Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:22:50 PM
714381 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2112914 times)
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11505 on: May 23, 2019, 09:59:56 PM »

Atomica.  Another  low budget, tiny cast, dark,  psychological horror movie. Kinda boring,  predictable with a canned plot. Can't really recommend it.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11506 on: May 24, 2019, 10:12:34 PM »

DEAD NIGHT (2017)

A mother takes her family to a remote mountain cabin for a spring break vacation and then brutally murders all of them.
Or does she?  A twisty thriller that presents two very different scenarios as to how this bunch wound up dead.
Not boring, not great, just sort of intriguing. 3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11507 on: May 26, 2019, 06:53:03 AM »

"The Titan Find" aka "Creature" (1985)
A space salvage crew encounters a crazy stranded German astronaut (Klaus Kinski) and a carnivorous whatchamacallit on one of Saturn's moons in this cheap, gory "Alien" knockoff. This flick doesn't have an original bone in its body, but it's enjoyable z-grade fun.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11508 on: May 26, 2019, 10:23:01 AM »

ALLADIN (2019)  This is the live action version of Disney's 1990's animated classic ALLADIN. I know the critics have panned it, but honestly, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Will Smith will never be Robin Williams, but he did bring his own brand of humor and charm to the genie character.  It's not deep or an instant classic, but it's a fun way to spend a couple hours at the movies. 3.5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11509 on: May 26, 2019, 10:38:07 AM »

RIFFTRAX: LASER MISSION: This terribly-plotted confusing action film set in Africa with Cubans and Soviets running around stars a bumbling Brandon Lee, who doesn't even kickbox well, and Debi A. Monahan's cleavage. No lasers. The commentary adds enough laughs to the silliness to make it worthwhile. 3/5

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11510 on: May 26, 2019, 10:30:47 PM »

JURASSIC WORLD: THE FALLEN KINGDOM (2018)  More dinosaur mayhem in this latest installment of the JP series.  Really, it was about everything you could want from a dinosaur movie - great visuals, peril, bad guys getting munched on, and a new scary genetically engineered dinosaur, as if we haven't seen how that ends already!  Loved it the first time I saw it, loved it this time too!  5/5

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11511 on: May 27, 2019, 01:02:54 AM »

The beyond 2017. An ambitious SF movie abiut a wormhole opening near earth, and a group of astronauts must have their brains transferred into robotic bodies to go thru it.  Supposedly set in 2019 it is clearly impossible for the technology to exist at that,  er,  this,  time.  The deus ex ending is simply too good to be believable.

Decent effects and some competent acting, an interesting story that bikes up to a huge letdown.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11512 on: May 27, 2019, 06:16:13 AM »

"Age of Dinosaurs" (2013)
A bio-genetics firm has re-created living dinosaurs, which of course escape and take to the streets of L.A., causing lots of cheaply CGI'd mayhem and destruction. Treat Williams is a firefighter who just wants to keep his teenage daughter safe from the critters. 

This typically cheesy knock-off of the "Jurassic" saga from The Asylum is entertainingly silly junk.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11513 on: May 27, 2019, 07:48:55 AM »

RIFFTRAX: LASER MISSION: This terribly-plotted confusing action film set in Africa with Cubans and Soviets running around stars a bumbling Brandon Lee, who doesn't even kickbox well, and Debi A. Monahan's cleavage. No lasers. The commentary adds enough laughs to the silliness to make it worthwhile. 3/5

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

He's a mercenary man, mercenary man, mercenary man........  Wink

I'm a teetotaler but this is one film you should not watch sober.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11514 on: May 27, 2019, 08:39:53 AM »

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it yet I did see"the clover field paradox"and for ghawd's sake avoid this.  It starts out with a lot of potential and becomes pure,  asinine drivel.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11515 on: May 27, 2019, 07:39:10 PM »

Lazy Monday afternoon double feature:

"John Wick" (2014)
Keanu Reeves is a retired professional assassin who goes back to work after Russian mobsters steal his car and (worst of all) kill his dog. This box office smash certainly doesn't have much plot, but it brings the mayhem in spades. This flick is simply one bad-ass action sequence after another. Tons of sadistic fun! Now I'm gonna have to catch the two sequels...

"Eaten Alive!" (1980)
An American heiress hires a guide and heads into the jungles of New Guinea to find her missing sister, who ran off and joined a Jonestown-style religious cult smack in the middle of savage cannibal country. You can probably figure out how well it turns out for everyone involved.
There isn't anything in this trashy man-eater saga (directed by Umberto "Nightmare City" Lenzi) that you haven't already seen in other Italian cannibal flicks, but it piles on so much sleaze and gross-out gore that you'll feel like you need a shower when it's over.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11516 on: May 28, 2019, 09:12:02 AM »

SERENITY (2019): A crusty commercial fisherman (Matthew McConaughey) entertains an offer from his ex-wife (Anne Hathaway) to kill her abusive multi-millionaire husband. Starts as a sunlit island noir and midway through takes a turn that is... odd, and less than satisfying. 2.5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11517 on: May 31, 2019, 10:13:55 AM »

Beast (2017) - seemingly a metaphor for today's stock market action, two weirdos meet and attempt to create a life for themselves on the British island somewhere where they live. fun and frolics amidst "they don't understand us" and nosy cop - isms. 5/5
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 08:00:30 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11518 on: June 01, 2019, 07:42:57 PM »

RIFFTRAX: BUFFALO RIDER: The movie is a western about a guy who rides a buffalo. Riding a buffalo is stupid; it has major disadvantges over a horse, including the fact that buffalo hunters want to shoot your mount. The people who made this were probably animal trainers (who were definitely not monitored by the Humane Society), because there are lots of wildlife shots and stunts, including a 10-minute digression where a racoon fights a cougar. The actual human actors, however, are rarely in frame. It's a terrible movie. The RT crew has an easy time ripping it apart. 3/5.

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11519 on: June 03, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »

Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)

After a freak accident, a yuppie turns invisible and runs from a treacherous CIA official, while trying to cope with his new life.

Considering all the mindless bashing this movie has on the Internet, I was very surprised when I discovered a thoughtful and entertaining flick. It's what you expect from Carpenter: a perfect mix between humor and drama, with the usual moral decisions the characters must take. Sam Neill is awesome as a villain, that grin is just great.
Overall, a satisfying experience, and a different approach from the usual "invisible man goes mad" plot. 3.5/5

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: 1 ... 766 767 [768] 769 770 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.