Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:07:08 AM
714148 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 795
Author Topic: Recent viewings  (Read 2107826 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #225 on: December 26, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »

Well after all this UHF talk I dusted off my copy and me and the Misses watch 3 imagination movies Christmas eve while waiting for Santa to do his jolly thing.

We watched...

UHF
Better off Dead

and the classic imagination film ...
The Christmas Story

Hardest we've laughed in a while, which does nothing to get the kids to sleep! (What?!, what's so funny? What are you doing in there? etc etc ... Go to sleep or Santa's going to skip this house!)

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #226 on: December 26, 2007, 09:23:00 PM »

My most recent viewings.

Karate Bullfighter - Interesting movie about Mas Omaya the founder of Kyokushin Karate.  Sonny Chiba really does a good job in portraying his instructor Master Omaya.  It's notr dub which is good since it still holds some goodness of the film.  The camera work imo could have been better and some times the camera is all over the place. m It's violent, but it's not like other Martial arts films that are commonly seen. 

Battle Royale -   Excellent film, however though at times it's hard to watch.  Not as detailed as the book, but it's close to what the book has in it.  I would recommending reading the book first, as it gives you A LOT of background story that may not be in the film, such certain people's relationships in the book are giving a lot of depth to it. 

asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #227 on: December 26, 2007, 09:34:01 PM »

Ed Wood- ***.  Great performances from Johnny Depp and Martin Landau, especially.  Virtually an unknown flick, which kinda surprised me, considering the stars in it.  Didn't necessarily surprise me either, considering Ed Wood's work in real life either.  Because of this flick I actually went out and bought Plan 9. 

I loved Ed Wood.  I found it quite interesting to say the least.  My only complaints were that Jeffrey Jones couldn't pull off Criswell that well.  He just didn't jump out as Criswell to me.  I also felt that Sarah Jessica Parker was kinda wooden at times.  I really think that if the film would have been released today instead of 1994 I think it would have done really well.  The reason I think this is that more people know about Ed Wood and his "films" now then they did back in 1994. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2007, 10:09:36 PM »

Ed Wood- ***.  Great performances from Johnny Depp and Martin Landau, especially.  Virtually an unknown flick, which kinda surprised me, considering the stars in it.  Didn't necessarily surprise me either, considering Ed Wood's work in real life either.  Because of this flick I actually went out and bought Plan 9. 

I loved Ed Wood.  I found it quite interesting to say the least.  My only complaints were that Jeffrey Jones couldn't pull off Criswell that well.  He just didn't jump out as Criswell to me.  I also felt that Sarah Jessica Parker was kinda wooden at times.  I really think that if the film would have been released today instead of 1994 I think it would have done really well.  The reason I think this is that more people know about Ed Wood and his "films" now then they did back in 1994. 

Honestly, I like this movie despite Sarah.  I've never been a fan of hers honestly, and can name this movie and Hocus Pocus as the only two I'll watch her in.  As far as the movie goes, I wish it was more well known, because when I mention it to people, they look blankly like, "What?"

It would've been a hit today I think, due in part to the fact that more people are aware of Ed's movies, and the fact that Johnny Depp is now 'bankable' as an actor, as opposed to being the odd co-star type he was then.  Now, between Pirates, Willy Wonka, Sweeny Todd he's broken that barrier, apparently.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2007, 10:16:45 PM »

For our Christmas night movie, we finally sat down and gave FRANKENHOOKER a look.

What a fun film, and Andrew's review is a load of laughs as well.   Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #230 on: December 27, 2007, 08:31:50 AM »

I watched Eastern Promises (*** and 1/2 out of ****) last night.  Very, very good film.  It's a nice mob thriller by David Cronenberg.  It's not his usual weird gross-out fare (although the killings in the movie are pretty graphic) but he hits this one out of the park.  Lots of twists, turns and tension.

I highly recommend this movie.  One of the best of '07.  (BTW, I watched it with a friend who is not a movie buff and he loved the hell out of it.)

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #231 on: December 27, 2007, 11:54:02 AM »

Cannibal! The Musical

Small | Large

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #232 on: December 27, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »

Watched a Double Feature dvd last nite...CIRCUS of FEAR with Christopher Lee and Klaus Kinski and WEB of the SPIDER with Tony Francious (whatever happened to him,anyway?) and Klaus Kinski as Edgar Allen Poe...meh. !st was kinda blah...second had a nice atmosphere...but was a convoluted mess. But...I only spent a dollar on the thing so...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #233 on: December 27, 2007, 07:06:40 PM »

Conan The Barbarian
I've never seen the whole thing start to finish.  My son bought it for xmas and he watched it on his own and loved it.  Then we watched it together and I started giving it the old MST3K treatment.  After that, the kid couldn't look at the movie in the same way.  He actually said, "I didn't realise how funny it really is!".  Then he started and we were in fits for the whole 2 hours.  Awesome way to spend an evening when there's nothing on telly.

Law And Order Criminal Intent Season One
Watched the first four episodes.  Apart from the fact it's a brilliant show and Vincent D'Onofrio is VERY yummy, I bought the box on sale for $25!!!!!  Normally these shows are $50 +.  So, majorly enjoyable all 'round.

I, Robot
Will Smith does a great job being himself and the scene when he's in the shower, I keep yelling, "turn around, turn around!" but he never does.  *sigh* Oh, well, it's still a great movie.

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind
I'm not a fan of artsy farsty movies and the same holds true with this one.  It's confusin and annoying, even though Jim Carrey is good in serious roles.  The ending was a little too abrupt for my tastes, but I couldn't tell you how it should have ended.  At the end, I just said, "huh?"  One of those films that doesn't really have a point.

Cypher
Rollicking adventure that had me glued to the telly.  Lucy Liu looked frightful in a short wig, but Jeremy Northam was brilliant as always.  It wasn't until nearly the very end that I sussed out what was going on.  Good value in my book.  Enjoyed it immensely.

Robots
Funny and well done.  Robin Williams was amusing, but not over the top which I appreciated.  Jennifer Coolidge as Aunt Fan was delightful as always.  Her voice really suited the character.  The animation was brilliant and I just loved the express public transport *lol*

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2007, 07:10:48 AM »

Karate Bearfighter ** 1/2 out of ****

Decent film that hit the camp button late in the film.  The fight scenese were good and the acting is interesting as well.  The dialouge was odd at times, and it gave the impression that US military just wants to kick peoples ass when ever they get a chance.  The camp vaule of the film came when the main character had to fight a bear.  Well it's not a real bear, but a man in a bear costume.  It was still fun to watch, but it's not as good as the first.

I still have the last movie is the box set to watch, then I have my two Netflix rentals Leonard Part 6 and It's Pat the Movie to watch, so I'll watch them this weekend.  Plus I also have the Toxic Avenger coming on Saturday as well from Netflix.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2007, 09:42:05 AM »

Law And Order Criminal Intent Season One
Watched the first four episodes.  Apart from the fact it's a brilliant show and Vincent D'Onofrio is VERY yummy, I bought the box on sale for $25!!!!!  Normally these shows are $50 +.  So, majorly enjoyable all 'round.

Good show.  Slowly becoming my favorite of the Law and Orders.  Did you see the episode where he goes into the prison recently and acts crazy to see if the jail is really drugging prisoners and whatnot?  I hope they do another episode like that, cause they need to finish the story.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2007, 11:02:49 PM »

Just watched the WILD RIDE (1960) with a VERY young Jack Nicholson. And Jack plays an amoral, self centered hot-rodder and cop-killer! Not too shabby for a Z-budget movie...and Jack's first starring movie! Give it a look!  Thumbup

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2007, 09:15:41 AM »

Just watched the WILD RIDE (1960) with a VERY young Jack Nicholson. And Jack plays an amoral, self centered hot-rodder and cop-killer! Not too shabby for a Z-budget movie...and Jack's first starring movie!

So basically Jack Nicholson plays himself in this movie.   Wink   BounceGiggle

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #238 on: December 29, 2007, 10:13:39 AM »

Just watched the WILD RIDE (1960) with a VERY young Jack Nicholson. And Jack plays an amoral, self centered hot-rodder and cop-killer! Not too shabby for a Z-budget movie...and Jack's first starring movie!

So basically Jack Nicholson plays himself in this movie.   Wink   BounceGiggle

Uhmmmm...yeah!  BounceGiggle

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #239 on: December 29, 2007, 09:43:11 PM »

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back- Hilarious movie. 

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 795
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Recent viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.