Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:46:06 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110056 times)
Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4665 on: February 28, 2012, 03:29:14 PM »

"WitchSlayer Gretl"

Silly SyFy Channel crap that feels like some 14 year old girl's fairy tale fan-fiction gone horribly wrong. "Hansel and Gretl" are now all grown up. Problem is, Gretl's body has been taken over by a witch, and Hansel, who's now a Witch Slayer, has to either save or destroy her. So yeah, the title doesn't make any sense (Hansel is the Witch Slayer, not Gretl!) but that's the least of this flick's problems. The dialogue is pure Medieval Times nonsense, the special effects are hilariously cheap, and the male lead looks like a slightly less portly Kevin Smith. Worst of all, the main reason I tuned into this piece of crap was to see Shannen Doherty as the evil witch queen cuz I've had a crush on her since I was 14....aaaaand let's just say time is finally catching up to the poor girl. Sigh. This was bad, and not even the usual SyFy Channel "good" kind of "bad."

This one seemed like it had potential but like you said it just didn't quite work on several levels.

As Syfy often does they changed the name of the movie at least twice. The title up until about 10 days before airing was "Gretl: Witch Hunter".

The male lead was Paul McGillion who is well known for playing Dr. Carson Beckett on Stargate: Atlantis.  He was very wooden here.

Kevin

Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

Saturday B Movie Reel (covering Syfy channel & other B movies)
http://www.saturdaybmoviereel.com

Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre TV shows)
http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4666 on: February 28, 2012, 11:06:35 PM »

Redneck Zombies

What can I say about this film, other than it's utterly fascinating and entertaining on so many levels. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #4667 on: February 29, 2012, 12:32:26 AM »

Birdemic: Shock and Terror

the last time I watched this wonderful film I was sober and loved it

tonight I'm very drunk and just finished this gem and it is somehow more enjoyable

10/5 for one of the best bad movies of all time

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4668 on: February 29, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »

Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus (2010) - some miners in the Democratic Republic of the Congo wake up Crocosaurus (who's about 20 times too big to fit in the mine he was hiding in), and meanwhile Steve Urkel from Family Matters is now a scientist in the Navy and he and the doctor from Star Trek Voyager are after Mega Shark. This starts out kind of slow and bad, but by the midway point it turns into your typical Asylum production:  babe in a tight tank top, laughably bad CGI, and one ludicrous scene after another after another. Mega Shark eats a nuclear submarine - he just swims up behind it and swallows it whole.  BounceGiggle A helicopter crashes and ten minutes later it's flying around good as new. Our two antagonists swim from California to Hawaii in about 5 minutes. And the entire country of Panama (which is apparently REALLY small) is wiped out. Oh and Urkel causes a volcano to erupt using a basketball sized thing that emits sound waves. And on and on it goes, where it stops nobody knows.  TeddyR 4/5.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:57:33 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4669 on: February 29, 2012, 07:56:16 AM »

"WitchSlayer Gretl"

Silly SyFy Channel crap that feels like some 14 year old girl's fairy tale fan-fiction gone horribly wrong. "Hansel and Gretl" are now all grown up. Problem is, Gretl's body has been taken over by a witch, and Hansel, who's now a Witch Slayer, has to either save or destroy her. So yeah, the title doesn't make any sense (Hansel is the Witch Slayer, not Gretl!) but that's the least of this flick's problems. The dialogue is pure Medieval Times nonsense, the special effects are hilariously cheap, and the male lead looks like a slightly less portly Kevin Smith. Worst of all, the main reason I tuned into this piece of crap was to see Shannen Doherty as the evil witch queen cuz I've had a crush on her since I was 14....aaaaand let's just say time is finally catching up to the poor girl. Sigh. This was bad, and not even the usual SyFy Channel "good" kind of "bad."

This one seemed like it had potential but like you said it just didn't quite work on several levels.

As Syfy often does they changed the name of the movie at least twice. The title up until about 10 days before airing was "Gretl: Witch Hunter".

The male lead was Paul McGillion who is well known for playing Dr. Carson Beckett on Stargate: Atlantis.  He was very wooden here.

Kevin

Yeah, in fact if you look under "movies" on on SyFy's website the title still shows up as "Gretl: Witch Hunter" ...

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #4670 on: February 29, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »

Last night: "Meridian" (1990)

Small | Large

Odd mix of Gothic romance and creature feature from Charles "Puppet Master" Band. A very young, very hot Sherilyn Fenn ("Twin Peaks") plays an American college girl who inherits an Italian castle, which comes complete with ghosts and an ancient curse.

Almost like a softcore "Beauty and the Beast," the story doesn't make much sense but Fenn spends about a quarter of the film topless so I was entertained.  TeddyR

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4671 on: February 29, 2012, 10:22:51 AM »

THE IRON ROSE (1973): Young lovers are trapped in a cemetery at night and then... nothing happens.  Two characters, lots of scenery, little dialogue or action, less sense. I liked the other two Jean Rollin films I saw, but this one shows him at his slow-paced, self-indulgent worst. 1.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4672 on: February 29, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »

Got this the other day....

I've only seen one film so far, an '08 release called DEATH ON DEMAND, a boring dead-teenager flick about a webcast in the obligatory haunted house, with the ghost of a demented mountain climber providing the (badly done ) gore.

I thought they quit making this crap after Jason and Freddy ran outta steam.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #4673 on: February 29, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »

Talk about a classic!

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #4674 on: February 29, 2012, 01:55:48 PM »

Last night: "Meridian" (1990)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Hd86_beeY

Odd mix of Gothic romance and creature feature from Charles "Puppet Master" Band. A very young, very hot Sherilyn Fenn ("Twin Peaks") plays an American college girl who inherits an Italian castle, which comes complete with ghosts and an ancient curse.

Almost like a softcore "Beauty and the Beast," the story doesn't make much sense but Fenn spends about a quarter of the film topless so I was entertained.  TeddyR

I got that recently; it was okay, keeping in mind it was Full Moon.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4675 on: February 29, 2012, 03:43:38 PM »

Talk about a classic!

Love this one!  I actually felt bad at the end when the creatures die   Bluesad

Hold onto your dreams ....
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4676 on: February 29, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »

Talk about a classic!

Love this one!  I actually felt bad at the end when the creatures die   Bluesad

Rodan...Rodan...

Didn't he also sculpt The Thinker?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4677 on: March 01, 2012, 06:04:11 AM »

Robocop early this morning on Netflix.  Even better than I remembered.  Awesome!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4678 on: March 01, 2012, 07:33:08 AM »

Creature Unknown (2004) - repeat viewing. Some kids get together for a reunion at a cabin out in the woods. They have a little memorial service for the brother of one of the guys who died at the cabin several years earlier. I guess they didn't notice they were in a movie called Creature Unknown, because otherwise they might have stayed home. I really enjoyed the characters in this, they were very likable and believable. The only unlikable one got killed off first. The girls were very easy on the eyes as well. There were a couple of unexpected plot twists at the end too. The creature was fair, just a guy in a suit but he wasn't bad.  4/5.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:29:59 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
claws
« Reply #4679 on: March 01, 2012, 07:55:35 AM »

Tomcats (1977)

Four thugs go on a rape and murder spree. Since justice can't keep them in jail the brother of one of the victims takes the law in his own hands.

Cheap but gritty revenge thriller set in sunny Miami. Not bad for what it is but its certainly not as good as the rather high IMDb rating suggests.

The script was written by Wayne Crawford (playing the main thug) and he was obviously living out his own male fantasies: women are treated badly or are portrayed as sluts. Crawford would later gain some sort of cult status for his involvement in Night of the Comet (1984), Valley Girl (1983) and Jake Speed (1986). 3/5
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.