Brown's killer.  His profile cannot produce a name, of course, but it matches OJ uncannily.
\

I've read several of Douglas' books, they're very fascinating, but I do think the guy has dropped the ball a few times, like in Cases That Haunts Us, he seems to believe the Ramsey's were innocent, and, based on the research I've done, I just can't buy that idea.

What's really weird though, is there's another profiler who's written a lot of books by the name of Robert K. Ressler.  Him and Douglas have worked together a couple of times, but I've read one of Ressler's book, and there's some events that both he and Douglas were at that are described a bit differently than Douglas details them. 

I'm not sure how's more accurate, but I've read there's a bit of a rivalry between the two.  Another interesting thing, is even though they're both in the same business and have seen many horrific scenes, they have a lot differing opinions on issues or law and justice.  For instance, Douglas is pro death penalty, Ressler is not.

But anyway, since you like true crime, he might be an interesting guy for you to look up.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:04:51 PM »

Nope, even with the money going to the Goldmans, I want nothing to do with the book. I'm sick of the case, the media frezy it generated, and the ministorms that things like this kick up all over again. He got away with murder as far as I'm concerned, and we can't get him put behind bars like he deserves.

This just gives him a new round of attention.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
ulthar

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 06:33:43 AM »

in Cases That Haunts Us, he seems to believe the Ramsey's were innocent, and, based on the research I've done, I just can't buy that idea.

Hmmm, interesting.  I thought I read in "Journey Into Darkness," that Douglas' profile fit Mr. Ramsey, or at least he believed it was someone very "close" to Jon Benet.

In any case, I thought "Mindhunter" the better of the two; in "Journey," he was far more 'preachy.'  Then Douglas started appearing on Oprah and similar talk shows, and I thought he was losing much of his credibility doing that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 08:03:45 AM »

Nope, just not very interested.  I try to avoid books with titles that presuppose that the potential purchaser is an idiot.  Like RC says, it might be interesting to read "How I Did It", but not another rehash of something that's been endlessly rehashed already.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ulthar

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2007, 06:59:16 PM »

Oooops.  I must post a correction to my earlier information.  Douglas discusses the Brown-Goldman murder in "Journey Into Darkness"  (beginning page 333) not "Mindhunter."  It must have been "Mindhunter" where I read his thoughts on the Ramsey case.

Apologies for the confusion.    Lookingup

--Real Genius
raj

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »

Nope.  Not that interested in the whole case -- aside from the appalling job done by the prosecutor's office and the incompetent Judge Ito.  What I find stunning is that some supposedly intelligent person would have actually thought having OJ write a book about how he would have committed these murders was a good idea.  Judith Regan was rightfully fired from her job.  I just don't like the idea of criminals being in the spotlight. 
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  O.J.'s Book...Will You Buy It? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.