Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:03:15 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2093837 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11100 on: June 21, 2018, 08:43:04 AM »

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE (2018) - Bart Millard is one of our home town heroes, a really nice guy who wrote a song that topped not just the gospel charts but also the secular billboards a few years back. "I Can Only Imagine" is a lovely and unforgettable tune, but the story behind it is even more remarkable: how the child of an abusive father overcame his broken relationship and experienced healing and wholeness with his dad.  I loved this movie, all the more so because I know the man whose story it tells.  5/5

THE LODGERS (2017)  Twin siblings share a creepy old mansion with the unseen "others" who force them to live by three simple commands: They must be in their beds by midnight, they must never let another person cross the threshold, and they must never leave each other all alone.  Well written, with a creepy, incestuous vibe, this Irish movie smacks a bit of FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC and WUTHERING HEIGHTS.  A ghost story that makes you think! 4/5

So no viewing of Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom yet?  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11101 on: June 21, 2018, 09:17:22 AM »

"Who The F**k Is That Guy?" (2017)
A documentary profile of Michael Alago, the '80s NYC club kid and music geek who went on to become a powerhouse A&R executive. This is the guy who signed Metallica to Elektra Records when he was barely old enough to drink, then went on to work with a host of other artists/bands across the genre spectrum. Various members of Metallica, White Zombie, Metal Church, the Misfits, the Cro-Mags and many more provide commentary on an interesting guy who's definitely led an interesting life.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11102 on: June 21, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE (2018) - Bart Millard is one of our home town heroes, a really nice guy who wrote a song that topped not just the gospel charts but also the secular billboards a few years back. "I Can Only Imagine" is a lovely and unforgettable tune, but the story behind it is even more remarkable: how the child of an abusive father overcame his broken relationship and experienced healing and wholeness with his dad.  I loved this movie, all the more so because I know the man whose story it tells.  5/5

THE LODGERS (2017)  Twin siblings share a creepy old mansion with the unseen "others" who force them to live by three simple commands: They must be in their beds by midnight, they must never let another person cross the threshold, and they must never leave each other all alone.  Well written, with a creepy, incestuous vibe, this Irish movie smacks a bit of FLOWERS IN THE ATTIC and WUTHERING HEIGHTS.  A ghost story that makes you think! 4/5

I have tickets for 7 PM tonight!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11103 on: June 21, 2018, 12:01:00 PM »

I have tickets for 7 PM tonight!

Somehow I have a mental image of you making that journey constantly checking the news to make sure no disaster has befallen the theatre and looking out the window to make sure the moon isn't about to crash into the earth.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11104 on: June 23, 2018, 05:44:44 PM »

"Last Action Hero" (1993)
Thanks to a "magic ticket," a young film buff suddenly finds himself transported into his favorite shoot-em-up film franchise, where he fights bad guys alongside his hero "Jack Slater" (Arnold Schwarzenegger). This flick wants to parody the cliches' of action movies and while it isn't always successful, it's got enough in-jokes amidst the butt kicking and stuff blowing up to keep viewers entertained.

The behind-the-scenes drama while making "Last Action Hero" has become a legendary Hollywood cautionary tale, involving major budget overruns, frequent rewrites, disastrous test screenings, and last minute editing.  To add insult to injury, it opened the week after "Jurassic Park" in the summer of 1993, which totally crushed it at the box office. Ahh-nuld's film career never completely recovered.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11105 on: June 24, 2018, 04:59:53 PM »

"Dr. Butcher, M.D." (1981)
! No longer available Small | Large

The Americanized cut of 1980's Italian splatter-fest "Zombi Holocaust," in which an investigative team from New York travels to a South Seas island that's home to flesh-eating natives and a crazed doctor whose experiments on the locals have created a race of zombies. Whatever name this movie goes by, it's the same ridiculously gory nonsense. Fun to watch in a WTF sort of way but not a must-see by any means.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11106 on: June 25, 2018, 10:30:33 AM »

Hunter Prey - not my usual type of movie but pretty impressive. much more along the lines of Star Wars, Predator or a video game than Fatal attraction or a Something Weird adventure.

a prisoner of some sort (they wear masks like the Ghost singer) is being rounded up on some desolate planet. The group of bounty hunters chase him around and its a chess game and they get to know and respect each other as combatants, yadda yadda

Again it's not exactly my kind of thing and the only woman was a (fairly charming) computer voice, but I liked it

4/5

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11107 on: June 26, 2018, 10:06:10 AM »

"Amityville 3-D" (1983)

A journalist who specializes in debunking supernatural phenomena moves into the famed house at 112 Ocean Avenue, planning to write an article on his experience. Naturally, this turns out to be a spectacularly bad decision for him and his family. 

The third "Amityville" installment was released a year after Spielberg & Hooper's "Poltergeist" and borrows heavily from its plot, but it isn't nearly as much fun. The 3-D gimmick adds nothing to this slow moving flick full of cheap scares and even cheaper special effects. Useless trivia, "Amityville 3-D" features early-career performances by the then-unknown Meg Ryan and Lori ("Full House") Laughlin as a pair of teenyboppers!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11108 on: June 28, 2018, 07:54:29 AM »

"Star Wars: The Last Jedi" (2017)

In the latest "Star Wars" epic, Rey tracks down Luke Skywalker for help discovering her Jedi destiny, then battles the evil Kylo Ren. Meanwhile Finn and Poe fight to save the remnants of the Rebellion from a final all-out assault.
"Last Jedi" got tons of hate from fanboys who were apparently p**sed that the film didn't live up to the personal fan fictions they were carrying around in their heads, but I thought it was great and it still made about a bazillion dollars at the box office, so either I'm easy to please or the haters simply need to get off of YouTube and out of the house more often. Bring on Episode IX.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11109 on: June 28, 2018, 10:32:47 AM »

pitfall - pretty decent film noir about a guy who has an affair with a moll type lady (Lizabeth Scott) and thus p**ses off the wrong people and gets into bad circumstances. Scott was not known for her acting prowess and comes off as a cross between lauren bacall and Norman Bates dressed as his mother but somehow it works. The story is a good noir combination of middle america and the seedy side of things and supporting characters motivations and performances have more depth than usual. The wife played by Jane Wyatt cold have been more "driving her husband to an affair ish", instead shes more or less normal and nice, if not at all my type.

4.5 /5
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 05:55:35 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11110 on: June 28, 2018, 05:44:18 PM »

CARGO (2017)  Martin Freeman (THE HOBBIT trilogy, SHERLOCK) plays a father trying to protect his baby daughter in post-zombie apocalypse Australia.  He has 72 hours from the time he is bitten before he transforms; he must evade those who have already turned while trying to find uninfected people who are willing to take on his child.  More drama than horror; this is a well done film with some genuinely creepy moments.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11111 on: June 30, 2018, 07:57:40 AM »

"Violent Cops" (aka "Crimebusters," 1976)

A soldier (Henry Silva) and a detective (Antonio Sabato) team up to investigate how common Italian street thugs are getting their hands on military-grade machine guns. Naturally, this leads to lots of shoot-outs, vehicle chases, and fist fights.  In other words, this is a pretty typical "poliziotteschi" flick, i.e. short on plot but loaded with cartoonish ultra-violence. Entertaining junk.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11112 on: July 01, 2018, 09:03:44 AM »

"Battle Beyond the Stars" (1980)

When a peaceful planet is threatened by a galactic conqueror, they send a young emissary out into space to recruit mercenaries willing to help them fight the bad guys.

Roger Corman's "Star Wars" knock off is essentially "The Magnificent Seven" set in outer space, with surprisingly lavish (by Roger's standards anyway) sets and effects and a cast full of familiar faces like Robert Vaughn, Sybil Danning, John Saxon, George Peppard and Richard "John Boy Walton" Thomas. It doesn't have an original bone in its body, but "Battle Beyond the Stars" is enjoyably cheesy comic-book fun.

Useless trivia: a young James Cameron was a special effects technician on this movie. Corman recycled special effects shots, set pieces and even bits of the musical score from "Battle" in other movies for years afterward, including "Space Raiders," "Forbidden World," and his aborted "Fantastic Four" adaptation.

316zombie
« Reply #11113 on: July 01, 2018, 12:35:24 PM »

highrise

i couldn't explain this if you gave me a million bucks. it is VERY twisted.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11114 on: July 01, 2018, 05:50:14 PM »

"Beast With a Gun" (aka "Mad Dog Killer" and "Ferocious," 1977)

A quartet of prison escapees rape, murder, and Rob their way across the Italian countryside until a tough police inspector (Richard Harrison) makes it his personal mission to bring the gang's leader (Helmut Berger) to justice.
Yet another cheap, sleazy slab of Eurocrime, featuring the usual awkward dialog and poor dubbing, comically over-the-top ultra-violence, and a decent amount of female eye candy (thanks to Austrian beauty Marisa Mell of "Danger! Diabolik" fame). Trashy fun!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:59:54 PM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 739 740 [741] 742 743 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.