Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:54:54 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093687 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10800 on: December 15, 2017, 11:45:05 AM »

Cypher (2002) - pretty cool movie. A guy gets a job being a corporate spy, but gets suspicious when he seems to be uncovering much about nothing at boring lectures about processed cheese. Lucy Liu adds star power, which she then had, in a "I'm helping them make this cool movie" turn as an undeveloped femme fatale ish character...OR IS SHE? or is she a cyborg or something whats going on nothing is as it seems

For a cheapie pure sci fi movie it's pretty darn good if not an out and out classic. Whoever wrote the story stayed up late tying all the loose ends (more or less). not as multi leveled as say Get Out but if you like that and other conspiracy type movies it's a solid night out or in I guess

4.5 /5

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10801 on: December 17, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »

Time for some seasonal schlock! TeddyR

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 3: Better Watch Out!" (1989)
A blind girl with psychic powers accidentally "connects" with the comatose "Ricky" (aka the Santa Claus killer from "SNDN 2"), who wakes up and follows her to Granny's house to crash her family's Christmas celebration. You can probably figure out the rest. This dreadfully slow paced and poorly acted direct-to-video slasher schlock may be the worst entry in the entire "Silent Night, Deadly Night" series, which is really saying a lot, esp. if you've seen "2." :D

"Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation" (1990)
While investigating a woman's mysterious fiery death, an L.A. magazine reporter is drawn into a coven of witches who want her to become their newest member. Eventually she learns that for the final step to get her into the club, she has to perform a human sacrifice on Christmas Eve. Yikes!
This DTV sequel is totally unrelated to the other three SNDN films, which is actually a good thing. It wasn't great by any means, but it was certainly better than the previous installment, thanks to the bizarre body-horror moments ala Cronenberg, the cool/icky bug/creature effects, and the performances from some familiar faces incl. Maud "Octop***y" Adams and the always dependable Clint Howard. I've read some reviews that call this flick the "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" of the "SNDN" series, and I can agree with that.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10802 on: December 17, 2017, 10:33:13 AM »

BAG BOY LOVER BOY (2014): A slow-witted hot dog vendor takes it into his head to become an artist after an uptown photographer uses him in a photo shoot. Naturally, he kills his models; otherwise, what's the point? Arty exploitation that never distinguishes itself in the story or performances. 2/4.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10803 on: December 18, 2017, 01:07:43 PM »

Lady on a Train (1945) - actress Deanna Durbin quit Hollywood when she was 27. Though that was probably the best thing she could have done for her self it's a shame because she's really good here. Despite the title, it's not a film noir or even a thriller. It's much more akin to "I Married a Witch": a comedy that uses the conventions of another genre and skips all the heavy stuff in favor of fun, mildly decadent atmosphere.

A cute blonde (Durbin) looks out the window of her train and sees a murder. The rest of the movie is her trying to solve it with the help of her favorite mystery writer (some guy) who she manages to find and befriend. As they get wrapped up in the murder mystery, Durbin passes herself off as a famous nightclub singer and of course no one notices that she isn't actually the singer they had all been going to see since before this night. in one risque moment, the famous writer guy is seen in his pajamas and  both Durbin and his secretary are as well. way to go buddy!

There were an ostentatious number of black people in this movie which was a nice surprise, even though they get stereotypical sort of roles. If you ever saw I married a witch definitely check it out. not quite as perfect as that but of similar quality.

4.5/ 5
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #10804 on: December 19, 2017, 12:17:05 AM »

Oh boy. I saw some good movies, and some bad movies
The good:
The Disaster Artist- Film about The Room, probably the best movie I've seen this year that came out this year

Star Wars: The Last Jedi- Good, but I thought that it could have been trimmed down a bit.

Bad:
Dingo Pictures movies- They are just so bad, as a fan of animation Dingo Pictures makes me cry. It's just so horrible to watch that I get sad drunk whenever I watch one.

yeah no.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10805 on: December 20, 2017, 12:25:42 PM »

Island of Lost Souls - even better the second time around. I've never really liked the Dr Moroue character all that much just not very complex or interesting. This is as good as it can be told though. I loved the islander girl, the crazy looking beast guys and even the white south seas suits everyone wears for some reason.

A guy falls overboard or something and ends up on the island Marlon brando will one day occupy. A different large man is there now though, Charles Laughton. You know he's actually evil because he has such good manners. I wonder if non evil scientists are all a***oles? Anyway, they're all out there in the middle of the world surrounded by jungle and beast people led by one who strongly resembles Dracula. In another country, the guys hot girlfriend tries to put together a rescue mission and frets and provides tension.

5/5 only 76 minutes long and the photography is great. I liked especially the shot of the guy and girl talking when the camera is focused on their reflection in the water

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:37:10 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10806 on: December 21, 2017, 09:47:07 AM »

GOOD TIME (2017): A small-time crook botches a bank robbery, then his guilty conscience drives him to break his dim-witted brother accomplice out of custody. The script takes some unpredictable turns (along with one forgivably predictable twist), and after years of trying Robert Pattison may have finally put memories of Edward Cullen behind him with this portrait of a man willing to do anything to save his brother's skin. 3.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10807 on: December 21, 2017, 11:13:16 AM »

Watched a film on Netflix last night called 'The Vault'. Thought it was a nice little horror movie and would recommend it. A bunch of criminals included three siblings attempt to rob a bank, but there is something supernatural down in the old vault and things start going badly wrong.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10808 on: December 22, 2017, 05:00:51 AM »

KINGSMAN: THE GOLDEN CIRCLE (2017)  Eggsy, Merlin, and Princess Tilde are back for another adventure with the oh-so-stylish club of secret agents known as the Kingsmen.  This time their ranks are devastated by a genius drug dealer known as Poppy (played with gleeful abandon by Julianne Moore), and they call on their American counterparts, the Statesmen, for help in shutting down her operation.  Poppy, meanwhile, has cornered the market on illegal drugs and has poisoned the world supply with a slow acting virus.   She is holding the lives of millions of casual drug users hostage in exchange for the President agreeing to complete, across-the-board legalization. The only catch?  The President is an anti-drug zealot perfectly willing to let every "junkie" in the world die!  Watch for a hilarious side role by the one and only Elton John!  4.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10809 on: December 22, 2017, 10:32:41 AM »

"Santa's Slay" (2005)
A demonic Santa Claus comes to town to teach everyone the meaning of yuletide FEAR in this tongue-firmly-in-cheek holiday horror comedy. A tasteless laugh riot with a great cast incl. Dave Thomas from "SCTV," wrestler Bill Goldberg as the badass St. Nick, Robert "I Spy" Culp (who makes up for his appearance in the dismal "Silent Night Deadly Night 3" with this flick) Fran "The Nanny" Drescher, James Caan (!), and lots more.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10810 on: December 22, 2017, 12:27:47 PM »

twitter sized review

Three Days of the Condor (1975) - pretty much every modern political thriller and/ or action movie, which is to say every modern movie, is a rip off of this CIA conspiracy fest 5/5
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10811 on: December 22, 2017, 04:28:26 PM »

JEEPERS CREEPERS 3 (2017) The first JEEPERS CREEPERS was a brilliant, dark horror film that freaked me out so badly I literally paused it, turned the lights on, and walked around the house for a bit to calm down at one point - one of the very few scary movies that truly got under my skin.  The sequel was pedestrian and forgettable, and I truly thought that would be the end.  But a decade later, along comes number 3.  While falling far short of the original movie, this was a good deal better than the second one and had some genuinely creepy moments.  I was frustrated with one seemingly significant plot development that was simply abandoned without explanation, but other than that, this one was fairly enjoyable.  3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10812 on: December 22, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »

JEEPERS CREEPERS 3 (2017) The first JEEPERS CREEPERS was a brilliant, dark horror film that freaked me out so badly I literally paused it, turned the lights on, and walked around the house for a bit to calm down at one point - one of the very few scary movies that truly got under my skin.  The sequel was pedestrian and forgettable, and I truly thought that would be the end.  But a decade later, along comes number 3.  While falling far short of the original movie, this was a good deal better than the second one and had some genuinely creepy moments.  I was frustrated with one seemingly significant plot development that was simply abandoned without explanation, but other than that, this one was fairly enjoyable.  3.5/5

I refuse to watch any film made by a pedophile and make him richer.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10813 on: December 22, 2017, 04:56:20 PM »

I refuse to watch any film made by a pedophile and make him richer.

For the record, that stuff didn't come out until long after I saw the first movie.  I have no idea if this latest sequel was made by the same director or not.  There's so much obnoxious and evil behavior coming out of Hollywood anymore I just tend to go numb to it.

claws
« Reply #10814 on: December 22, 2017, 10:28:32 PM »

Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale (2010)

A young boy in Finland isn't too excited about Christmas after reading about the gruesome origins of Santa Claus. When a international crew of workers unleash Santa Claus buried inside a mountain, Christmas this year will be taking a more sinister turn. It's up to the young boy to fight holiday evils and to stop Santa from doing his barbaric job of disciplining naughty kids.

Rare Exports always leaves me kind of frustrated. It has all the ingredients of a fun fantasy horror movie but for some reason the makers of the movie decided to tone down the horror elements in favor of heroic kid action in a film not necessarily aimed at kids. Disturbing by default the moment they introduce Santa's helpers - a horde of demented middle aged bearded men running naked through the snow. Then you have a graphic axe to the head kill, a bloody ear biting scene, creepy naked footprints in the snow, slaughtered dead deer and a frozen giant krampus type of creature. Yet they managed to make these things not appear in a typical horror movie fashion. Damnit. Despite the frustration Rare Exports is still a well made and unique movie. Rating: 3.5/5 (Very Good)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:46:05 PM by claws » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 719 720 [721] 722 723 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.