Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:15:40 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2110080 times)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2007, 06:56:11 AM »

I finished Castle in the sky which is a great animated film, and I also watched The Truman Show again.  The Truman show has become one of my favorite films of all time.  I think I'm going to start watching Manos: Hands of Fate tonight.  I need a bad movie to get me out of my depression, and I feel this movie would do it.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2007, 09:34:47 AM »

I love Boogie Nights.  Great cast, too.  Don Cheadle, Julianne Moore, John C. Reilly, Phillip Seymore Hoffman and Heather Graham naked.

Speaking of Heather Graham really quick, man does she still look fantastic at 37!

Haven't really checked out the director's other works though.  I've only seen this and Punch Drunk Love.  Have 0% interest in Magnolia.

His first film Hard Eight is great though I would really like to see his original director's cut of it as it was taken out of his hands during the editing stage and lost a ton of great scenes.

Magnolia was actually good (though a bit overwrought at times IMO) except for the ending which I thought was too much of a blatent Short Cuts ripoff of sorts.  That movie ended (or I should say just stops) with an earthquake that affects all of the characters while Magnolia tries for something much more profound and thought provoking that IMO just came across as stupid.

Punch Drunk Love is a flick that I have never quite liked that much though Adam Sandler's perforance in it was quite good as I usually can't stand him.

I saw the trailer for the newest PTA film that stars Daniel Day Lewis about something to do with oil back in the 1800's I believe.  It looks pretty interesting.

As for Heather: age difference be damned, I'd tap that.

Punch Drunk was just an odd flick.  I didn't hate it, but it was just like, "Okay.  That's one dvd I won't buy, but I might watch if it comes on tv."  I don't know if I'd like Adam in dramas.  He's good when it comes to playing the "idiot man-child/yelling at people/falls in love" type guy he plays in most of his comedies.  Obviously by my name, I'm a fan of his flicks. 

I want to see Hard Eight though. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2007, 10:05:07 AM »

Watched Paranoiac last night.  Another Hammer horror film, this one in black and white.  Was a tiny bit disappointed that it didn't have any of the Gothic atmosphere of most of their films, it just seemed like any other British film from that time period (had about the same atmosphere as an episode of The Avengers).  And no supernatural elements at all, though the ending sort of bordered on the supernatural.  It's about a family, a brother and two sisters.  Their parents were killed long ago, and their other brother committed suicide soon after.  One of the sisters is going insane, and she thinks she sees her dead brother walking around.  Just as she's about to commit suicide, the brother everyone thought was dead shows up and saves her.  The other brother (the one who didn't commit suicide) is a drunken nutcase, and is very upset that he'll be losing a good chunk of his inheritance now that another sibling is around (they are living on trust funds, and the entire inheritance is coming to them in three weeks).  Anyhow, plenty of plot twists and turns, made for an interesting story.  It just spirals deeper and deeper into depravity as it goes.  Good acting as usual in Hammer films.  I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2007, 04:15:46 PM »

I watched...
For the first time...GLEN or GLENDA!!!

EGADS!!! Whatta  f#cked up movie! I have a new respect for Ed Woods ineptness at constructing sentences that make NO DAM SENSE whatso ever! It was quite surreal to hear Bela mouthing Wood's mindles  psycho-babble. Excellent!!!!

Strange what slips through the cracks sometimes.  I'm shocked a Bela fan like you never saw this particular gem in his crown, GLEN OR GLENDA!  This is my favorite Wood movie, by a wide margin.  "Bevare! Bevare of the big green dragon that sits on your doorstep. He eats little boys... Puppy dog tails, and big fat snails... Bevare... Take care... Bevare!"  Words to live by.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2007, 07:29:08 PM »

I watched...
For the first time...GLEN or GLENDA!!!

EGADS!!! Whatta  f#cked up movie! I have a new respect for Ed Woods ineptness at constructing sentences that make NO DAM SENSE whatso ever! It was quite surreal to hear Bela mouthing Wood's mindles  psycho-babble. Excellent!!!!

Strange what slips through the cracks sometimes.  I'm shocked a Bela fan like you never saw this particular gem in his crown, GLEN OR GLENDA!  This is my favorite Wood movie, by a wide margin.  "Bevare! Bevare of the big green dragon that sits on your doorstep. He eats little boys... Puppy dog tails, and big fat snails... Bevare... Take care... Bevare!"  Words to live by.

It's just one of those I never got the oppurtonity to see!I saw a Fuzzy pink Ed Wood VHS set at the Mall in Kalamazoo some years back...but I had BRIDE of the MONSTER and PLAN 9 already...so paying $35 dollars or so seemed a bit too much at the time...still kicking my own corn for passing it up...!!! A few other Lugosi films I've yet to see...
.RETURN of the APEMAN
.BOWARY at MIDNIGHT
.The PHANTOM SHIP (a very early Hammer film!!!)
.any of his silents.
...and of course...the long lost LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS (50's) and also lost German version of Jekyll and Hyde...with Conrad Veidt as the good Doctor and Bela as his trusted servant...DER JANUSKOPH (directed by F.W. Munrou of NOSFERATU fame.)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2007, 09:46:28 PM »

Clerks 2- Good flick.  Works well for a sequel, performances are top notch.  Dante having two girlfriends still seems a bit far-fetched, but Elias, the new Clerk was a good find.

Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2007, 11:04:20 PM »

Bad Santa (unrated version)  ***1/2 out of ****
This has quickly become probably my favorite Christmas movie of all time. I guess that might say more about me than I would like  TeddyR but the movie DOES have good message buried deep beneath all of the vulgarities and obscene behavior.  Billy Bob Thorton has the role of a life time, Lauren Graham is hot and sweet as well as funny and the rest of the cast is pure gold.  John Ritter is particularly good in what would sadly be his final role after an unknown heart condition would kill him in his late 50's.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #172 on: December 09, 2007, 07:17:07 PM »

13 GOING ON 30 (2005): Predictable remake of BIG (and about a hundred other movies) where a teenaged girl wishes to be an adult, finds her wish magically granted.  A few chuckles and Jennifer Garner ain't bad to look at, but for most people on badmovies.org it would rate a skull, or even negative slimes.  For its intended audience of teenaged girls and people nostalgic for dance numbers featuring bad 80s pop songs, it's probably 2 out of 5.  LESSON LEARNED: There is no possibility of learning a useful lesson from such pablum.

Before anyone jumps on me for my movie choices, I should mention that I'm trapped at my parent's house for about a week while my furniture is en route to Louisville from Las Vegas.  Based on the first 5 minutes of the flick my mom, bless her heart, thought this tripe would be "cute."   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #173 on: December 10, 2007, 08:34:11 AM »

Over the weekend, I watched 4 movies.

Manos, Hands of Fate.  Now I see why it's so BAD.

Tremors - It was a good film, and I'll probably watch the 2nd film tonight or sometime next week.

The Untouchables - A great film, aminly b/c I have a strong interest in Prohibition era America, I find it intersting to say the least.

Tommy Boy - Very funny film, I've sene it before, but it was a long time ago.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #174 on: December 10, 2007, 11:29:58 AM »

Tremors - It was a good film, and I'll probably watch the 2nd film tonight or sometime next week.

The Untouchables - A great film, aminly b/c I have a strong interest in Prohibition era America, I find it intersting to say the least.

Ah, Manos.  That wonderful little gem.  Egad.  I think when you go to watch it and are blasted with 5 minutes of a non dialouge driving around scene just looking at trees, it says an awful lot about how awful the rest of the flick will be.

Tommy Boy- Classic comedy in my opinon.  I even have Chris Farley's line about the head up the butcher's ass as my ringtone on my cell phone.

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #175 on: December 10, 2007, 02:32:10 PM »

Ah, Manos.  That wonderful little gem.  Egad.  I think when you go to watch it and are blasted with 5 minutes of a non dialouge driving around scene just looking at trees, it says an awful lot about how awful the rest of the flick will be.

Tommy Boy- Classic comedy in my opinon.  I even have Chris Farley's line about the head up the butcher's ass as my ringtone on my cell phone.

Manos was something that I was looking foward to for a while, knowing how bad it was I went in with an open mind, and still nearly fell asleep watching it.  My favorite was the couple making out, since they had NOTHING to do with the plot.

We used to spew lines from Tommy Boy when I was till in grade school. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #176 on: December 10, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »

That teen couple must have been an easy sell to be in the movie.  I can see the director now: "I'll give you ten bucks to sit in a car and make out."  Teens: "Okay."

Even Dr. Forrester and Tv's Frank from MST3K apologized for making Joel watch it.  Twice an apology came out.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2007, 08:02:42 PM »

That teen couple must have been an easy sell to be in the movie.  I can see the director now: "I'll give you ten bucks to sit in a car and make out."  Teens: "Okay."

Even Dr. Forrester and Tv's Frank from MST3K apologized for making Joel watch it.  Twice an apology came out.

See, this is why I am bitter.  Most people are familiar with "Manos" due to MST3K.  I am familiar with "Manos" sans any sort of comedy buffer between me and the film.  The effect of "Manos" on your average human being...is not pleasant to watch.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Torgo

« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2007, 08:27:20 PM »

See, this is why I am bitter.  Most people are familiar with "Manos" due to MST3K.  I am familiar with "Manos" sans any sort of comedy buffer between me and the film.  The effect of "Manos" on your average human being...is not pleasant to watch.

I first saw Manos (like most other people) on MST3K but a couple of years after that a mom & pop video store was going out of business and I got an actual uncut VHS copy of the movie itself for only a dollar.

I can only imagine someone watching this first without the MST3K treatment. I was able to place the jokes in my head so seeing it afterwards was of a waste.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2007, 08:37:51 PM »

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.