Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:12:18 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2111688 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7530 on: May 20, 2014, 06:12:44 AM »

Last night I watched THE MUMMY RESURRECTED, a film which had a lot of potential but wound up being a huge ball of suck, with no plot, no acting, and no over-the-top violence or nudity.  I wasted $1.50 on that rental!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7531 on: May 20, 2014, 08:21:03 AM »

"Terror of Mechagodzilla" (1975) A mad scientist teams up with space aliens intent in world conquest, and together they sic the giant dinosaur Titanosaurus and the robot Mechagodzilla on Tokyo. This obviously attracts the attention of The Big Green Guy, who does the usual Monster Mashing to defend his turf. Enjoyable nonsense.

I have watched this movie so many times now - I know every line by heart.

It's my favorite Godzilla movie next to Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)

I am not 100 percent sure but I think "Terror of Mecha-G" was the first Godzilla movie I ever saw as a kid in the 70s. Our local ABC station used to air "The 4:30 Movie" on weekday afternoons and I can remember watching this one during "Monster Week."

I hadn't seen it since then, but I still remember how grossed out my 9 or 10 year old self got when the cyborg chick committed suicide by shooting herself in the stomach, and you could see all the robot parts on her insides. Oddly enough I remembered nothing else about the movie except that scene! Hahaha. It was a hoot seeing it again after all these years.

Favorite line of dialogue: "Katsura, even if you are a cyborg, I still love you. None of this is your fault."  BounceGiggle

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7532 on: May 20, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »

MST3K Future War - really just about the worst sci fi action movie ever, even with Jean Claude Van Damme. Stupid dinosaurs chase him into places with empty boxes. If you ever see empty boxes run. There is way way infinity too much time spent on the ridiculous characters future Van Damme meets including an annoying ex nun who somehow runs everything and tubby guys who are run by her. late nelson era effort 4/5
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:50:40 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7533 on: May 20, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »

"Doomsday" (2008) 30 years after a virus has devastated Britain and turned Scotland into a qurantined no mans land, a team is sent into the hot zone in the hopes of finding a cure. Unfortunately they're gonna have to get past opposing clans of Medieval warriors and psycho mutant cannibal bikers to get to it.
Neil "The Decscent" Marshall's post apocalyptic action epic doesn't have an original bone in its body but it's still a hella fun ride that borrows heavily from "Escape From New York" and the "Mad Max" series, to name just a few. Hyper violent, action packed gory fun!

VenomX73

« Reply #7534 on: May 20, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »

"Terror of Mechagodzilla" (1975) A mad scientist teams up with space aliens intent in world conquest, and together they sic the giant dinosaur Titanosaurus and the robot Mechagodzilla on Tokyo. This obviously attracts the attention of The Big Green Guy, who does the usual Monster Mashing to defend his turf. Enjoyable nonsense.

I have watched this movie so many times now - I know every line by heart.

It's my favorite Godzilla movie next to Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974)

I am not 100 percent sure but I think "Terror of Mecha-G" was the first Godzilla movie I ever saw as a kid in the 70s. Our local ABC station used to air "The 4:30 Movie" on weekday afternoons and I can remember watching this one during "Monster Week."

I hadn't seen it since then, but I still remember how grossed out my 9 or 10 year old self got when the cyborg chick committed suicide by shooting herself in the stomach, and you could see all the robot parts on her insides. Oddly enough I remembered nothing else about the movie except that scene! Hahaha. It was a hoot seeing it again after all these years.

Favorite line of dialogue: "Katsura, even if you are a cyborg, I still love you. None of this is your fault."  BounceGiggle

Small world - my 1st Godzilla movie was Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla...
Fuzzy memory on this - I kinda remember after that was Gamera vs. Guiron (1969)

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7535 on: May 21, 2014, 07:17:46 AM »

No Man's Land: The Rise of Reeker (2008) - a serial killer is executed but his ghost shows up back in the desert where he lived. And now he's got supernatural powers. Some people who are eating at a nearby diner get cut off from the outside world because of an invisible wall around the area (kind of the coolest thing about the movie), and they seem to be living in some altered reality where no one can die unless killed by this "reeker" guy. This was decent. The characters were okay and there were some cool special effects. Plot was mildly interesting I suppose. 3.5/5.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Ticonderoga 64
Disillusionist

« Reply #7536 on: May 21, 2014, 09:06:19 AM »

Byzantium(2012)..Gemma Arterton as a hooker-vampire!
Attack Of the Fifty-Foot Woman(1958)..Allison Hayes as the big mama on a rampage after encountering a jewel thief alien.
Vengeance Of the Mummy(1973)..Paul Naschy starts as the eternal life seeking corpse and as the High Priest providing him with nubile sacrifices..
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7537 on: May 21, 2014, 10:28:00 PM »

"Big Ass Spider!" (2013) Los Angeles is under attack by a... well, you know, and it's up to an exterminator and his security guard sidekick to help the military get rid of it. A very funny, tongue in cheek horror spoof that was a cut above the usual SyFy channel schlock.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 10:05:32 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7538 on: May 21, 2014, 11:11:04 PM »

Today I watched LIZARDMAN, which was about a man in a very phony lizard suit terrorizing Los Angeles, and a Polonia Brothers crapfest entitled CAMP BLOOD: FIRST SLAUGHTER.  I was not particularly entertained by either.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7539 on: May 22, 2014, 09:02:20 AM »

THE REAL BRUCE LEE (1973): A hastily assembled hodge-podge of documentary footage, badly preserved clips of Bruce Lee as a child actor, a clip from Lee impersonator Bruce Li, all finished off with a compressed feature (about an hour long) from successor Dragon Lee, cobbled together to cash in on the icon's passing. Pathetic Brucesploitation, but at least it didn't try to pass Li or Dragon off as the real thing. Alone, the unedited Dragon Lee feature would be fairly entertaining, but this presentation is just insulting. 1/5.

The Dragon Lee feature (whatever it is) has a Japanese villain with a Hitler mustache; when he's defeated, his second-in-command grows a Hitler mustache. This one would probably be 3/5 or higher if viewed on its own.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7540 on: May 22, 2014, 07:56:12 PM »

Beer Drinkers in Space (1983) - Horrendous quality, it looks like a 4th generation bootleg on the DVD, but winningly stupid Star Trek/ Wars parody from a bunch of Disney employees in their spare time. 3 guys including one really gay guy are delivering beer to planet Nebula 7-11. They face challenges like a space pirate guy shooting at them and having to deal with "Liebenshrom" things that are these little froggy alien puppets.

When someone says "Code Yellow" they drink beer. It's mostly just them making tons and tons of bad jokes. for the reissue they hacked off 30 minutes that you won't miss. I've never heard Drake's song about starting at the bottom and now we're here but this is the bottom. fun though and there's even a tiny bit of tension here and there to keep things almost interesting

4/5
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:12:58 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #7541 on: May 22, 2014, 10:01:29 PM »

"My Bloody Valentine" (1981) A small town's Valentine's day celebration is rudely interrupted by a eackjob in a miner's outfit with an axe to grind. One of the better entries in the 80s slasher cycle.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #7542 on: May 22, 2014, 11:04:34 PM »

I got nothing but Trouble, a very very VERY dark and disturbing 80s horror comedy with Dan Aykroyd, Checy Chase, Demi Moore, and John Candy. 

It's just a very weird movie, and it baffles me that it's got so many big names in it. 
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #7543 on: May 22, 2014, 11:12:43 PM »

Digital Underground was in that.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Pilgermann

« Reply #7544 on: May 23, 2014, 01:04:45 AM »

Death Powder (1986) - One of the earliest Japanese Cyberpunk films and it barely makes a lick of sense.  A couple of folks are trying to track down a replicant for whatever reason, one guy gets "death powder" blown into his face by the android which causes him to go through bizarre physical changes (and apparently be inhabited by the replicant's mind or soul or whatever).  There's some conflict with some hackers or mutants or who-the-hell-knows called Scar People.  There's also a music video-ish scene about the scientist who made the replicant, and some other things.  It's kind of like there was once a narrative and it was scrapped in favor of a strange mood and weird visuals.  I enjoyed it very much!  8/10

Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla II - Entertaining 90's G-film where Godzilla is pitted against man who've built a new Mechagodzilla to combat him.  Lessons of nature and all that follow.  Plus a cute baby Godzilla!  7/10

Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.