Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:31:36 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2100747 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #210 on: December 21, 2007, 08:46:19 AM »

Maniac is brilliantly twisted, although that may not have been Dwain Esper's intention.

Metropolis is a silent masterpiece, but sadly some idiots are going to try and remake it.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:50:59 PM by trekgeezer » Logged

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »

Watched Club Dread last night.  It was sort of cute;  A parody of slasher flicks.  There's a resort on a tropical island, and the employees are turning up dead.  Everyone suspects everyone else.  The characters are quite entertaining, you've got the hot babe main girl, some English dude with dreadlocks who likes her, but she likes the martial arts guy (his skills include a nerve pinch which induces instant orgasm).  Then there's a washed up rock star from the '70s, his album titles include stuff like "Sea Shanties and Wet Panties".

Nothing spectacular, but it made me laugh a few times.  Sort of in the vein of Scary Movie, same crude humor, but it's not nearly as silly as those movies.  Pretty silly, but not that silly.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2007, 02:24:43 PM »

Maniac (1934)

A film every true bad movie film fanatic should experience in their lifetime. This is one of the best examples of unintentional hiliarity I've ever seen. It's way over the top performances feel like something you might see at a local play, a bad local play. A mad doctor's assistant is threatened into using his impersonation skills to aid in said mad doctor's diabolical plans of creating life after death. Eventually when the assistant fails, the mad doctor sets his sights on him as his next victim! What happens after that is even crazier. This movie has an unbelievable cat eyeball eating seqeunce, a fight between two people armed with hypodermic needles and even more insanity. It's certainly far from being a dull 51 minutes. Recommended mainly to bad movie lovers, I'd give this 5 slimes. However, for normal folks, I'd be hard pressed to give it more than ** out ***** and I'm only giving it that because it holds one's attention and manages to be quite shocking. I can only imagine how freaky it was in its time.

Seconded.  I was amazed at this.  Not only is the plot insane (there's even more crazy stuff Jase left out), but it features every species of bad acting known to man, from maniacal scenery munching to reading the lines off a cue card.  Every bad movie fan owes it to themselves track down a copy.  If all that's not enough to get you excited, it even has B&W boobies!

Thats funny I actually bought Maniac for $1 about a month ago. Still have to watch it.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2007, 09:50:24 PM »

UHF- Good, fun little movie, starring Weird Al Yankovic and Michael Richards amongst others.  Not to mention Kevin McCarthy of Invasion of The Body Snatchers fame.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »

UHF- Good, fun little movie, starring Weird Al Yankovic and Michael Richards amongst others.  Not to mention Kevin McCarthy of Invasion of The Body Snatchers fame.

Yes, an unheralded comedy classic!  I love the Yappy's Dog Treats scene and the old bum.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Torgo

« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2007, 11:14:25 PM »

A CHRISTMAS STORY   **** out of ****
My favorite Christmas movie  of all time.  It never gets old.  Classic stuff.

THE REF  *** out of ****
Very underrated and I think that this has Denis Leary's best performance to date in it.  Kevin Spacey and Judy Davis shine as the married couple who almost succeed in driving Leary crazy.  Lags a bit but overall has quite a bit of funny stuff in it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2007, 08:55:31 AM »

Dark Queen - sort of like a Cinemax After Dark film, but with only 1/10th as much sex.  So what would be the point of such a movie, you ask?  Well, that's a really good question.  This hot babe college professor is studying ESP, and there's an evil dude in a mental institution that has made some sort of breakthrough - he's got a secret formula that can let you read people's minds.  Hot babe is depressed because she's in love with her teaching assistant, but he's out boinking a cheerleader, so she drinks the secret potion.  She turns evil and begins killing people.  In a black leather S&M type outfit.  The script and the acting are Z-grade, I think half the actors were actually set builders or other crew members.  Lots of hot babes, and you'll see every one topless, so there's that. 

All Souls Day - After 2 or 3 prologues, we meet a young couple who are travelling through Mexico.  They have an accident and end up stuck in a small village.  Turns out there's zombies inhabiting the village, and they need a sacrifice.  The plot moves at a fairly agonizing pace, but I thought the characters were likable enough to keep me entertained.  Overall it was fairly okay.  Things learned:  All cheerleaders can do Kim Possible style cheer-fu. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2007, 09:49:06 AM »

Yes, an unheralded comedy classic!  I love the Yappy's Dog Treats scene and the old bum.
I love that the old bum asks for change, counts it out to a dollar, then gives Al a one dollar bill.

WTH is that? BounceGiggle

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2007, 10:06:42 AM »

I love that the old bum asks for change, counts it out to a dollar, then gives Al a one dollar bill.

The bum was asking for change for a dollar rather than begging for change.  It's a brilliant joke.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2007, 06:32:32 PM »

The bum was asking for change for a dollar rather than begging for change.  It's a brilliant joke.
It is a brilliant joke.  Al's underrated sometimes, in my opinion.  Between his album's, that movie, etc. he's got a lot of funny material.

D-Man
Bad Movie Lover

Only my head is tiny...

« Reply #220 on: December 23, 2007, 06:08:13 AM »

UHF has one of my all-time favorite movie quotes:  "You get to drink from...THE FIRE HOOOOOOOOOOSE!"  TeddyR
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #221 on: December 23, 2007, 12:47:57 PM »

I liked Crazy Ernie.  "Club a seal to get a better deal.  That's right, I'm gonna club a seal to get a better deal."

Or Conan the Librarian, "Don't you know the Dewey Decimal System?"

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2007, 01:25:44 PM »

Last night I watched WARNING from SPACE...an early Japenese sci-fi film. I assumed it would feature giant aliens from space.

Boy...was I WRONG!
Here's a pic of the aliens:

Now-the stpry is about aliens from space to save us from ourselves.All well and good. And no toungue in cheek is invloved. But the aliens are so STUPID looking and fake...it's hard not to laff at them waddling around!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #223 on: December 24, 2007, 10:10:11 AM »

Shrek- I love Shrek.  Gingerbread Man and Pinocchio are the most funny and underrated characters in the flick.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #224 on: December 26, 2007, 12:19:20 PM »

THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY. 5/5:  Not much needs to be said about this classic, except that it may be the ultimate "guy" movie.  I started a thread about it here.

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (1963). 4/5: Fun family fantasy flick, reasonably faithful to Greek mythology.  The main attraction is Ray Harryhausen's stop motion animation.  I watched this with a 7 and an 8 year old.  The 8 year old was a fan of Greek myth and stayed interested throughout; the 7 year old complained that the special effects were "bad" (damn CGI!) and left after the giant bronze titan appeared.

A CHRISTMAS STORY: This could (should) have been an unbearably saccharine nostalgic movie, but the humor redeems it and turns it into a classic.  Surprisingly rewatchable, in season.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.