Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 15, 2024, 10:34:43 PM
714145 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Weird black magic film... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird black magic film...  (Read 4324 times)
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« on: August 15, 2007, 10:48:42 AM »

Here's another movie I remember seeing bits and pieces of when I was younger.  For a long time I thought it was "The Serpent and The Rainbow", but now that I've watched that, I know it's not the one. 

All I can remember from it are two little things...One of them involved a scene where a guy in the shadows had a little blow dart tube in the middle of a street at night.  This might have been a street from the 1800's or the 1980's, I can't remember too well.  Anyway, the guy blew a dart or something at another man in the street, for what reason, I don't recall.  Anyway, whatever was in that little blowgun was powerful, because I think in the next scene, the victim sat down to eat something in a restaurant (might have been a lobster) and then his meal suddenly came to life and attacked him.  Whether that was a hallucination or not is another thing I don't remember well.

Then there was one other scene...I don't even know if it was in the same movie...it looked like something out of Indiana Jones, but I know every scene of that trilogy, so I know that wasn't it.   I think these guys (Either one or two of them) were hiding, observing this bizarre ritual where some guys in robes were carrying what I think was a person wrapped in bandages like a mummy in some kind of open casket.  A bunch of worshipers were chanting in another language as the mummified person was then placed in what I think was some kind of a vat, that had either boiling water or chemicals inside of it.  I'm not 100% sure, but I think their victim may have been still alive as well, because there may have been some kind of a scream at that moment. 

It's very odd, the little things you remember sometimes, hehe.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 11:16:49 AM »

Sounds a lot like Young Sherlock Holmes to me.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 11:35:33 AM »

Yeah, it could very likely be YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES.  Young Watson does get "attacked" by hallucinatory food at one point, and the ending is very Indiana Jones-ish with a showdown in a pyramid.
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 11:49:27 AM »

You're probably right, now that I've checked the IMDB.  I might try to find this after work today, since I've got a Hollywood Video nearby.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 01:57:13 PM »

I'm 99% sure it's Young Sherlock Holmes.  My cousin used to watch this movie all the time.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 07:12:50 PM »

I can confirm it now.  I just watched Young Sherlock Holmes today.  Everything was just as i remembered for the two scenes I mentioned. 

One thing that stuck in my head all those years was the chant by the Ramtep worshipers.  Now I got to hear it again.  It's funny, because I always thought at one point in the chant they were saying something that sounded like "Make mummy-mum...make mummy-mum, mummy!"  I know that's not what they were really saying, but that's what it sounded like to me, hehehehe.   TeddyR
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Weird black magic film... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.