Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:07:37 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2112276 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11550 on: June 21, 2019, 07:48:26 PM »

Oh, and the Ark was not in Egypt.  It was buried beneath a truck stop in Spokane, Washington.  But the stuff with the Nazis was pretty accurate.

TeddyR TeddyR

Why in Spokane specifically?  TeddyR

The Knights Templar took a wrong turn as they were carrying the Ark to Oak Island and ran out of food and weapons, so they buried it near Spokane, but they left a map that was hidden by the Illuminati for centuries until one of the Rothschilds gave it to me at the end of World War II after I rescued him from a gay Nazi biker gang . . .

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11551 on: June 21, 2019, 07:50:23 PM »

Flatliners (remake) 2017 - I never saw the first one but the whole thing seemed more like a Scientology lesson than a horror movie. I liked the cute black chick and the keifer sutherland cameo. Ellen Page is clearly slumming it here 2.5/5

I picked that up - thinking it was the original - in the $5 bin at Walmart a few months ago.  Still haven't watched it lol.

I thought the first one was pretty good.  Atmospheric if nothing else.

Jack? Wow! Welcome back, brother!  TeddyR Cheers

Thanks Trevor!  I'll try to stop by more often  Smile

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11552 on: June 22, 2019, 10:13:59 AM »

High Lane (2009) - rock climbing horror with too much rock climbing and the horror is phoned in. Some cute girls and it's a decent low level time waster, but the "guy who just wants to escape and doesn't care about anyone else" stock character goes back to 70's disaster fare such as "Ants". Ultimately that's about the level this one belongs.  3/5

The Glass Key (1942) - Veronica Lake and some gangsters try and figure their way around a murder mystery. TCM gave it 3 stars but I'd say it's a solid 4. the story and all the actors are good even though it doesn't quite achieve greatness with all the combined elements.

Its the one where the thug assistant gangster guy has the creepy, homoerotic take on beating people up. it's not subtle at all and super disturbing.

4.5 /5

I said it was a solid 4 but I really enjoyed it
claws
« Reply #11553 on: June 22, 2019, 01:48:59 PM »

The Killing of a Sacred Deer (2017)

A surgeon's family become the target of revenge (or justice?) caused by a sixteen year old boy.
Artsy mystery-drama where everybody speaks like a robot, which was intentional I suppose. Soundtrack and cinematography: ™The Shining (1980).
This is the kind of film festival offering that make critics drool, yet when you watch it for the first time you can't help but giggle. As was the case with me and viewing guests, who thought the film must be a put-on. I need to rewatch before I can give it a proper rating.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 03:43:58 AM by claws » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11554 on: June 22, 2019, 05:51:31 PM »

"Angelfist" (1993)

A fine example of cheap, chop-socky cheese n' sleaze directed by exploitation legend Cirio H. Santiago (aka "the Filipino Roger Corman").

After her sister is killed in the Philippines, a lady cop from L.A. heads to Manila to find the murderer, and winds up embroiled in a fixed women's martial-arts championship and a terrorist plan to kill the U.S. ambassador... but trust me, none of the plot matters; All you need to know about this movie is that it has TOPLESS KUNG FU CHICK FIGHTS in it. Nuff said.

The film's busty, butt kickin' leading lady, Catya Sassoon, was a model and sometimes actress who also  happened to be the daughter of hair-care kingpin Vidal Sassoon. Sadly, she passed away from an apparent drug overdose in 2002.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11555 on: June 23, 2019, 10:21:39 AM »

MY NIGHTS WITH SUSAN, SANDRA, OLGA & JULIE (1975): Dutch softcore mystery/drama featuring a murder and a remote farmhouse inhabited by a retired model (Susan), a strange young woman who sleeps a lot (Julie), a pair of childlike bisexual maneaters (Sandra and Olga), and an insane man who lives in their walls. Very pretty, sexy girls (especially that naughty Sandra and Olga pair); the plot almost works with a strange atmosphere that is suspenseful, at first, but too slow to develop, then rushes to an end that leaves a few loose ends. 2.5/5.

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000: THE HORROR OF PARTY BEACH: In the feature, toxic waste mutates human/sea anemone hybrids into walking monsters with hot dogs in their mouths; meanwhile, Pearl and Brain Guy find themselves in Roman Times, pretending to be gods. A classic silly monster movie makes for a great comfort episode (and unlike some fans, I find the "Roman Times" arc amusing). 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11556 on: June 23, 2019, 03:15:14 PM »

"Firecracker" (1981)
A lady martial artist comes to the Philippines to search for her missing sister. After beating up on a bunch of local gangsters, drug smugglers, and assorted lowlifes, she ends up battling for her life in the (dun-dun-dun...) ARENA OF DEATH!
...if you're saying "Gee, that sounds an awful lot like that movie "Angelfist" you posted about yesterday," you are correct... which makes sense cuz this directed by the same guy (Cirio H. Santiago)! I guess like his American counterpart Roger Corman (who released this flick in the U.S.), ol' Cirio never met an idea he couldn't recycle. :D
In other words this is yet another cheap-o, chop-socky cheesecake karate flick with a cute (and frequently nude) leading lady. Therefore I was entertained.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11557 on: June 23, 2019, 06:58:43 PM »

The Rig (2010) - sea monster loose on an offshore oil rig movie.  Pretty standard stuff - guy's in a room alone, suspenseful music plays, get a glimpse of the guy in the rubber suit, blood splatters on the wall, repeat.  My favorite thing about it is that there's a girl working on the rig, her father runs the place, and he's none too happy about her going out with one of the guys who works there.  I thought that relationship was handled in a realistic and down-to-earth manner.  Other than that it was kind of below average;  for some reason after the climax, they stuck another "climax" in during the resolution which was just...unnecessary.  3/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11558 on: June 23, 2019, 08:39:54 PM »

"Hollywood Boulevard" (1976)
A young girl from the Midwest arrives in Hollywood, intent on making her mark as an actress. However, the only work she can get is at a disreputable B-Movie studio, making cheapies like "Machete Maidens."
Roger Corman produced this very funny spoof of low budget film making, directed by Allan "Rock n Roll High School" Arkush and Joe "Gremlins" Dante and starring Corman regulars like Dick Miller, Mary Woronov, and Paul Bartel. To pad out their thin story, Arkush & Dante filled out their flick with tons of stock footage from previous Corman productions like "The Terror" and "Death Race 2000." The result is cool, goofy fun for fans of vintage schlock..

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11559 on: June 24, 2019, 06:11:18 AM »

GOODFELLAS (1990)

The story of Henry Hill and his life in the mob, covering his relationship with his wife Karen Hill and his mob partners Jimmy Conway and Tommy DeVito in the Italian-American crime syndicate.

If I had to make a list of the most overrated movies of all times, this one will be in the third place, right under s**tizen Kane and The Big Lebowski. I couldn't believe how bored I was through this awful and unnecesary long movie. The characters are all terrible, the plot pretty much doesn't exist, it's just a bunch of random situations patched together. A lot of scenes are just padded into eternity: yay, five minutes filming people looking for a table, now that's quality storytelling right there.
And don't get me wrong, I enjoy mafia stuff: I loved Boardwark Empire, a series starring Steve Buscemi, but that's because a lot of the characters were sympathetic and you actually cared about their fates. Not to mention, there was a lot going on. Goodfellas was, to me, just a big scream saying "OMG MOBSTER ARE SO COOL!!1".

I think The Departed, a movie which I love, has everything that this one needs. And it's also made by Scorsese, so it's not like I have some kind of personal hatred about that particular director.

What's up with all the cooking anyways? It's not fun nor interesting, just saying. 1*5/5  Thumbdown

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11560 on: June 24, 2019, 07:32:59 AM »

GOODFELLAS (1990)

The story of Henry Hill and his life in the mob, covering his relationship with his wife Karen Hill and his mob partners Jimmy Conway and Tommy DeVito in the Italian-American crime syndicate.

If I had to make a list of the most overrated movies of all times, this one will be in the third place, right under s**tizen Kane and The Big Lebowski. I couldn't believe how bored I was through this awful and unnecesary long movie. The characters are all terrible, the plot pretty much doesn't exist, it's just a bunch of random situations patched together. A lot of scenes are just padded into eternity: yay, five minutes filming people looking for a table, now that's quality storytelling right there.
And don't get me wrong, I enjoy mafia stuff: I loved Boardwark Empire, a series starring Steve Buscemi, but that's because a lot of the characters were sympathetic and you actually cared about their fates. Not to mention, there was a lot going on. Goodfellas was, to me, just a big scream saying "OMG MOBSTER ARE SO COOL!!1".

I think The Departed, a movie which I love, has everything that this one needs. And it's also made by Scorsese, so it's not like I have some kind of personal hatred about that particular director.

What's up with all the cooking anyways? It's not fun nor interesting, just saying. 1*5/5  Thumbdown

I think it's overrated, but not quite 1.5/5 overrated! I might go as low as 3.5/5. Pesci's classic scene is worth a lot.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11561 on: June 24, 2019, 09:55:44 AM »

GOODFELLAS (1990)

I think it's overrated, but not quite 1.5/5 overrated! I might go as low as 3.5/5. Pesci's classic scene is worth a lot.

I was just so bored with it. In fact, I was with my girlfriend, who actually asked me to watch a mobster movie and I suggested Goodfellas, and halfway through (which felt like an eternity), we pretty much said "well, this is boring..." at the same time. We almost turned it off, if it wasn't because I rarely do that - something I reserve for movies that destroy my will to live.
The only scene which I actually enjoyed was when they stop in Pesci's mom house and have dinner, that was pretty funny. The rest is just plain dull, and since I couldn't care less about the characters, I was just begging for the movie to end. That, for me, it's the mark of a very bad film. I can forgive crappy cameras, bad effects, wooden actors, ridiculous plot, zero budget, but if I'm not entertained, then it's a real stinker. Bluesad

Last weekend we saw Mafia!, which is a spoof of The Godfather and it even has some Goodfellas scenes, and I sincerely thought it was a better mobster movie.  TongueOut

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11562 on: June 24, 2019, 10:22:37 AM »

American Nightmares. Any film where someone puts a baby in a sack and then beats against a pillar before stomping on it automatically gets a s**t score from me.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #11563 on: June 24, 2019, 05:33:36 PM »

Oh, and the Ark was not in Egypt.  It was buried beneath a truck stop in Spokane, Washington.  But the stuff with the Nazis was pretty accurate.

TeddyR TeddyR

Why in Spokane specifically?  TeddyR

Oh, I can answer that, having been born and raised and went to school in Washington State--western Washington State, or that part of Washington which is west of the Cascades. Spokane is in eastern Washington or that part of Washington which is east of the Cascades, where nothing ever happens. So, if any of you want to lose something, so that it is never found, Spokane is a good place to lose it.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11564 on: June 25, 2019, 06:19:55 AM »

"Mystery Men" (1999)
A group of small-time wanna-be super heroes with less-than-impressive powers have to step up when their city's "real" hero is captured by a maniacal super villain.
This funny, imaginative spoof of comic book movies (based on characters from the obscure "Flaming Carrot" series) has a great cast including Ben Stiller, William H. Macy, Jeanene Garofalo, Geoffrey Rush, and more. It was probably a little too "hip for the room" when it was released in 1999, but if it came out today in the midst of the current super hero movie craze it would probably do pretty well.

Pages: 1 ... 769 770 [771] 772 773 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.