Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:46:44 AM
714153 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2107866 times)
Bella
« Reply #7140 on: January 16, 2014, 11:47:55 PM »

The Way-Martin Sheen puts in a great performance in this very inspirational film by Emilio Estevez. 8/10

This is 40-The movie was suppose to be funny, but it really lacked in that department. 4/10
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7141 on: January 17, 2014, 07:26:50 AM »

The World Is Not Enough (1999) - Bond (Pierce Brosnan) is assigned to protect an oil heiress (Sophie Marceau), and uncovers a terrorist plot to nuke Istanbul in order to steer more business towards Marceau's new pipeline. Marceau makes an excellent villain and Brosnan makes an adequate Bond. There's plenty of action and you even get Denise Richards as a nuclear physicist BounceGiggle Pretty entertaining entry in the franchise. 4/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Bella
« Reply #7142 on: January 17, 2014, 05:03:15 PM »

The Internship~ Another film that I went into thinking it was going to be really funny with both Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson in it, but it really didn't make me laugh. The story however wasn't too bad as it kept me awake throughout the entire film. 5/10.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7143 on: January 18, 2014, 09:24:35 PM »

Bellla- I've heard really bad things about This is 40. From what I can tell it basically belongs on this site in the worst way.

Some Chantal Ackerman movie (1990's) - This took me like a month too watch. It's just shots of people in the streets of Eastern Europe. It's a great movie if you like to talk over movies. other wise about a 2.5/5 as it's just long shots of mundane things, people standing around in the cold at like a bus stop, not without their charm but no story at all.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:32:06 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
claws
« Reply #7144 on: January 19, 2014, 03:07:23 AM »

Cat People (1982) (Blu-ray)

Irena (Nastassja Kinski) - still a virgin - visits her brother Paul (Malcolm McDowell) in steamy New Orleans. Some time later Paul disappears and a black panther appears mauling a prostitute. The animal is captured and put into a zoo which Irena visits the very same day. She feels attracted to the panther and falls in love with a zoo employee named Oliver. Soon enough Paul returns and tells Irena that they both are cat people - if they make love with humans they will transform into a black panther. If they want their human form back they must kill. However, safe sex is guaranteed if they sleep with their own kind. Irena, not up to a incestuous relationship with her brother, flees to a getaway with Oliver. Can Irena contain the beast within or will she give herself to Oliver endangering his life?

Slow paced erotic horror "classic" that caused a bit of media attention and controversy upon release. Stylish and sizzling, with an interesting cast, setting and plot. 4/5
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7145 on: January 19, 2014, 08:24:39 AM »

"Land of the Lost" (2009) - action comedy update of the 70s kid show, with Will Ferrell as bumbling scientist Rick Marshall, whose experiments trap him in an alternate dimension full of dinosaurs, cave people and evil alien Sleestaks. Forgettable but fun while it lasted.

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7146 on: January 19, 2014, 02:58:21 PM »

KISS OF THE DAMNED (2012): A newly turned vampire adjusts to life with his undead lover, but her reckless human-hunting sister threatens their undercover lifestyle. Some good erotic scenes, but KISS takes itself ridiculously serious for something that is essentially a sexy vampire movie that almost could have played on Skinemax. 2/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7147 on: January 19, 2014, 03:11:54 PM »

RIDDICK (2013)  Everybody's favorite galactic criminal is stranded on a desert world with all kinds of hostile alien creatures.  He finds a way station and activates a distress beam which reads his identity and broadcasts it; now he has to defeat two groups of bounty hunters who come to claim the reward on his head.  Fun, gory action Romp with Vin Diesel doing what he does best: kicking rump and feeling no pain!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ChaosTheory

« Reply #7148 on: January 19, 2014, 03:50:02 PM »

Bellla- I've heard really bad things about This is 40. From what I can tell it basically belongs on this site in the worst way.

It was bar-none the worst movie I saw last year.  Apatow at his meanest and most self-indulgent.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
VenomX73

« Reply #7149 on: January 19, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »

RIDDICK (2013)  Everybody's favorite galactic criminal is stranded on a desert world with all kinds of hostile alien creatures.  He finds a way station and activates a distress beam which reads his identity and broadcasts it; now he has to defeat two groups of bounty hunters who come to claim the reward on his head.  Fun, gory action Romp with Vin Diesel doing what he does best: kicking rump and feeling no pain!

I enjoyed it. Pitch Black was better tho, Imo...

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7150 on: January 19, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »

CHaos- this was the article I was thinking of

http://takimag.com/article/the_unbearable_dullness_of_judd_apatow_gavin_mcinnes

"This Is 40 is one of those rare films that is so unforgivingly awful, it’s worth watching. What was apparently intended to be a quirky peek at Judd Apatow’s real-life family is so universally hated, it’s actually bringing people together.

The first time I saw the movie, I fell asleep. As I drifted off, I remember my pregnant wife punching the couch in a rage. She was furious she had stayed awake this long and was going to be tired all day for a film that was so ponderous, it makes Wuthering Heights look like a Tweet..."
ChaosTheory

« Reply #7151 on: January 19, 2014, 05:26:01 PM »

CHaos- this was the article I was thinking of

http://takimag.com/article/the_unbearable_dullness_of_judd_apatow_gavin_mcinnes

"This Is 40 is one of those rare films that is so unforgivingly awful, it’s worth watching. What was apparently intended to be a quirky peek at Judd Apatow’s real-life family is so universally hated, it’s actually bringing people together.

The first time I saw the movie, I fell asleep. As I drifted off, I remember my pregnant wife punching the couch in a rage. She was furious she had stayed awake this long and was going to be tired all day for a film that was so ponderous, it makes Wuthering Heights look like a Tweet..."

Yeah , pretty much.  Also, I noticed this in one of the comments:
"I think Apatow movies are the perfect representation of our modern culture - they manage to be completely vulgar and yet somehow puritanical."
That's Apatow in a nutshell.  His movies go all over the place with the raunchy jokes but the core message is always "Men! Go to work and repress your feelings!  Women! Raise children and don't attempt any life outside the home!"  In his earlier work, there was at least some level of empathy in his characters; but lately, the guy's head is so far up his own ass I don't know how he's even still breathing.

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7152 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:29 AM »

HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME (1923): Deformed bell-ringer Quasimodo takes it upon himself to protect the beautiful and kindhearted gypsy girl Esmeralda when she is falsely accused of murder. The silent version with Lon Chaney is understandably overshadowed by the magnificent talkie with Charles Laughton, but this one is fast-paced and spectacular by silent film standards, packing quite a bit of Victor Hugo's novel into about two hours. 4/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #7153 on: January 20, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »

Shanghai Knights (2003): A Chinese rebel/traitor named Wu Chow (Donnie Yen) teams up with an overly ambitious British Lord  Rathbone (Aidan Gillen) who has designs on the throne to murder Chon Wang's father, the keeper of the Imperial Seal. Chon (Jackie Chan) with Roy O' Bannon (Owen Wilson) in tow make their way to late nineteenth century England where they meet up with Chon's sister Lin (Fann Wong) in the search for their father's murderer and the Imperial Seal of China.

Sequel to Shanghai Noon that I actually found more entertaining and slightly less predictable. Sure it stretches believability on numerous occasions but nevertheless this one I felt was rather fun. There's some great Jackie Chan action sequences in this one that mix his usual blend of comedy and kung fu fighting skills. Fann Wong adds to the action element in this one as well and there's some rather notable supporting characters for this one as well. I honestly felt it was a step up over the original although there's some elements here certainly familiar to other films starring Chan. **** out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7154 on: January 21, 2014, 09:21:33 AM »

Sure it stretches believability

Buggedout

A Jackie Chan movie stretching believability?  Say it isn't so!   TongueOut
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.