Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:00:29 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Where were you when Elvis died? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Where were you when Elvis died?  (Read 19641 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 11:42:35 PM »

Here a link to the satellite view of GRACELAND (Center Screen), just click the logo on the opening screen to make it go away, across the street you'll see a plane that is the 'Lisa Marie' and just south of it is the Elvis Auto Museum.

Back over at the house the see the 2 pools, the south pool (fountain) is were the King is buried.

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=35.046081&lon=-90.024184&z=18.7&r=0&src=msl

Tomorrow for lunch it's fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. 

1 tablespoons peanut butter (preferably smooth)
2 slices white sandwich bread
1 small ripe banana, mashed with a fork (about 1/4 cup)
2 tablespoons butter

Spread peanut butter evenly on 1 slice of bread, then spread mashed banana on other slice, leaving a 1/4-inch border around edge. Close sandwich, gently pressing bread slices together.
Heat butter in an 8- to 10-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until foam subsides, then fry sandwich, turning over once, until golden brown, about 2 minutes total. Eat immediately with a knife and fork.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 01:05:36 AM »

I was driving back to the yard from making a lumber delivery in the City of Industry Ca. just turned right off of 7th Ave. on to the transition road to the 60 fwy westbound, about halfway up the on ramp the announcer on KHJ broke into a commercial and said "Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll is dead." and for the rest of the day that was all anyone could talk about.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 05:44:33 AM »

I was four days from my 14th birthday. I remember that Groucho crooked too. My Dad told me about it...he was a big Elvis fan.He had just watched his last show on TV when he was all fat and big. Dad,at that time said ,something along the lines of " He looks like sh1t."

I remeber EXACTLY where I was when Reagan got shot! I was in my Uncle Ron's basement playing pool by myself,with the TV on...it was live! I thought it was cool. That may not sound right,but that was my first thought at the time! "SH!T! WOW! " I ran upstairs to holler it out to my Cousin Ronny (yeah...he was named Ron too. 3 Ron Merchant's in one house...there was Big Ron,Ron Jr. and Ronny-me. Stoopid drunk Norwegian's with no imagination... BounceGiggle)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 08:20:37 AM »

We were driving home at night approaching Ithaca, N.Y. from the North on route 34 along Cayuga Lake when we heard it on the radio. The adults in the car were shocked, but I didn't even know who Elvis was at the time.

i was in germany sucking on my thumb  Wink

Susan, where you also a Army brat born in Germany? I was born in Landsthul, Germany in 1964.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:23:56 AM by Scott » Logged

raj

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 03:29:50 PM »

I was in my room at home (Middletown NY at the time) listening to the radio -- WPLJ (102.7, IIRC), back when it was a rock and roll station.  DJ came on the air and announced it.  Funny, because the rock stations back then very rarely played any of Elvis's music anymore.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 03:46:05 PM »

I was in my room at home (Middletown NY at the time) listening to the radio -- WPLJ (102.7, IIRC), back when it was a rock and roll station.  DJ came on the air and announced it.  Funny, because the rock stations back then very rarely played any of Elvis's music anymore.
I remember WPLJ; album oriented radio, no?  You're right they wouldn't have played Elvis.  At that time they would have been playing Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Yes, Styx, Eagles, but no Elvis...you'd have to go over to WCBS-FM for the "oldies..." 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
raj

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 09:55:04 AM »

Yup, total AOR.  In the summer of 1983 we went to Britain as a family vacation.  When I got back I turned on the radio and WPLJ was playing Michael Jackson.  Wow, what a shift.  After a couple days of their new crappy Top 40  format I found WNEW-FM.  I guess I'm just a rocker.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 10:40:34 AM »

Yup, total AOR.  In the summer of 1983 we went to Britain as a family vacation.  When I got back I turned on the radio and WPLJ was playing Michael Jackson.  Wow, what a shift.  After a couple days of their new crappy Top 40  format I found WNEW-FM.  I guess I'm just a rocker.
WNEW was the true "head" station in the 70s and later also had a debate in the early 80s with their listeners over "should we play Michael Jackson...?"  There was a brief moment there when it seemed there was a lot of cross pollination going on in pop music.  WNEW is no longer AOR.

raj

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 11:30:46 AM »

I remember that debate.  And Memorial Day weekend they'd play the top 1000 or so songs -- with Stairway to Heaven always coming out #1.  I forget the names of the old guy who DJed a lot and the ditzy blonde who was a total metal head.  Haven't been back to the area in years, didn't know it had changed formats.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 12:16:37 PM »

I remember that debate.  And Memorial Day weekend they'd play the top 1000 or so songs -- with Stairway to Heaven always coming out #1.  I forget the names of the old guy who DJed a lot and the ditzy blonde who was a total metal head.  Haven't been back to the area in years, didn't know it had changed formats.
Scott Muni, Alison Steele, Carol Miller (who used to "get the Led out") Pat St. John...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 12:47:42 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Susan
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

We were driving home at night approaching Ithaca, N.Y. from the North on route 34 along Cayuga Lake when we heard it on the radio. The adults in the car were shocked, but I didn't even know who Elvis was at the time.

i was in germany sucking on my thumb  Wink

Susan, where you also a Army brat born in Germany? I was born in Landsthul, Germany in 1964.

no, born on mather afb but was in germany as a tot - weiselberg to be exact. A tiny little town where nobody spoke a lick of english, including our landlords..lol  Were there 2 years, years later they wanted to station us there for another 4 and my dad basically said 'hell no, i retire'

btw i meant to ask - do you have dual citizenship?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 10:34:09 PM by Susan » Logged
BlackAngel75
Bad Movie Lover

eject...eject

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 01:50:58 AM »

I was 2 years old.    Twirling Drink

Same here.

We all know Bill is a little nuts, but George has actually tasted them.
-Betty White at the William Shatner Roast
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 07:40:03 AM »

I was four days from my 14th birthday. I remember that Groucho crooked too. My Dad told me about it...he was a big Elvis fan.He had just watched his last show on TV when he was all fat and big. Dad,at that time said ,something along the lines of " He looks like sh1t."

I remeber EXACTLY where I was when Reagan got shot! I was in my Uncle Ron's basement playing pool by myself,with the TV on...it was live! I thought it was cool. That may not sound right,but that was my first thought at the time! "SH!T! WOW! " I ran upstairs to holler it out to my Cousin Ronny (yeah...he was named Ron too. 3 Ron Merchant's in one house...there was Big Ron,Ron Jr. and Ronny-me. Stoopid drunk Norwegian's with no imagination... BounceGiggle)

I, too, was about to turn 14 when Elvis bit the big one.  I didn't even hear about it until months afterward, when I was sitting in math class.   Now, John Lennon, that was different.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Raffine

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 12:36:31 PM »

I was a sophmore in high school at marching band practice.

Our band director stopped the rehearsal, gathered us all together and announced it.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 02:52:56 PM »

btw i meant to ask - do you have dual citizenship?

Supposedly I do have duel citizenship and with both a German birth certificate and an American born abroad certificate. Never looked that far into my rights concerning both.

I hear if your a German citizen you can own land there.

My only question is.........If I was born on German soil with German citizenship and as an American Citizen born abroad can I run for President of the U.S.?

My fathers side of the family came direct from Germany.

I also notice that many Germans are quite about being German here in the states and don't generally want to talk much about it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Where were you when Elvis died? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.