Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:17:51 AM
714258 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110739 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9765 on: July 07, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »

Last  night I watched a movie called THEY FOUND HELL, in which a group of college students managed to open a portal to the nether world while trying to create a transporter device.  Most of the movie is them trying to find their way out of hell while the various denizens of the region try to kill them!  Some of the CGI is a bit cheesy, but the gore effects are great and the movie is actually a lot more disturbing than the horror/comedy vibe the cover gives off.  Judging by the editing cuts, it was made for TV, but if so it was the goriest made for TV movie I have ever seen!  4/5

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9766 on: July 07, 2016, 03:33:27 PM »

THE INCREDIBLE 2-HEADED TRANSPLANT (1971): A suburban mad scientist sews the head of a homicidal maniac rapist onto the body of a giant child-man; it seemed like a good idea at the time. Unfortunately, other than a few meek murders and former Marilyn Munster Pat Priest getting locked inside a dog cage (!), very little happens in this would-be exploitation flick that fails to live up to its outrageous premise. If you can only see one two-headed transplant movie in your lifetime, see another one. 2/5.

Probably a good idea, so may I recommend "The Thing with Two Heads" from 1972, where Ray Milland has his head sewn on to the body of an Afro-American played by Rosie Grier. Also starring Don Marshall, Roger Perry, Chelsea Brown, and Rick Baker as the Gorilla.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #9767 on: July 07, 2016, 03:55:14 PM »

The Shadow of the Tower (1972)
Episode 9
Do the Sheep Sin?

53. What affects others does not affect us. Wrong yesterday. And wrong today.

54. How do you change oppression?

55. Edmund Dudley. Probably one of the few people ever executed for doing his job too well, which was collecting taxes under King Henry II. Thus to appease the populace, Henry VII's son, King Henry VIII had Edmund executed. Both Edmund's son, John Dudley, and teenage grandson, Guildford Dudley, were also executed for treason. These under Henry Vii's granddaughter Queen Mary I.
And of course, the actor playing Edmund, in the TV miniseries looks nothing like the real Edmund.

56. Wars have ever been used as an excuse to raise money.

57. Your "friends" will actually screw you over worst than you "enemies" at time, as you think you can trust your friends.

58. One strength of this TV miniseries that even the worst of the characters is given some complexity of character.

Episode 10
The Man Who Ne'er Was

59. Why not do a comic opera Scottish accent? We have heard so many other comic opera accents.

60. This should make one satisfied with what one has. So many people have reached for something out of their reach, missed, fallen, and broken their neck or been beheaded.

61. Work to overthrow what is perceived as an unfriendly government. Same today as yesterday.

62. Metaphors: fire, the plum.

63. There are only 2 types of people that I fear: the highly rational like King Henry VII and the highly irrational like King Henry VIII.

Next time: episodes 11 and 12.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9768 on: July 09, 2016, 06:48:10 AM »

"RoboCop: Meltdown" (2001)
Small | Large

In chapter two of the "Prime Directives" saga, O.C.P. uses the remains of Murphy's dead partner to create a new and improved RoboCop model... but naturally, things don't go exactly as planned.
Meanwhile an ambitious/ruthless young O.C.P. exec's experiments with artificial intelligence have created a new "living" computer system called "Saint," which proves fatal to his rivals on the company's executive board...

This segment sets up some interesting conflicts for part three!

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9769 on: July 09, 2016, 09:42:16 AM »

MST3K: THE LEECH WOMAN: In this week's experiment a woman discovers a secret African formula for eternal youth, but has to continually kill men for their pineal glands or she reverts to her actual age. Meanwhile, the Satellite of Love is orbiting the Planet of the Apes and Professor Bobo is trying to get Pearl to play the part of Lawgiver.  In only the second Sci-Fi Channel episode, the cast is not up to speed yet, and they're stuck with a mediocre Universal yawner to watch; it's one of the low points of the series. 2.5/5.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9770 on: July 09, 2016, 04:21:50 PM »

Rainy Saturday afternoon, perfect for a schlocky double feature...

"Silent Madness" (1984)
Small | Large

A computer error accidentally frees a homicidal maniac from a mental hospital after ten years, and he immediately heads back to the sorority house that was the site of his original crime to pick up where he left off.  You can pretty much figure out the rest.
Pretty standard '80s slasher silliness, originally released in 3-D. I've seen better but Lord knows I"ve seen worse.

"Electra One" (1967)

Tedious French/Italian/Spanish Eurospy nonsense. An international jewel thief gets mixed up with American, Chinese and Russian spies, when he accidentally comes into possession of a briefcase filled with the antidote to a powerful mind-control drug.
...at least, that's what the description on IMDb says this movie was about. To me, it seemed like 90 minutes of poorly dubbed fistfights and car chases strung together with no plot or story whatsoever.
AVOID.

claws
« Reply #9771 on: July 10, 2016, 05:28:53 AM »

The Invitation (2015)

After a tragic event two years ago a divorced and slightly unstable man and his new girlfriend are invited for a friendly visit at the house of his ex-wife and her new husband. Several long time friends also join in on the fun, but the unstable man is suspecting his ex is planning something evil...

Indie flick that came with tons of praise. If you don't expect a traditional horror film you might enjoy this. Literally nothing much happens in the first hour except for a few gentle moments of psychological paranoia. The payoff is pretty intense even though not all that surprising. 4.5/5
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9772 on: July 10, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »

THE APPLE: yikes!

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9773 on: July 10, 2016, 01:02:27 PM »

Great, wasn't it?!  Thumbup TongueOut

FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9774 on: July 10, 2016, 02:33:47 PM »

"The Decline of Western Civilizaton" (1981)
Small | Large

The first film in Penelope Spheeris' documentary trilogy centers on the Los Angeles hardcore punk scene circa 1979-80 and features interviews and live performances by Black Flag, X, Fear, the Germs, Catholic Discipline and the Circle Jerks.
I've seen the second film in the "Decline" series, "The Metal Years," a bunch of times over the years but never saw the original till today. Comparing the two, it seems like music aside, the punk scene of '80 wasn't all that different from the hair-metal scene in '87 - both were populated by a lot of obnoxious, substance-addled morons who really didn't have much to say.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9775 on: July 11, 2016, 03:00:31 AM »

Great, wasn't it?!  Thumbup TongueOut

When I saw this douche bag in it, I knew I was in trouble.  TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #9776 on: July 11, 2016, 03:57:47 PM »

The Legend of Tarzan [2016] - visually majestic and plain awesome. I support the choice of those involved to not make this an "origin story" movie, instead having bits of that particular narrative interspersed with the story being told by the movie. I cackled from my belly many times throughout the movie as the action sequences, especially those involving animals, were super awesome. Plus, Christoph Waltz as the villain? Hells yeah! Thumbup

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9777 on: July 12, 2016, 08:53:35 AM »

ILSA: SHE-WOLF OF THE S.S. (1974): A busty commandant of a Nazi medical camp experiments on her prisoners, torturing the females and sleeping with the men (who are castrated or killed if they can't satisfy her.) It's pure S&M fetish sleaze, but it delivers the shock goods and Dyanne Thorne has an, er, presence (if not too much talent), making it a tiny bit better than most of its kind. 2.5/5.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9778 on: July 12, 2016, 10:07:11 AM »

Min and Bill (1930) - decently entertaining old movie about a "wharf rat" and her haggard but like secretly nice mother figure Min. Min owns the bar/ barbershop/ hotel place and the girl works there instead of going to school. It's all very turn of the century you know. Theres a quasi love interest ( of Min who is not very pretty) guy who helps out and the girls long lost real mother shows up sometimes to be a pain.

Salt of the Earth sort of stuff with rough people livin the best life they know how. Some slightly, for the time, more colorful language and scenerios due to the pre codedness helps to make this an enjoyable if not essential time capsule

3.75 / 5
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:18:30 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #9779 on: July 13, 2016, 07:11:11 AM »

"RoboCop: Resurrection" (2001)
Small | Large

In the third chapter in the "Prime Directives" mini series, RoboCop is rescued and repaired by a resistance group who are trying to stop a former OCP scientist turned terrorist hacker from unleashing an "apocalypse virus" on the world.
Meanwhile, those pesky corporate OCP suits continue to try to shut RoboCop down, leading to the usual wall-to-wall ultra-violence.
I'm starting to get the feeling that this entire story could've been told in two movies, because much of this third installment feels like padding. Still, I'm going to watch "Crash & Burn" soon to finish out the saga because I'm a loyal Robo-Geek.

Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.