Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:05:18 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Abby (1974) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abby (1974)  (Read 4415 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« on: August 16, 2007, 08:30:34 PM »

A few years back I ordered a few VHS tapes trew a company called Video Vortex....one of which was ABBY (1974) with Carol (the Mack) Speed and William (Blacula) Marshall. I was expecting a BLACKENSTEIN piece ofdrival...WOW!!! This is abou the BEST blaxpliotation horror movie EVER!!! Abby (Carol Speed) swears like a truck driver,tosses people around inna bar,screws a dude until smoke rolls out the window of his car(!!!) and is just dam MEAN!!! And it even has a weird subliminal demon face flashing all over the screen when she goes apesh!t,too! Anyone seen this insane movie? I believe it may be avalible only threw companys mail order sites,because of legal problems with Warner Bros.

Anyhow-I HIGHLY recommend it !!!!  Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup
 Here's a clip....watch for the Abby demon face flashes!!!

[youtube=425,350]
Small | Large
Whatta lovley voice...!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:39:31 PM »

Wow, that looks messed up! 

BounceGiggle

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »

The swearing in this movie is quite imaginitive too. And her poor husband gets humiliated in every way possible...including in the sack!  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle
 Only bad thing...my copy is a really crappy pre-record.So I hafta shop around for a better copy,visual quality wise.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 03:22:18 AM »

I have this on DVD.  I don't think it was available through a widespread release.  I ordered it off a website . . . can't even remember which one.  The DVD quality is only about as good as a VHS tape, but it's worthwhile to have this Blaxploitation horror classic.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:23:01 AM »

Whoa!
That was some trippy ass s**t!

Imagine if she were your girlfriend.
I'd hate to break up with her!   Buggedout
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:24:32 AM »

there used to be a poster here who's screename was abby.  She ran williamgirdler.com   who is the director.

If you liked this DEFINATELY check out the Manitou.  a movie that way well have the most insane premise of any in history
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:33:58 AM »

I have this one.  Patty, the young lady who created WilliamGirdler.com, sent me the film many years ago.  More recently, I picked up the DVD.  While the DVD quality is not great, it is better than the VHS I had before.

Still, spot on.  This film is over the top and the acting is so earnest that you go right along with it, crazy dialog and situations and all.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 04:49:11 PM »

there used to be a poster here who's screename was abby.  She ran williamgirdler.com   who is the director.

If you liked this DEFINATELY check out the Manitou.  a movie that way well have the most insane premise of any in history

Yeah..I saw the MANITOU back in the 70's. That's the crazy a$$ one with the girl giving birth to a deformed Indian medicine man...from her back!!!  BounceGiggle I recall the cheezy laser kinda effects at the finale too! Fun movie!!!  Thumbup Speaking of cheezy William Girdler movies-have you ever seen ASYLUM of SATAN? That movie makes absoulutly NO sense at all!!! What's with the hoode d figures with hardboiled eggs? And who's the creppy ghoul? And Why is the nurse a cross-dresser? Real looney stuff!

Asylum of Satan!!!!  [youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZhXAyOEoXo  Yikes!

[youtube=425,350]
Small | Large
Lotsa screaming in this trailer! The Manitou!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 07:50:55 AM »

I saw ASSYLUM OF SATAN and it was good 70's low budget madness. Can't believe I have yet to see ABBY and MANITOU. Thanks RCMERCHANT. Wonder if Netflix is carrying them?

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 08:55:47 AM »

I think they have manitou but not abby.

manitou and abby are FAR superior to asylum so if you liked that no where to go but up.

I gave manitou 5 stars at netflix.  same name lester1/2jr

Scott

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 09:14:05 AM »

Been thinking of taking one last plunge into the world of Netflix. Thanks Lester1/2jr.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2007, 10:01:45 AM »

scott- I've had it since about march.  I think my favorite of all i've seen has to be "Viva Knieval".  I can't really say why, it just has a crazy energy to it
Scott

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 05:56:05 PM »

BounceGiggle ok Lester1/2jr, but I think I'll buy it for $1 next time I see it on the shelve.  Thumbup

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Abby (1974) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.