Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:55:02 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110069 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11130 on: July 21, 2018, 06:49:36 PM »

Swordsman 2 - I've been in a world of hurt lately and was very glad to see this sentimental favorite. it's a bunch of kung fu people flying around and so forth. Briggite lin, Jet Li

5/5
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11131 on: July 22, 2018, 10:42:44 PM »

Monster A Go Go - an astronaut comes back from outer space, but is turned into a radiation monster that goes on a killing spree.
My feelings for it is that this is probably the worst old bad movie that I've seen that had a singular plot ( unlike Fun in Balloonland that had a story, but switched to a narrator masturbating to balloons) I seriously missed watching Manos for about 50 minutes of the film. When the plot started to move again then it was ok, but that ending with s one of the biggest f**k you endings to a movie.

yeah no.
Pacman000
« Reply #11132 on: July 23, 2018, 09:09:41 AM »

The Fall of the Roman Empire

Long afternoons need long movies.  Wink Not a bad one; good acting & impressive sets.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11133 on: July 25, 2018, 04:39:08 PM »

ROMINA (2018)  I guess they were trying to make a Mexican version of I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, but this movie took that horrible, raw, awful premise from the classic 70's "real life monsters" movie and managed to make it boring and incomprehensible.  Mercifully short, it was still too long. 2/5

THE HATRED (2017) After World War II, one of Hitler's aides escapes to America and lives on a remote farmhouse, where he has custody of an ancient amulet that Hitler treasured.  This artifact removes all fear from those who wield it, but projects fear and hatred onto others around it.  Anyway, this Nazi-turned-Minnesota-farmer kills his teenage daughter for, well, being a teenager, and then in turn is murdered by his wife.  The house goes into foreclosure, and fifty years later, three college girls show up to spend the weekend there, caring for a 12 year old girl who is the niece to one of them.  Then the lost ghost of the murdered daughter and the sadistic, vengeful ghost of the murdered father give them a lousy weekend.   Moderately entertaining  but very derivative.  3/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11134 on: July 26, 2018, 07:41:38 PM »

The Fall of the Roman Empire

Long afternoons need long movies.  Wink Not a bad one; good acting & impressive sets.

Remade as Gladiator (2000 film.)
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11135 on: July 26, 2018, 08:50:11 PM »

WER (2014) - Wonderful werewolf movie; I watched it when it first came out on DVD, and bought a copy when Hastings shut down.  Finally got around to seeing it again last night.  GREAT horror film that works on all levels!  5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
316zombie
« Reply #11136 on: July 27, 2018, 10:03:11 PM »

winchester-very good, but not" i must own this" good. although i may change my mind after watching a couple more times before i send it back to netflix.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11137 on: July 28, 2018, 08:04:47 AM »

"Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage" (2010)

Way cool, in depth history of the Canadian power trio's long and storied career, loaded with vintage clips, interviews, and commentary from famous friends and fans incl. Gene Simmons, Jack Black, Billy Corgan, and more. A treasure trove of eye and ear candy for Rush fanboys and an entertaining, educational doc for newbs too.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11138 on: July 28, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »

"The Amityville Terror" (2016)
! No longer available Small | Large

A dysfunctional family moves into a creepy old house which, of course, has a dark past. When weird supernatural stuff starts happening, it's up to the teenage daughter to uncover the secrets of the house before it claims her and all of her loved ones. In other words... same sh*t, different movie!

...I've been on an "Amityville" kick lately for some ungodly reason, but this thing made "Amityville 3-D" look like the Royal Shakespeare Company.

I soon learned that this no-budget, community-theater level slab of schlock is part of a recent wave of cheap horror flicks that have no connection to the "real" Amityville franchise aside from the town's name in the title. So at least I learned that I can safely avoid the other in-name-only "Amityville" knock offs that are floating around my various streaming channels, like "Amityville Theater," "Amityville Asylum," "Amityville Death House," and "Amityville Exorcism."

AVOID.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11139 on: July 29, 2018, 02:57:44 PM »

"Alex Cross" (2012)

James Patterson's Detroit police detective (played by Morgan Freeman in two late '90s films) returns in this 21st century "reboot" attempt with Tyler Perry taking over the title role. This time out Cross has to stop a psychotic hit man (a supremely creepy Matthew Fox of "Lost") who's picking off some of the city's richest, most powerful business tycoons.
Though he's known mainly for goofball comedies and family dramas, Tyler Perry was surprisingly well suited for the film's fast-paced action sequences -- his portrayal of Cross is actually truer to the Patterson novels than Freeman's.
I enjoyed this one but apparently ticket buyers weren't ready to accept "Madea" as an action hero, so the flick tanked at the box office and the planned sequels were cancelled. Too bad.

Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #11140 on: August 04, 2018, 03:52:37 AM »

Conan the Barbarian (1982).
I finally caught up with the original Arnold version, and my god it is a slog. Nothing much happens for about two hours straight, there is hardly any dialogue, and most of the 'action' scenes are ridiculous. I don't mind slow movies per se, provided they have atmosphere or are beautifully filmed. This one is just boring. Also the bad guys are surprisingly ineffective, with Tulsa Doom limiting himself to staring ominously and shooting off the occasional snake, and as for his henchmen, I have seen more threatening heavies in Blake's Seven. Tulsa Doom has this 'changing into a snake' thing, which is impressive, but he just uses it as a party trick to slither away before the action happens.

One thing I learnt though, is that in barbarian times, everything was highly flammable.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11141 on: August 04, 2018, 01:41:52 PM »

"Coffy" (1973)

One of the all-time great blaxploitation flicks!
The ever-foxy Pam Grier is "Coffy," an E.R. nurse by day who goes vigilante by night, seeking revenge on the dope pushers, pimps and gangsters who turned her kid sister into a smack addict and put her nice-guy cop friend in a coma. As usual there are lotsa gun battles, car chases, and beat downs but the epic cat fight scene where Pam takes on a gang of hookers in the middle of a swanky party (lots of torn dresses = exposed boobs galore!) makes this one required sleaze viewing. A ton of funky retro fun!

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11142 on: August 07, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »

WICKED LITTLE THINGS (2006) - A very young Chloe Moretz stars in this gruesome tale of undead cannibalism!  In 1904, a dozen or so children were buried in a mine collapse when the greedy owner ordered a new tunnel blasted before the mine was cleared.  Now a recently widowed woman and her two daughters are moving into an ancient house on the same mountain, where the undead children emerge nightly from the mine in search of human flesh to devour.  Part of the "8 Films to Die For" series, this one was pretty well done overall. 3.5/5

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11143 on: August 07, 2018, 10:51:14 PM »

Lady in. The. Lake.  A film noir with detective Phillip marlow solving a murder and getting the same.  Also punching out a cop who assaulted him.  A real gimmick mogje as the film is filmed from Marlow's POV.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11144 on: August 09, 2018, 09:05:10 AM »

"Clerks" (1994)
Dante and Randal are two slackers who work in a New Jersey convenience store and its neighboring video shop. As they spend a hellish day at work dealing with weirdo customers and constant interruptions, they discuss their past and present relationships and dissect pop culture trivia while venting their frustrations with life in general.

Kevin Smith's hilarious, foul mouthed micro-budget debut (shot in black and white at the same South Jersey grocery store that Smith himself worked in during the daytime) is mandatory viewing if you were a disaffected, surly twenty-something in the early '90s, you have ever worked in retail, or you grew up in New Jersey. I happen to fulfill all three of those requirements, so this flick will never get old for me.

Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.