Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:42:51 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101176 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11190 on: October 01, 2018, 09:29:36 PM »

"Amityville: A New Generation" (1993)
Seventh (!) installment in the never-ending "Amityville" series has very little to do with the infamous Ocean Avenue home. Instead, a photographer and his artsy neighbors in a big-city loft are all affected by a supernaturally charged mirror that came from the Amityville house. This direct-to-video installment is more of a psychological drama than a horror flick, but no matter what genre you want to file it under, the movie is dull as dishwater. 
AVOID.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11191 on: October 02, 2018, 03:35:01 PM »

Schlock-tober entry #3:
"Death Ship" (1980)
Survivors of a cruise ship disaster climb aboard a passing boat that at first appears to be a drifting derelict ...but as they poke around its interior and weird/fatal stuff starts happening, it becomes clear that the group has boarded a former Nazi prison ship that is still haunted by the vicious spirits of its long-dead crew and inmates.
This '80s video store fave had one of the most iconic box covers of its day (how could any kid resist the image of that skull faced ship looming out of the mists?) and while it's obviously not a great film, it occasionally manages to create some moments of creeping dread in spite of the obvious budget restraints, hammy acting (esp. by George "Airport"/"Naked Gun" Kennedy as the increasingly crazed Captain) and frequent lapses in logic. Worth a look for '80s horror completists, but not an essential watch.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11192 on: October 04, 2018, 10:04:56 PM »

"Husk" (2011)
Stranded on a remote country road after an auto accident, a group of twenty-somethings find their way to a deserted farm house. They soon learn that the surrounding cornfields are home to a pack of homicidal scarecrows that won't let them leave. You can probably figure out the rest...
"Husk" won't win any awards for originality but it's atmospheric, creepy, fast paced and delivers the gory goods. Put this one on your Halloween watch list!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11193 on: October 05, 2018, 03:12:09 PM »

Schlock-tober entry #5:
"Flight 666" (2018)
Passengers on a red-eye flight from L.A. to New York are in for an even more hellish travel experience than usual, when the plane flies into an epic thunder and lightning storm, then gets invaded by vengeful spirits on a mission. Yeah, I hate when that happens too.

...obviously this is not the Iron Maiden concert film with the same name, but it's an entertainingly cheesy mashup of air disaster and horror flicks from our pals at the Asylum that  faithfully recycles all the cliches of both genres. The end result is actually one of their better flicks, with none of their usual D-list celebrity stunt casting and not a Sharknado in sight. Who'da thunk it?

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11194 on: October 05, 2018, 07:22:35 PM »

Killer Mermaid (2014) - a bunch of idiots who can't get killed off soon enough find a killer mermaid. "It's not funny and it's not fun" to paraphrase Billy Crystal 0/5

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11195 on: October 05, 2018, 09:41:42 PM »

Schlock-tober entry #6:
"Wrong Turn" (2003)
A group of twenty-somethings (including Jeremy "Law & Order" Sisto and Eliza "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Dushku) are pursued through the West Virginia backwoods by a clan of murderous inbred cannibals. Not much plot, but lots of mindless, gory, ultra-violent fun.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11196 on: October 06, 2018, 08:52:07 PM »

Hey RC,  I hope you watched svengoolie tonight,  they had "the return of the vampire" featuring your favorite actor playing "not count Dracula for legal reasons".

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11197 on: October 07, 2018, 03:55:29 PM »

"Justice Leagye" (2017)
With Superman dead, Batman needs to recruit some new super-powered players like Cyborg, Aquaman and the Flash to help him and Wonder Woman take on the other-dimensional villain Steppenwolf and his armada of para-demons...who of course wants to destroy the world. Just another day at the office, in other words.

"Justice League" isn't perfect, but it's faster-paced, less talky and way more fun to watch than the morose "Man of Steel" and "Batman vs Superman." This super-hero combo platter injects some much-needed life into the DC Universe series, but I wonder if it may be too late, since this flick under-performed at the box office and current rumor has it that Henry Cavill is done with Superman and Ben Affleck wants out of The Bat as well.

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11198 on: October 07, 2018, 04:07:26 PM »

Hellraiser Judgement: A  reboot of the hellraiser series. Pinhead has yet another new crew and a new actor who....isn't all that bad, really. Cenobites are now demons who punish sinners instead of ultimate sensation seekers. The box is discarded as obsolete and irrelevant in the current world. A total departure from the clive barker setting. I did like the scene where pinhead gives god the finger by defying an angel (Yes, an angel.) sent to hell to order him around.  This angel banished humans from the garden of eden and tries to push pinhead around. He lets her know hat he thinks of her and her master. A real grossout movie with people eating paper with sins written on them and vomiting, the other people eating the vomit to determine the guilt of the sinner. They really need to drop the hellraiser movies period, they have nothing to do with the clive barker books anymore at all.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11199 on: October 09, 2018, 06:22:17 AM »

Schlock-tober 2018, entry #7:
"Nightmare City" (aka "City of the Walking Dead," 1980)

A radioactive spill turns city dwellers into a horde of ultra-violent, throat slashing, machine-gunning,  blood drinking zombies. Can a TV news reporter and his wife get out of the city before it's completely overrun by the monsters?

Umberto Lenzi's action-packed, late-inning "Dawn of the Dead" knock off has been one of my favorite Italian sleaze-n-splatter flicks for years, in spite of its many flaws. It's never dull - it gets off to a ridiculous start and then keeps the WTF meter jammed into the red for its entire run time. Plot holes abound, the English dialogue is awkward, the dubbing sucks, the makeup and gore FX are hilariously cheap, and the ending is a total cop-out. Make no mistake, this movie is terrible... but it's *so* terrible that it's actually kind of awesome.

Couchtr26

« Reply #11200 on: October 11, 2018, 12:42:24 AM »

Fangs of the Living Dead (1969)

Anita Eckberg inherits a castle and is told she resembles a relative who dabbled in science/witchcraft to discover imortality. 

I'll be honest looking through some of my Mill Creek sets for a gem and like Adriana Ambesi. 

Ah, the good old days.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11201 on: October 13, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »

Schlock-tober entry #8:
"Satan's School For Girls" (1973)
When her sister dies under mysterious circumstances, a woman poses as a new student at the exclusive girls' academy she attended to find out what happened to her. Eventally she discovers Satanic cult activity going on behind the scenes. Yikes!
This irresisistibly titled, semi-classic slice of 70s made for TV horror cheez was produced by the legendary Aaron Spelling and stars two of his future "Charlie's Angels" (Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd). Enjoyably silly junk.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11202 on: October 14, 2018, 09:57:53 AM »

Schlock-tober entry #9:
"The Slayer" (1982)

Two annoying, bickering yuppie couples take a vacation trip to a secluded private island. They're supposed to be the only people there... but eventually someone or something starts picking them off one by one.

For a movie called "The Slayer," not a lot of actual slaying goes on here. With only four characters, it takes for-ever for this slow-moving flick to finally get into body-count gear; there are lots of long stretches where nothing much happens. To add insult to injury, it ends on a was-it-all-a-dream-or-was-it-real copout. 

Avoid!

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11203 on: October 14, 2018, 04:59:47 PM »

Schlock-tober entry #10:
"The Evil" (1978)
Richard Crenna is a doctor who buys a palatial old estate, hoping to turn it into a drug rehab facility. However, when the Doc and a group of associates begin work on renovating the place, a series of weird fatal "accidents" begin happening that appear to have supernatural origins. Can they figure out how to stop the curse before The Evil claims them all as victims?
A surprisingly cool slice of late '70s haunted-house cheese ala "The Legend of Hell House," "Amityville" or "The Changeling," elevated slightly above average thanks to the decent cast and a surprise final-reel appearance by Satan himself!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11204 on: October 14, 2018, 06:53:09 PM »

the Lon Chaney one where he is a foot knife thrower in the circus. 5/5
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 [747] 748 749 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.