Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:54:45 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Blood Lake - most hilariously bad SOV horror film ever? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Blood Lake - most hilariously bad SOV horror film ever?  (Read 3036 times)
JedFEVeR
« on: August 16, 2007, 12:34:30 AM »

Has anyone had the "pleasure" of watching this piece of crap before? It's so so bad, it almost reminds me of the super ameture horror videos me and my friends would attempt to make on our dad's camcorders back in high school. We usually gave up after a few hours and would usually end up with like 10-15 minutes of really embarressing acting, bad sound, and gore that consisted of tomato sauce. This movie is just like that, only it's 90 MINUTES LONG!! Yet, there's something oddly watchable about it. I was laughing my ass off the whole time
hellbilly
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 10:28:47 AM »

Sounds like fun. I'm on the lookout for SOV stuff with a lake-setting to go with one of my favorites - "Terror At Tenkiller" - for a possible double feature. Thanks for the tip!
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 11:05:08 AM »

Yup, this one was BAD. Makes Blood Cult look like Psycho.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
JedFEVeR
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 06:14:10 PM »

I'll sell it to you for a few bucks if you want it. It's usually pretty hard to find. I was probably gonna sell it on ebay or something anyway, I doubt I'm gonna watch it again lol.
claws
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 01:49:21 PM »

This movie is quite something, and its coming to DVD for the first time.

Because of source limitations, the film, which was shot on video, will be released ONLY ON DVD on April 9.

Blood Lake is the most fascinating -- and stupefying -- shot-on-video slasher that ever escaped from 1987. A group of unhinged party animals, including adolescent horn-dog Lil' Tony, embark on a weekend trip filled with Jet Skis, a keg of Busch, and an extended game of quarters. But look out! There's a supernatural killer on the loose who wears cowboy boots and a silk shirt with a rose stitched on it! Made by real-life friends from Oklahoma on a real-life vacation, BLOOD LAKE is a rewardingly lethal collision of '80s slasher video-vomit and twisted cinéma vérité madness. From false metal soundtrack hits to gratuitous scenes of people sleeping, this might be the only movie in history capable of receiving a stamp of approval from both David Lee Roth and Andy Warhol.

Special Features and Technical Specs:

Transferred from the original 1'' master tape!
    Audio Commentary track with director Tim Boggs' and Bleeding Skull's Annie Choi and Joseph A. Ziemba!
    Fantastic Fest screening Q&A with director Tim Boggs and producer-star Doug Barry!
    ASHES short film directed by Tim Boggs!
    Unseen 1987 investor trailer!

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 01:51:56 PM »

Seems like I have a new movie in my watchlist.

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Archivist
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 09:07:13 PM »

I love how people describe it as 'the worst most awfulest baddest movie evarrrr' and someone says, 'Imma watch this one! Yeah!'  TeddyR

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Blood Lake - most hilariously bad SOV horror film ever? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.