Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:07:26 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110327 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11580 on: July 06, 2019, 12:10:59 PM »

"Soul To Keep" (2018)
A gang of annoying twenty-somethings are having a party weekend at a remote farm house. They make the mistake of messing with an old spell book they find in the cellar, and naturally things go downhill from there.
Barely watchable demonic-possession nonsense that you've seen a thousand times in a thousand other, better movies.
AVOID.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #11581 on: July 08, 2019, 03:27:35 PM »

BLOODY BLOODY BIBLE CAMP - I saw this as a freebie on Amazon Prime and decided to give it a watch.  It checks all the bad movie boxes with a large dose of deliberate offensiveness thrown in (Ron Jeremy as Jesus?  Really?)

Hey at least they had him being played by a Jewish actor. How many times does that happen?  I mostly remember him being played by Jeffrey hunter and max von sydow, neither of which looked very jewish.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:52:14 PM by Svengoolie 3 » Logged

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11582 on: July 10, 2019, 06:29:49 AM »

THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE (1974)

Two siblings and three of their friends en route to visit their grandfather's grave in Texas end up falling victim to a family of cannibalistic psychopaths And must survive the terrors of leatherface and his family.

As a horror fan I was quite embarrassed of not having watched this one, so I gave it a moment of my time this weekend. Damn, it's so well done. It's amazing how good it looks, if it weren't for the silly hairtcuts and clothing it would've passed as a new movie, except for the fact that this one is actually great. Not to mention, the crappy budget they had at their disposal. Nowadays the have loads of cash and yet they go straight for the awful CGI.
Funny how Leatherface isn't even the main villain, but rather part of a whole family. The grandpa sucking the girl's finger was far more disturbing for me. I actually thought he was a corpse, then when he started moving I was like Buggedout.

Amazing classic, totally recommended. 5/5  Thumbup

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11583 on: July 10, 2019, 08:18:16 AM »

"The Package" (2018)
Disaster strikes five teens on a camping/drinking weekend when one of the group accidentally cuts his (ahem) thang off while playing with a knife. Once he's been Medivac'd away, his friends then have twelve hours to find their pal's missing member and get it to the hospital so it can be re-attached. Obviously, they will encounter a series of wacky obstacles and have various misadventures along the way.

...soooooo yeah, basically this ultra-raunchy teen comedy is a 90 minute series of dick jokes.

I rolled my eyes at my 16 year old son when he recommended this Netflix original to me after seeing it at a friend's house ("Oh my GOD, Dad, you GOTTA see this movie, it's SOOOOO funny!"), and yes, it was gross, tasteless, and dumb as a box of rocks... but dammit, I can't lie, I laughed out loud quite a few times. This is the kind of movie that's best enjoyed with a few beers and with your brain turned off.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11584 on: July 10, 2019, 05:42:57 PM »

"Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil" (2011)
A pair of hillbilly buddies take a weekend trip to their remote mountain fishing cabin, which soongoes horribly wrong after an encounter with some college kids who've seen too many horror movies. Mayhem ensues.
A very funny, very gory spoof that takes every cliche' of the "backwoods horror" genre and turns them all upside down. Tons of silly fun.

316zombie
« Reply #11585 on: July 10, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »

i absolutely LOVED tucker& dale once i finally got to see it all the way through. bought it the day after i got it from netflix and kept the rental to rewatch until MY dvd arrived, lol!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11586 on: July 11, 2019, 02:45:40 AM »

"The Package" (2018)
Disaster strikes five teens on a camping/drinking weekend when one of the group accidentally cuts his (ahem) thang off while playing with a knife. Once he's been Medivac'd away, his friends then have twelve hours to find their pal's missing member and get it to the hospital so it can be re-attached. Obviously, they will encounter a series of wacky obstacles and have various misadventures along the way.

...soooooo yeah, basically this ultra-raunchy teen comedy is a 90 minute series of dick jokes.

I rolled my eyes at my 16 year old son when he recommended this Netflix original to me after seeing it at a friend's house ("Oh my GOD, Dad, you GOTTA see this movie, it's SOOOOO funny!"), and yes, it was gross, tasteless, and dumb as a box of rocks... but dammit, I can't lie, I laughed out loud quite a few times. This is the kind of movie that's best enjoyed with a few beers and with your brain turned off.

When I saw the title, I thought you meant this

Then I realized it can't be that film because no one loses their thang in that.  Buggedout Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11587 on: July 11, 2019, 07:54:03 AM »

^^ Haha, I've seen that "The Package" too! I even mentioned it to my son while we were watching this one. I was like 'This is a looooong way from Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones." :D

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11588 on: July 11, 2019, 07:56:34 AM »

^^ Haha, I've seen that "The Package" too! I even mentioned it to my son while we were watching this one. I was like 'This is a looooong way from Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones." :D

TeddyR TeddyR

I nearly bit through my tongue with that ending.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11589 on: July 13, 2019, 09:50:12 AM »

RIFFTRAX: OMEGA COP: Incredibly cheap "post-apocalyptic" adventure (set in 1990 on deserted streets to simulate the apocalypse) about a crotch-kicking "Omega" cop who collects a trio of wasteland babes while fighting slavers. The guys have a lot of fun with it. 3/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11590 on: July 13, 2019, 05:33:39 PM »

"Vendetta" (1986)
After her sister is murdered in a corrupt womens' prison, a movie stuntwoman gets herself sentenced to the same institution so she can get revenge on the gang who killed her. Yep, that's the whole plot.
This very silly, so '80s it hurts women-in-prison flick is pretty typical for the genre, in that there's plenty of nudity (of course), comical fight scenes, and all-around horrendous acting. Entertaining enough if you've had a few beers.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11591 on: July 14, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »

SPIDERMAN: FAR FROM HOME   (2019)

After the death of many of the original Avengers in ENDGAME, Peter Parker (Tom Holland), returned from "the Snap", finishes high school and gets ready to head to Europe for his senior trip, wondering if he will find the opportunity and intestinal fortitude to profess his affection to MJ.  But while he is in Venice, the city is attacked by a huge elemental water creature, which is fought off and destroyed by a strange costumed figure the media dubs "Mysterio." (Jake Gyllenhall).  Mysterio enlists Spiderman to help him fight off the next Elemental, who is scheduled to attack Prague.
Full of humor, drama, great effects, and solid performances, this is the best SPIDERMAN since Spidey faced off against Doc Ock in SPIDERMAN 2.  Holland has really stepped up and owned the role that I thought Toby McGuire would own in my mind forever.  Be sure to stick around for the post-credit scene!
5/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11592 on: July 14, 2019, 08:47:16 AM »

HOLY TRINITY: A dominatrix finds she's able to speak to the dead after huffing cans of new age air freshener, but her newfound viral celebrity threatens her relationship with her submissive partner. With the whole cast dressed in over-the-top homemade glam costumes and heavy dosses of weird sex, drug abuse and sacrilege, this is sort of like John Waters done by artfags (in the most complimentary sense of the term). Seldom a dull moment. 2.5/5

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11593 on: July 16, 2019, 10:45:04 AM »

My Winnipeg (2007) - This is the second documentary about Winnipeg I've seen after "Death By Popcorn: the tragedy of the Winnipeg Jets"

It's an artsy autobiographical documentary but still a documentary I guess. Winnipeg is extremely cold and snowy this point is effectively conveyed. Its generally his angst and so forth abuot his upbringing colored with historical tidbits about the place. They have (or had) a building that had 3 floors with a pool on each floor. Isn't that interesting?

ann Savage from Detour (1945) of all people plays his mom in a 4th wall sort of thing. Its a Rev Powell sort of movie but pretty well made and likeable.

4/5
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11594 on: July 16, 2019, 11:54:36 AM »

Its a Rev Powell sort of movie but pretty well made and likeable.

BounceGiggle

Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774 775 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.