Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:16:59 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2101230 times)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »

Ringu - 8/10

I though it was good, wasn't as scary as I though it would be.

Underground Comedy Movie -600/10

Worst MOVIE ever.  I only watched 25 mint of the film, and I feel I've seen 25 min too much.  Stupid humor and stupid unfunny jokes.  It's like a bad episode of SNL and MadTV combined but the jokes are replaced with tasteless toilet humor.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2007, 08:19:53 PM »

BLACK SHEEP (2007)  *** out of ****.
How can you go wrong with killer sheep?  This movie is quite a lot of fun and the premise alone (killer sheep on the loose in New Zealand) makes it worth a rental for fans of bad movies.  Peter Jackson's WETA effects shop did the effects work in the movie.

I Spit on Your Grave  **1/2 out of ****.
Memorable mainly for the prolonged rapes and a man getting his wang doodle cut off in a bath tub by the female lead, the movie really drags in places and maybe with about 15 minutes being removed making it a tight 85 minute exploitation flick, I could rate it *** instead.  Worth a look however.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 10:23:52 PM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo

« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2007, 10:23:16 PM »

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End  (unrated)  *** out of ****
While not a great move by any means, it is still a lot of fun.  Henry Rollins rules in his performance as usual as a survivalist fronting a survivor type reality game show called The Apocalypse.  There are some fantastic kills in the movie and only one reeks of CGI though it is a well staged and gruesome effect.  I thought that it was a bit better than the 1st movie and as a slasher film of sorts, it works. And thanks to the flick's unrated status, it is very brutal and very bloody as well.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2007, 09:24:57 PM »

The Wackiest Wagon Train in the West (1976)

Stars Bob Denver as Dusty, a clueless cowpoke helping Skip...a wagon master named Callahan (Forrest Tucker reduced to playing a wannabe Skipper). Basically Gilligan goes west only Gilligan is the only member of the original "Gilligan's Island" gang on board. The rest of the cast does include characters just like those on the show...a rich man and his wife, a young spunky brunette, a hot blonde saloon hostess,  and a smart educated man who basically acts like a professor. There's really nothing new here to be found. One is much better off watching some reruns of the real "Gilligan's Island".

* out of ***** stars.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2007, 11:34:36 AM »

Clerks 2- 2 and a half stars.  I'd probably rank this higher, but the first is probably my all time favorite comedy, so in my mind, it's very hard to live up to.  But Clerks 2 isn't bad either.  New guy Elias is hilarious, and Pillow Pants is the oddest scene in the movie.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2007, 05:45:20 PM »

The Wackiest Wagon Train in the West (1976)

Stars Bob Denver as Dusty, a clueless cowpoke helping Skip...a wagon master named Callahan (Forrest Tucker reduced to playing a wannabe Skipper). Basically Gilligan goes west only Gilligan is the only member of the original "Gilligan's Island" gang on board. The rest of the cast does include characters just like those on the show...a rich man and his wife, a young spunky brunette, a hot blonde saloon hostess,  and a smart educated man who basically acts like a professor. There's really nothing new here to be found. One is much better off watching some reruns of the real "Gilligan's Island".

* out of ***** stars.

Somebody  must have liked it...it was made into a Saterday morning TV show in the 70's! (It sucked too.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2007, 06:46:45 PM »

Yeah the movie is apparently 4 episodes of the TV Series smashed together. Still one's better off watching "Gilligan's Island".

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2007, 06:50:08 PM »

The Amazing Transparent Man  (1960) -  A master safe cracker gets broken out of prison by a mysterious benefactor.  His liberator wants him to steal "fissionable materials" for him to use in his quest to create an army of invisible so he can hold the world hostage.   

Just another take on the invisible man, only this time set in the atomic age.

The Phantom Planet (1961) - Space Hunk Frank Chapman is sent to discover what's happening to those missing earth ships.  Frank end up on a planet full and 6" high people.  When exposed to their atmosphere Frank turns small too, and just in time to get two horny space babes fighting for his attentions.  Oh, and there's also one the girl's jealous would-be boyfriend to contend with .

The monsters in this one are called Solarites and they look like the film makers were going for the Metaluna Mutant look and ended up with something that looked like it came from Barney and Friends.

This one has few not-so -bad effect scenes.

Gerry (2001) - Directed by Gus van Sant, Casey Affleck and Matt Damon play two morons who wander off  of a nature trail in Death Valley. The movie mostly consists of the two walking endessly trying figure out where they started out.  There isn't much dialogue and most of it seems to be adlibbed

A pretty boring way to spend a couple of hours.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2007, 08:00:54 PM »

Cannibal! The Musical- *** out of ****.  Great little flick.  I go quoting it all the time.  Just wish others knew what the hell I was mumbling to myself.  BounceGiggle

Pilgermann

« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »

I just watched Day of the Animals and I'm suprised how enjoyable it was.  Now that I've seen a couple of Girdler films I want to see the rest!

dinosaur_jr.
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2007, 10:23:12 PM »

The Black Dahlia (2006)

And here I thought it was going to be a realistic look at the case. WRONG. I felt it tried too hard to be noir-ish and the made up ending was just bogus IMO.

2 out of 5

I bought that movie in a videogame store(mint condition),because i was interested and it was cheap(was new at the moment,so the store prices were higher) and I can understand now the reason hehe, I only saw half of the movie i guess..someday i´ll finish it..but without any hope.

About TRON...I like that movie. TeddyR

Continuing the Topic.

Los Violadores(Mad Foxes) -  yuppie vs. nazi biker  gang ...funny crappy movie.

Suicide Club - really i didn´t finish it (I´m kind of lazy lately), but i like it so far.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2007, 08:46:53 AM »

TransFormers- I really liked it.  I'm not much for Michael Bay's movies, outside of Coyote Ugly, but this was really well done.

Freaks- Good movie.  Saw it on TCM last night, part of their Friday Fright Fest thing all month.  First time I saw it.  Good stuff.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »

Freaks- Good movie.  Saw it on TCM last night, part of their Friday Fright Fest thing all month.  First time I saw it.  Good stuff.

I watched it too! Also watched MARK of the VAMPIRE before hand. Wanted to stay up and watch DEVIL DOLL and the UNKNOWN-but I hadda get to bed...being I knew I would be doing duct work for my furnace today...which I just finished...dam! Whatta job! I got what they call a Michigan basement...half fruit cellar and half crawl space. Whatta pain in the ass dragging pipe through a dirt and stone crawl space!

Oh...MARK of the VAMPIRE: I like this movie...the cinematography is beautiful...but Lionel Barrymore overacts  and babbles waaay too much. And I HATE the cheat ending. On the up side...Lugosi looks great...and Carol Borland looks greater! In my opinion-she steals the show!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2007, 07:35:43 PM »

Child's Play 2 (1990)

Well this managed to exceed my low expectations for a sequel. While it never really comes close to recapturing the creepy, unsettling eerieness of the first film, it has its fun moments. The exciting conclusion in particular is an entertaining actionfest with some great FX work even if it does perhaps owe something to THE TERMINATOR.  That said, there's loads in this movie that doesn't really hold up to close scrutiny such as it never being explained how Chucky escaped from the basement at one point but couldn't at another and Chucky's slowness to take action at times. Still better than I expected it would be. ** 1/2 out of *****.

Attack of the Giant Leeches (1959)

The overall premise is great fun. Giant leeches infest a backwoods Southern swamp and begin chowing down on the white trash locales. Unfortunately lead Ken Clark is unbelievably wooden and the FX is laughable making this film often tough slugging. Nice to see the then gorgeous Yvette Vickers getting a chance to show off some skin and getting a chance to play an early scream queen. Still when a film that runs 62 minutes feels a lot longer than that to watch, well something is amiss. Still this bad movie can be fun if you're in the right sort of mood to have some fun with it. ** out of *****
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 07:38:18 PM by JaseSF » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #104 on: October 20, 2007, 09:40:04 PM »

I watched it too! Also watched MARK of the VAMPIRE before hand. Wanted to stay up and watch DEVIL DOLL and the UNKNOWN-but I hadda get to bed...being I knew I would be doing duct work for my furnace today...which I just finished...dam! Whatta job! I got what they call a Michigan basement...half fruit cellar and half crawl space. Whatta pain in the ass dragging pipe through a dirt and stone crawl space!

Oh...MARK of the VAMPIRE: I like this movie...the cinematography is beautiful...but Lionel Barrymore overacts  and babbles waaay too much. And I HATE the cheat ending. On the up side...Lugosi looks great...and Carol Borland looks greater! In my opinion-she steals the show!

They showed the Monkees classic HEAD at 2, but I didn't get to watch cause I had to get up early for work.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.