Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:33:57 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2099922 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11670 on: September 07, 2019, 10:41:31 AM »

RIFFTRAX: SILENT RAGE: Sheriff Chuck Norris faces off against a serial killer who's been genetically modified so that he's essentially immortal. A really dumb film: the Rifftrax commentary can't rescue this loser, only make it tolerable. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #11671 on: September 07, 2019, 11:38:51 AM »

I dunno. I think Silent Rage is entertaining enough on its own.

Norris said that he received negative feedback from fans over his love scenes. He subsequently resolved to avoid them in the future.

TeddyR
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11672 on: September 07, 2019, 01:34:03 PM »

I dunno. I think Silent Rage is entertaining enough on its own.

Norris said that he received negative feedback from fans over his love scenes. He subsequently resolved to avoid them in the future.

TeddyR

Just not my kind of bad movie, I guess. I've never been much for the bad 80s action stuff for some reason.

Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11673 on: September 07, 2019, 04:22:35 PM »

Moon zero two. Hammer's only straight up sci fi movie with no horror or monster.

A good movie with some awful scenes. Ignore the awful scenes (the gravity scene in the bar... Ugh.) and you get a decent sf movie. Maybe the first movie to deal with salvaging space junk for profit.

The tech is dated of course.

This was Catherine Schell's first trip to the moon.  It was also the worst costume she ever wore. She apparently liked the moon so much she returned for another visit in a much better outfit in the first season of space:1999, then returned for a prolonged stay in the second season.

James Olson turns in a good performance as a fiercely indeoendent "spacer" facing financial problems.

The effects were good for the day. All in all a movie worth watching.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11674 on: September 07, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

rev - did you ever see the MST3K one with the Ed Wood movie about the "smut racket"? I thought that was great
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11675 on: September 13, 2019, 08:37:45 PM »

"One Armed Executioner" (1981)

You know what you're gonna get with a title like that, huh? 
...an Interpol agent in Manila tangles with drug dealers who kill his new bride and cut off his arm. After drowning in booze and self pity for awhile, he learns how to kick ass single-handedly and goes out for revenge.
This primo slab of action packed Filipino-sploitation from the makers of "They Call Her Cleopatra Wong" features the usual awkward dubbing, hilarious overacting, and TV cop show production values. This would make for a great double feature with the equally WTF "Mr. No Legs."

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11676 on: September 14, 2019, 12:15:37 PM »

rev - did you ever see the MST3K one with the Ed Wood movie about the "smut racket"? I thought that was great

I only saw THE SINISTER URGE in the original non-MST3K version. I remember liking it all right. I will see the MST someday.

Last night I watched Rifftrax version of GAMMERA THE INVINCIBLE. Just as GAMERA ripped off GODZILLA, GAMMERA THE INVINCIBLE ripped off GODZILLA, KING OF THE MONSTERS by adding a bunch of useless exposition with American characters. It makes a pretty bad movie even worse, since all the Americans do is take time out to TALK ABOUT WHAT THE JAPANESE HEROES ARE DOING TO FIGHT GAMERA. Jokes are reasonable, though I miss Tom Servo singing to his pet turtle Tibby. How did they lose track of the giant murder turtle? 3/5

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11677 on: September 14, 2019, 04:56:08 PM »

"The Mutilator" (aka "Fall Break," 1985)
This flick had one of the most irresistible tag lines of the VHS era: "By sword... by pick...by axe...bye bye!" Unfortunately the movie doesn't come close to living up to that promise.
Ten years ago, a kid accidentally killed his Mom in a gun-cleaning mishap. When he's summoned to the family's deserted beach condo to close it up for the seaso, he and his college friends use it as an excuse for a party weekend. Unfortunately his now-psychotic Dad starts picking them off one by one.
...sooo yeah, this is ultra cheap slasher junk with an even thinner premise than usual for the genre. A few bloody kills dont make up for the totally amateur-level production values and performances.
As I'm so fond of saying: AVOID.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11678 on: September 15, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »

MAD DETECTIVE (2007): An insane detective---whose psychic abilities give him a crime-solving edge, but who is prone to unprofessional behavior like attacking fellow cops in a paranoid rage and cutting off his ear as a retirement gift for a superior---comes out of retirement to help with the case of a missing policeman whose gun has been used in several murders. We see a lot of things from the mad detective's perspective, but, although some viewers complained of being confused, I found it almost trivially easy to figure out what was real and what was a hallucination. The mystery would have been far too obvious to generate suspense on its own without the subjective twist. An interesting and effective experiment. 3.5/5

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11679 on: September 15, 2019, 02:56:42 PM »

"Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw" (1976)
A pre-"Wonder Woman" Lynda Carter makes her feature film debut in this "Bonnie & Clyde" update  as "Bobbie Jo," a naive small town waitress who falls for a charming drifter (Marjoe "Starcrash" Gortner) and becomes his partner in a series of bank robberies. Naturally this leads to lots of car chases, gun battles and explosions.
Honestly, this is a pretty run-of-the-mill '70s redneck-sploitation flick but it's worth watching just for Ms. Carter, cuz she was **ridiculously** hot at this time, and as she even gets her Wonder-boobs out a couple of times as an added bonus. If I'd known about this movie when I was 12, I probably would've watched it a hundred times. :D

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11680 on: September 18, 2019, 08:02:00 AM »

ELECTRIC DRAGON 80000V (2001): Visually spectacular film about (deep breath) a boxer who becomes an human electrical battery after going through shock therapy, which turns him into an electric guitar-obsessed lizard detective and brings him unwanted attention from a half-man, half-metallic Buddha whose also been shot up with electricity... Basically, experimental Japanese metalheads made a surrealistic black and white superhero movie, and if that sounds awesome to you, I won't argue. Pretty deep in the not-for-everyone woods, though. 3.5/5.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11681 on: September 22, 2019, 06:50:33 AM »

"13 Sins" (2014)
A down-on-his-luck man thinks his troubles are over when he starts receiving mysterious phone calls, offering him large sums of money to perform various "challenges" ... which start out simple enough but quickly escalate into more dangerous and horrific tasks. By then, of course, there's no way to quit "the game."
A cool, darkly funny horror thriller, apparently based on a film from Thailand.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11682 on: September 22, 2019, 04:29:24 PM »

"Captain Marvel" (2019)
It's 1995 and a female Air Force pilot turned space warrior is caught in the middle of a war between two alien races, with Earth as the prize, in the latest Marvel mega-hit.
"Captain Marvel" has all the usual fancy special effects and big action sequences we expect, Brie Larson is clearly having fun as the alien-powered heroine, and Samuel L. Jackson is a hoot as usual, playing a younger version of his S.H.I.E.L.D. badass Nick Fury... but in spite of all that, I thought that this was a fairly pedestrian entry into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It's entertaining enough for one watch but I doubt I'll ever feel a need to revisit it. Maybe the Marvel formula is beginning to wear thin, or I'm just nearing the point of super-hero burnout.

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #11683 on: September 23, 2019, 06:29:29 AM »

"2:22" (2017)
After nearly causing a crash, a stressed out air traffic controller is placed on leave, and soon he begins to notice repeating "patterns" in his every day life that somehow connect him and his hot new girlfriend to a tragedy that took place 30 years prior.

I was surprised at how quickly I got involved in this strange mashup of the romance, psychological drama, and time travel thriller genres (when my wife first picked it, I said "What is this Lifetime Movie s**t?" Haha), but its weird vibe drew me in right away.

Useless trivia: IMDb sez this movie holds the unique distinction of being the lowest grossing movie of 2017. During its one week theatrical run, it earned a grand total of $422. 

Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11684 on: September 23, 2019, 06:39:59 AM »

THE FOG (1980)

An unearthly fog rolls into a small coastal town exactly 100 years after a ship mysteriously sank in its waters.

Another classic from my favorite director John Carpenter. A very simple movie in which the scenarios make the most of it, the story take us into an extremely engaging old legend about some sailors which died during a strange event, and as the 100th anniversary occurs, the truth unfolds.
There's zero gore but the atmosphere is simply amazing, and the look of the drowned sailors is great, especially by the end of the movie. Also, Tom Atkins and Jamie Lee Curtis are always great. They have great chemistry between the two of them, I wonder why they didn't make more movies together.
Check this one out, it's great. Extra points if you happen to be in a coastal town! 8/10  Cheers

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: 1 ... 777 778 [779] 780 781 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.